Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 11:01   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Ah, i am fine and still enjoying the body ache and insect bites and no leech bite this time .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Mjothi, good photographs. Now you know why we invite you to events. You will do justice to nature and offroaders.
Deep sigh! After all these comments we're yet to see some more snaps.

Somebody's camera sitting in somebody's car. Someone keeps his camera in office. Someone shoots RAW and needs more time to process.. This list can go on and on.

Come fast you lazy guys.
Old 8th September 2009, 13:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wondering whats happening with other Guys!!!! Guys, come on post your pics...

Here is the next set from me.

Siddartha's Gypsy doesnot like the road!

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0034.jpg

Watch the "perfect" roads for those machines
The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0042.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0043.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0044.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0045.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0046.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0047.jpg

Now for some good scenery
The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0049.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0053.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0054.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0070.jpg

Khan, so shy to show himself

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0069.jpg

See the guys excited to see a small stream crossing.
Name:  IMG_0087.JPG
Views: 906
Size:  110.9 KB

How long to get wet sitting inside the vehicle? So, now a change!

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0088.jpg

Cont...
Old 8th September 2009, 14:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

When we reach the spot, Khan just notices that there is almost no screws left in his front left hubs.

It was just hanging in its position. Now what to do? What else than to steal from other Gypsy

That's exactly what happened.

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0092.jpg

Luckily we got a local mechanic, hehehe, Just kidding.

Can anyone guess whose this?

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0098.jpg

Siddarth at action.

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0095.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0099.jpg

Khan getting ready to roll down!

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0101.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0102.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0104.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0106.jpg

Shakeer's Gypsy driven by a jeeper
The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0109.jpg

Khan, saying - "That jeeper is trying hard to get the Gypsy stuck"
The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0111.jpg

Siddarth Gypsy
The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0112.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0113.jpg

Swastik Vijai's MM550
The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0114.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0117.jpg

Sreeraj's 550
The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0120.jpg

Spidey leading the way to the deadly falls.

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0125.jpg
Old 8th September 2009, 14:23   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
When we reach the spot, Khan just notices that there is almost no screws left in his front left hubs.

It was just hanging in its position. Now what to do? What else than to steal from other Gypsy

That's exactly what happened.
I never even thought that these Lamda locking hubs are so stupid that nuts will fall off. I lost all 6 on one wheel and 3 on the other. I had to borrow from the 2 other Gypsy's out there -- 2 from each. A BIG THANK YOU to Shakir & Siddu. If nuts from these Gypsy's were not available then my whole OTR would have come to an end there itself

Quote:
Khan, saying - "That jeeper is trying hard to get the Gypsy stuck"
Attachment 187072
Well, that 'jeeper' did try his BEST to get the Gypsy stuck but it did not get stuck. On day 2 he managed to do it eventually -- in wrong gear at the wrong place
Old 8th September 2009, 14:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
On day 2 he managed to do it eventually -- in wrong gear at the wrong place
That too to a unimaginable vehicle
Old 8th September 2009, 14:37   #36
BHPian

Some nice shots there mjothi. Those beasts must have felt at home with those roads and conditions (Rainy, Foggy, Misty). I am getting goosebumps . More photos please.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:41   #37
BHPian

The (no) road to heaven

Ok guys, as Samurai said, i have no action shots this time, since i was driving. But this was special for me. First time i shot vehicles in RAW instead of shooting away JPEGs. Most of the time my friends will be shooting for me with my camera while i was behind the wheels. I do not know anything about automotive photography (i am a birder). This is the first time i wanted to shoot seriously. I just started processing the RAWs now. Just to begin with, my favorite shot of the trip. Guys, there is no road, the path you are seeing is freshly created by vehicles. i wanted to include the entire path which is going to left side of the frame and starting again from top to right. But i wanted to focus of the jeep standing on top, and the hight of the hill. The jeep standing on top is chandan's, the one which is trying to climb is Swasthinkviji's. Will post more when i ge time to process.

