Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 21:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

Roshan Gurukar MM540
Ravichander - Willys 95 % confirmed
Old 18th September 2009, 22:02   #62
BHPian

Roshan Gurukar / MM540 - with 2 cousins!!!
Old 19th September 2009, 12:07   #63
BHPian

I will be coming with 2 cousins and a friend. So where is the meeting point.
Old 19th September 2009, 20:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Appologies for not posting the time.

Assembly spot : Magadi road- Nice Road Junction

Time : 6.30 a.m. Sharp.

Breakfast at the assembly spot.

My contact No. 94481 40425. Please call if needed.
Old 19th September 2009, 21:04   #65
BHPian

Kittigadu MM50 Confirmed.
Coming with my wife and a friend.

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 19th September 2009, 22:19   #66
BHPian

I am not completly ready but still I am coming . Means I dont have the D hooks , Hi Lift Jack , Toe rope etc. couldnt assemble all these things on time. But My Jeep And I am ready. So see you all at meeting point in the morning. We are down to 3 now. The friend pulled off at the last moment.
Old 19th September 2009, 22:51   #67
BHPian

any chances of getting my stock xenon. Have some recovery tools but I have my doubt's if I can make it with such a big vehicle.
Old 19th September 2009, 23:30   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
any chances of getting my stock xenon. Have some recovery tools but I have my doubt's if I can make it with such a big vehicle.
it can do, only problem is the rear overhang and the breakover angle.. if you see the list of participating vehicles, there are few safaris and a Forester. I am not sure if xenon is heavier than safari.
Old 19th September 2009, 23:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
it can do, only problem is the rear overhang and the breakover angle.. if you see the list of participating vehicles, there are few safaris and a Forester. I am not sure if xenon is heavier than safari.
its actually lighter by 300kgs than the safari, but like you mentioned what worries me is the over hang and the breakover angle, and the tyres ofcourse.
Old 20th September 2009, 00:14   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
its actually lighter by 300kgs than the safari, but like you mentioned what worries me is the over hang and the breakover angle, and the tyres ofcourse.
AFAIK your xenon's height has been increased. maybe you want to give it a shot, go there and then see if it'll work out. Nobody has tried it in Xenon till now.i think you should.
Old 20th September 2009, 16:19   #71
BHPian

Gosh! 5 pages for this thread even before the event!? I think this is going to be big. People, please post the report soon!!

(I could not come because of a small crash I had on Friday evening. So, I am sitting under house arrest right now)
Old 20th September 2009, 21:15   #72
Senior - BHPian

Prelim Report

---------Guys with cameras. Probably the sun took the toll on you, please post the pics soon-----------

What a OTR, Wah wah!!

It was my 1st OTR and the adrenalin was noticeable. After a few 'thate' idlies and coffee, off set the Jeeps/gypsies towards the spot. Reached the initial entry point at 830~.

Suresh Stephen was the 1st to take the tricky rivulet (canal) crossing. After 10mins~, he winched himself out. Later Dwarak agreed to toss a coin (hehehe) to see if he can take the same route. Toss decided he goes in and after 15mins~, he got winched out by Suresh sir.

Meanwhile the word spreads that this route is a bummer and lets go into the trail from a bypass and a much easier route. Done. Exit was blocked by a few bikes and a Qualis (spectators). So Mukund (correct?) in a white gypsy makes his own road and exits stage left. Me and Rajesh KL MM540 (whats ur TBHP handle??) take the same route onto the main road along with Kitti Krishna.

Problem - Baburajs Red CJ340 came into the trail with 1,2,R gears not engaging. He took the risk of getting stuck and boy did he get stuck at the main road itself!!!. Too bad he was winched out by swastikviji and later he left back home. (We missed you babu, it was a good day, more so, we missed the 30Ltr diesel spare you had - Read ON WHY?)

So we got onto the trail and pushed on a few Kms.

Swastikviji - thanks for the ride with me on the 1st tiny slush challenge, very informative and kind of you.

Then came the 1st BIG One!!

It was a ascend, ripped open down the middle due to running rain water. The trench in the middle was any where between 1 feet DEEP to a full 5 feet DEEP. As usual Suresh made small work out of it.

Swastikviji came in next, got stuck in the 1st 2 feet. Diff got slightly beached and after a push back, he tried to clear it when the Engine went DEAD...!!! He was low on fuel and the angle of his ascent made the Mico suck Air into the nozzles and PoP went the motor. After my CJ340 spared a few liters of diesel, he restarted the climb. Halfway, swastikviji decided its Khana Kazana time and started a kitchen fire under his jeep. Clutch was on Menu and the smell was in the air for all... mmmmmmmmmm. He made it out and finally all others too did the same.

--Suresh and Dwarak was very supportive in making me go back down a shortcut I and Rajesh took to avoid the kitchen area. He told me the Cj340 can excel in that patch and boy did she floor me down. It was a breeze thru that patch.--

Exit stage Right.

After we proceeded to a open patch to cool down the stoves - Eh, the Motors, few guys started to the next level. OOPS. Swastikviji's dish gone stale, wont sell - Er, Engage. Star_Aqua found the gears just engage, ANY of them. So we were at 3-4 Kms away from sanity, half way up a hill beyond 1-2 obstacles and clutch burn out!! So for the time being we empty the Jeep of the valuables and locked it and proceeded.

Next was a rock challenge and I think Dwarak beached his xfer case on a rock and got axed out. Suresh found new route and decided to climb a hill full of ROCKS...!! Suresh did it followed by Dwarak. Then me. What? I was a 1st timer and direct into such a climb full of rocks and 2 turns enroute. Challenge accepted by CJ340 and after help from ground staff in placing/clearing a few rocks, she took off to the top of the hill. Thanks to Suresh for all the encouraging words. All followed suit and 1 MM540 got pulled out (tyre problem?)

After a photo shoot, we got out of there and meanwhile a few on foot had climbed to the highest peak nearby. We reached the spot and took a LONG break, hiking by all except a few (tired). We broke off from there and took a alternative challenging route back down. Similar rocky terrain with trenches and lots of Sheep.

After climbing down to the spot where the burnt dish was waiting, all cooled their heels. Out came the chaat industry of our country, namkeen - nippat - fried rings - badam/almonds (who got those??) - lots of biscuits, mazaa, water.

Swastikviji Recovery/Self_Recovered?
- The gurus decided the 1st gear + Low can be slotted, jump started and off went swastikviji's jeep down with star_Aqua at the helm. All he needed was a open road and no one to Keep stalling him and him stopping without a clutch!!! But Suresh has OTHER PLANS. After a few 100 mtrs he forgot viji;s Jeep was behind him and he stopped to talk to me/dwarak. OOPS - Star_aqua stalled the Jeep and VOILA!!!

Looks like during the cooking process the friction plate NEARLY MELTED DOWN and GOT STUCK TO THE FLY WHEEL side when it cooled down. So when it stalled, that pressure JOLT_RELEASED the plate and clutch was BACK - YIPEE (still recomended to visit the mechanic after reaching home).

After a quick descend, team gathered back on black thar roads. Kitti decided to take a right which takes to west bangy. Rest decided to exit stage left - back to starting point of the day and head into Country Club - Magadi Road. Rest I dont know, coz I took off from there...

Now Enough of this Editorial writeup - GUYS WITH CAMERAS - NOT FAIR... My 1st OTR - Please make me proud...

Last edited by svsantosh : 20th September 2009 at 21:23.
Old 20th September 2009, 21:45   #73
Senior - BHPian

Had to miss this one!

But, from SVSanthosh's description, I think it was a good thing!

For those with the photos, please post.
Old 20th September 2009, 21:53   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Had to miss this one!

But, from SVSanthosh's description, I think it was a good thing!

For those with the photos, please post.
hi Happy. Why? Safari damage prospect?
Old 20th September 2009, 22:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
hi Happy. Why? Safari damage prospect?
Yes chief.

Or, did I get the message all in the wrong sense?

(And my missing was due to a late night return the previous night after an outing! Talk about seeing KRS dam in heavy rain, it was good! )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks