Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 11:52   #76
BHPian

Thanx to vinay,siddhu for all the guidence.........
Old 6th October 2009, 11:53   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post

Hrishi tries to makeit next and gets stuck. for almost 2 hrs.. Finallly he was pulled out by Xenon and the MM540 together with a 'V' tow. By the time this was over it was dark and raining. You can make out how dark it was in one of the photos which was taken without flash!
Wow, 2 Hours So, must be a real fun guys. So, finally something stopped the Dicor. Hmm
Old 6th October 2009, 12:20   #78
Senior - BHPian

Now I know what I missed!!!

Anyway, there is a next time.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:51   #79
BHPian

This thread has been named aptly. it was truly unforgettable and almost nightmarish at times, i guess thats what makes it so unforgettable.

The name of the place by the way is "AAVALAKONDA " ( even the name sounds scary)

This 20 hour OTR was a test of one's patience and persistance,be it the failed attempt of recovering the scorpio which lasted 4 hours or hrishi's safari for 2 hours or the driving rain which lashed us every now and then or the lack of food or the knee deep slush or the darkness or just the very fact that we were all directionless at one point for quiet some time. but all of us did a great job and held it together and came back making it a very memorable and fun otr.

thanks to vinay and dwarak for organising it and mr M P SRINIVAS, firstly for showing us this trail and secondly for letting us use his piece of land which is at the end of the trail.

Last edited by siddartha : 6th October 2009 at 13:08.
Old 6th October 2009, 13:19   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post

The name of the place by the way is "AAVALAKONDA " ( even the name sounds scary)

thanks to vinay and dwarak for organising it and mr M P SRINIVAS, firstly for showing us this trail and secondly for letting us use his piece of land which is at the end of the trail.
I agree, sounds Anaconda.

And thanks to you guys too for enabling us feast on such an event. Some pictures on the night ordeal would have been even nice.
Old 6th October 2009, 13:45   #81
RVD
BHPian

Was the event announced on this forum ? I don't quite see it being mentioned anywhere or was it a private event with restricted entries ?
Old 6th October 2009, 14:35   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
I agree, sounds Anaconda.
oh may be thats why rahul (mclaren1885) was so scared and dint even get out of the vehicle and he made up some excuse that he had hurt his leg.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th October 2009 at 15:00.
Old 6th October 2009, 15:23   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ3b View Post
The one which is shaped in U & silver in color belongs to Monish
------------------------------------------
hey

Monish can contact my cousin Roshan on this no and decide where to pick it up.
Roshan mobile : 9880404510.Sorry i cant co-ordinate as i am leaving india tomorrow.

Cheers
nishanth
Old 6th October 2009, 15:25   #84
BHPian

Here are the fianl set of videos..

Vinay driving the Xenon..

Roshan makes it in one attempt..

Dwarak sirs Gypsy makes it thru..

Cheers
Nishanth
Old 6th October 2009, 16:52   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I remember rajesh telling us during breakfast "We should do some night OTR's"!! Well Rajesh looks like your wish came true.. that's why they say beware what you wish for , it might just come true!

Nishanth
Yes, I think I should really be careful of what I wish in future. Oh! What an evening that was.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th October 2009 at 17:04.
Old 6th October 2009, 17:11   #86
BHPian

Excellent Narration and pictures as usual from Rahul. Just enjoyed every bit of it.

Great OTR!!
Old 6th October 2009, 19:54   #87
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2009 at 17:39.
Old 6th October 2009, 22:04   #88
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
While I was having a nap! And the afterwards...

So I don't exactly remember, how long I dozed off for. Last thing I remember, Hrishi was coming up the trail.
Bangalore - Chikkaballapur OTR (02nd Oct 2009) - The Unforgettable OTR.!!!-img_6965.jpg

I look at my watch, it reads 1.5hrs from the time I dozed off. The Xenon starts, I wake up hoping we'd get back home anytime soon. Memo says, Hrishi's truck is still stuck in the muck .
Bangalore - Chikkaballapur OTR (02nd Oct 2009) - The Unforgettable OTR.!!!-img_6969.jpg

After umpteen tries trying to tow it out with the Xenon then the Jeep and then both it would just refuse to climb up.

So everyone decides to put in as many stones/rocks/branches etc to help the Safari get traction.

I am amazed by how all of them (save me) are working in pouring rain, only so that Hrishi could get out. I just love such team spirit. A thing I have been noticing about this OTR. Everyone is so willing to help the others get out of mess.

Just to show you how dedicated this bunch were to get Hrishi out, I have sharpened the pic to the max so that it can show you how heavily it was pouring and no one really cared about getting drenched and catching a fever/cold blah blah. No one even cared about the muck that was getting all over the clothes. Damn! This is what I yearn to see. And I feel horrible that I can't put my shoes on and get out to help them all.
Bangalore - Chikkaballapur OTR (02nd Oct 2009) - The Unforgettable OTR.!!!-img_6971.jpg

After quite a while (read 6ish) Hrishi manages to get out and his smile says it all...
Bangalore - Chikkaballapur OTR (02nd Oct 2009) - The Unforgettable OTR.!!!-img_6977.jpg

Hrishi preparing to get the tow rope off his truck so that they can tow Dwarak Sir's gypsy out.
Name:  IMG_6981.JPG
Views: 1178
Size:  382.3 KB

The least I could do given the situation I was in, click a few pics. Check how beautiful the background is...
Bangalore - Chikkaballapur OTR (02nd Oct 2009) - The Unforgettable OTR.!!!-img_6985.jpg

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 6th October 2009 at 22:06.
Old 6th October 2009, 22:21   #89
Senior - BHPian

Notice how the track was green in the initial pics and then how mucky it got during the recovery of the safari.
Old 6th October 2009, 22:25   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hari,
How did you Safari perform on this particular stretch?

Most Viewed