Enjoy.....
--Sree--

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-munj_5.jpg
sreerajunnithan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2009, 14:44   #38
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never even thought that these Lamda locking hubs are so stupid that nuts will fall off.
You may wish to add some threadlock and tighten them
Old 8th September 2009, 15:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

When we reached the view of falls, we were so excited. It was such a beautiful site. And man, the falls was so ferocious.

Some more pics from that location.

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0142.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0144.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0145.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0152.jpg

When we came back, we decided to sent the Vehicle with winch first to we can pull others if stuck. Little we thought that this vehicle will be the one that will give all the problems

While we decided to winch, the next problem started. we removed the cable fully that it came out completely. the other end which was usually tied to a screw was cut and hence the issue. it took some time to get it and pull the vehicle.

Ok, now to pics

its stuck, Now what?

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0160.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0161.jpg

Now Viji takes the driver seat and reverse the vehicle

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0162.jpg

it did not helped
The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0172.jpg

This is one way
The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0173.jpg

And finally, this way

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0180.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0183.jpg

Shakir's Gypsy driven by the same jeeper

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0191.jpg

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0192.jpg

Sreeraj's Vehicle

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0195.jpg

Now, back to Resort!

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-img_0198.jpg

Ok, I am done with my set of pics. Since I did not had battery, the 2nd day event was captured with Swastik viji's cam. So, we need to wait for him.

Over to Vijai.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:16   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
.... Guys, there is no road, the path you are seeing is freshly created by vehicles. ....
...The jeep standing on top is chandan's, the one which is trying to climb is Swasthinkviji's. Will post more when i ge time to process.

Attachment 187096
Great shot sree. If somehow the downward gradient of the hill from where you captured this image could have been captured then that would have been like icing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
You may wish to add some threadlock and tighten them
Yes. will be doing that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
... When we came back, we decided to sent the Vehicle with winch first to we can pull others if stuck. Little we thought that this vehicle will be the one that will give all the problems
Those Michellin LTX tyres are no good -- pretty useless. It was good that I had already climbed before this jeep else...

Here is a Gypsy towing a MM..

Hey, who has the video of Siddu's gypsy roaring up that slope? Man, that 1.0 gypsy engine is tooo good.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Whew!!! More pics, more pics, more pics !!!!
Mjothi, how the hell do you always land up at the right place at the right times?
Old 8th September 2009, 16:44   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Great shot sree. If somehow the downward gradient of the hill from where you captured this image could have been captured then that would have been like icing on the cake.
No way Saaar, it was technically not possible .

Here is the rest of pictures i have processed.

The beasts before action...

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-munj_1.jpg

The most photogenic vehicle in the lot....

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-munj_2.jpg

Men and machines...

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-munj_3.jpg

Middle of nowhere.....

Name:  munj_4.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  502.0 KB

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 8th September 2009, 16:48   #43
BHPian

guys i am hooked to this thread.mjothi i had given you my number for get togethers like this.i met you at sundaram with my fozzy.i want to join in for such OTR'S.i will PM my number to you & khan_sultan.
great pictures & wonderful location.
makes me feel the only must have in life is,a good car,team-bhp & bhpians.there is alot of land to cover in the entire life.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:54   #44
BHPian

excellent photographs and very good naration.... I heard the complete story from Vamsi and I was thrilled listening to it.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
No way Saaar, it was technically not possible .
may be someone went to another hill and captured both these hills?

Anyway, it involves 3 hills to have the whole essence of this climb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
guys i am hooked to this thread.mjothi i had given you my number for get togethers like this.i met you at sundaram with my fozzy.i want to join in for such OTR'S.i will PM my number to you & khan_sultan.
great pictures & wonderful location.
makes me feel the only must have in life is,a good car,team-bhp & bhpians.there is alot of land to cover in the entire life.
Sure saar. Will be taken care from next time.

Last edited by Samurai : 8th September 2009 at 17:29. Reason: PM sent

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks