Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 12:52   #31
BHPian

any updates here?that picture of safari is awesome
Old 16th September 2009, 14:37   #32
BHPian

I am residing in Bannerghatta road. How can I reach the meeting point. And are there any one of you who are close so that we can go together.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:50   #33
BHPian

I don't have a 4x4, but would love to come and watch. Is there somebody with whom I can hitch a ride? I'm put up near Old Madras Road. Is there someone from Indira Nagar, Whitefield area who is attending this
Old 16th September 2009, 14:58   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I don't have a 4x4, but would love to come and watch. Is there somebody with whom I can hitch a ride? I'm put up near Old Madras Road. Is there someone from Indira Nagar, Whitefield area who is attending this
I m sure you will get someone, even otherwise, you could drive down till the main road and then hop onto any vehicle participating.
Trust me, you will enjoy it.
Old 16th September 2009, 15:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I m sure you will get someone, even otherwise, you could drive down till the main road and then hop onto any vehicle participating.
Trust me, you will enjoy it.
Yeah, thats the plan if no one says "you can join me".
Old 16th September 2009, 15:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I have not seen any jeepers confirmed in this so far.

Anyway, check with Sreeraj. He stays in Marathahalli. In case he goes for this, you can park your car in his place and join him.
Old 16th September 2009, 15:46   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post

Anyway, check with Sreeraj. He stays in Marathahalli. In case he goes for this, you can park your car in his place and join him.
Will check with him. Thanks mjothi.
Old 16th September 2009, 20:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post

i am half minded to come to this one in my recently got CJ340. I am planning to see as a spectator 1st and try later.

Buttt - Mjothi - isnt it a good thing if you have a smaller group (cant define small). Lets hope this plan stays put.
Old 16th September 2009, 21:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
i am half minded to come to this one in my recently got CJ340. I am planning to see as a spectator 1st and try later.

Buttt - Mjothi - isnt it a good thing if you have a smaller group (cant define small). Lets hope this plan stays put.
Definitely sir. Smaller (4-5 vehicles) is also good. Why I quoted above was, I did not find any jeeper confirmed so we can check with them if unni can hop in.

I know, its still 4 days away, a long time frame to plan anything for our guys
Old 16th September 2009, 23:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Nandishpal,

track is definitely doable with some guidance. Your readiness is very encouraging to us to have your forrester. Let's do it. Only advice, listen and follow instructions by guide.

You are welcome buddy.

Hi Dwarak Mamu,
1> Would plead difference on this one.
2> No amount of guidance can prevent the underchassis of a low slung vehicle come out unscathed.
3> The undergrowth and bushes would by now be much thicker thanks to the rains and the sides of the vehicles will be subjected to "Bear Marking of the Terrain".
4> The last guy who was illogically allowed to enter the trail with a 2wd returned with a broken chassis when he had to be towed out.
5> Also please do look up the Jeep Thrills discussion board where we have already suggested alternatives to Dwarak based on the concern expressed by Forest Dept to the villagers about the damage caused by the jeepers to the saplings planted by them.
6> I hope you will have a nice OTR in an alternate terrain.
7> Here is a link to that discussion board. Yahoo! Groups
Cheers
Jammy
Attached Thumbnails
BLR-Tippagondanahalli OTR 20th September 09-tata.jpg  

BLR-Tippagondanahalli OTR 20th September 09-jeep-wrangler.jpg  

BLR-Tippagondanahalli OTR 20th September 09-sheru-tghalli.jpg  

BLR-Tippagondanahalli OTR 20th September 09-sheru-tghalli2.jpg  

BLR-Tippagondanahalli OTR 20th September 09-sheruintghalli.jpg  

BLR-Tippagondanahalli OTR 20th September 09-tanzeems-gp.jpg  

Last edited by MM440 : 16th September 2009 at 23:38.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

mm440,

you are the enlightened one. Looking at the confirmations as of now, none of the senior jeepers have confirmed. May be because of long weekend, all are planning long drives. Without recovery vehicle i.e. winches, it would be futile attempt to visit Thippagondanahalli. Alternative route suggested here can be explored. Keep watching this post.

Good luck.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:01   #42

Dwarak sir,

Was looking at maps of the area and find that there are numerous quarry trails to the left of the trail as we usually go. It is hardly a kilometre away from the killer trail that has been explored earlier. Hope to make some time on Saturday and check them out

Attached is a google map of the area with a black line which is approximately the present trail. To the right of the trail one can see the some white areas which are quarries from where there will be some trail to explore

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
BLR-Tippagondanahalli OTR 20th September 09-tipstrail.jpg  

Old 17th September 2009, 14:24   #43
BHPian

So is there any alternative trails suggested till now. Just wanted to plan out my weekend. If this is not happening then I will have to plan out something else.
Old 17th September 2009, 18:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragpicker View Post
Dwarak sir,

Was looking at maps of the area and find that there are numerous quarry trails to the left of the trail as we usually go. It is hardly a kilometre away from the killer trail that has been explored earlier. Hope to make some time on Saturday and check them out

Attached is a google map of the area with a black line which is approximately the present trail. To the right of the trail one can see the some white areas which are quarries from where there will be some trail to explore

Cheers
Mukund,

That will be great. I hope you are joining the OTR. We need locational pointers. I am poor at reading maps Please.
Old 17th September 2009, 18:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragpicker View Post

Cheers
Johny, how about the trail going to manchanbelle dam along the stream. From TG Halli to manchanbelle dam must be a nice drive. or from the dam towards TG halli?

Most Viewed