Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2009, 12:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

Competitive OTRs

Hi Guys,

Nice to see competitive OTRs taking off.

Great show by Bangy Boys.

For future, event I would suggest you concentrate more on the off-road obstacles than make it a hi-speed motor cross style circuit.

Regards,

Arka
Old 31st October 2009, 12:35   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Guys,

Nice to see competitive OTRs taking off.

Great show by Bangy Boys.

For future, event I would suggest you concentrate more on the off-road obstacles than make it a hi-speed motor cross style circuit.

Regards,

Arka

Yes i agree , it shouldnt be like an auto cross event, but i guess we have to really speed up in the straights/non obstacle sections in order to make up for the time lost during the obstacles/recovery.

In this event the sections in between the obstacles were also very bumpy, as this piece land had something cultivated previously.

And also for such events, if required ( coz it takes away some of the fun)the organisers can introduce a max speed limit,a rule such vehicle speed shall not exceed xx kmph at any given point during the run.

@shahnawaz - ya right ! your gypsy is defintely not suited for speed.Hey why dont u try get one of those old noisy diesel engines used in tractors for your gypsy instead of that sweet mpfi petrol engine.
Old 31st October 2009, 13:24   #63
BHPian

Shahnawaz, let me know if you are looking for a B275.
Old 31st October 2009, 13:28   #64
c10
BHPian

Khan Sir, i wanted to say the same lines for all BLR boys... Congrats Again!! Yes, Scorpio's got that beast look i must admit.. & i'm in lov with her..

It was a very short notice for me to let you all know about the event..

Its true that the 4x4 Off-roading cannot be related to speed but with more & more of obstacles for both the man & mean machines to take whatever comes their way.. And yes, something in a bigger form is being planned for December & next year as well.. So, i request the 4x4 participant & enthusiasts to express their views so that we can put them in action in the future events to come..

Cheers to the Sport & the Participants,
c10.
Old 31st October 2009, 13:32   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10 View Post
...So, i request the 4x4 participant & enthusiasts to express their views so that we can put them in action in the future events to come..
Here is my #1 item on the wishlist:
  • Entry fee to be a MAX of 1K / vehicle. 3-5 K of entry fee/vehicle is just tooo much, considering that we have to drive some 400 kms to/fro for this
Old 31st October 2009, 13:42   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Scorpio in Action last set of pictures.

This is absolutely the best set of Scorpio 4x4 action pictures I've seen anywhere. Awesome.

Would any of you guys be able to let me know the correct size manual hubs for the Scorpio, and does Lambda make them? Because every time I go for an OTR too, I keep worrying about the auto-locking hubs. They are the weakest link in an otherwise robust system. The other cause for concern is the exposed wiring and connectors for the 4x4 shifting mechanism, just above the transfer case. It could short if flooded with water.

Great stuff guys. And that too in my part of the country. Every time I see more Coorg pics, I get homesick!

Cheers,
Old 31st October 2009, 16:56   #67
Team-BHP Support

One advantage of close-circuit event is that photographers can really exploit the situation. There is will be time to scope out the action, select the best spots, compose the shot in advance and have many chances to get that sweet shot. The explains why this thread has so many good action shots.

Once I thought of coming to the event despite the bad shocks, but then the TSD nature of the event dampened my spirit. My Jeep is no speed demon by any stretch of imagination.

Scorpio/Bolero 4WD owners should simply replace the eletronic system with the manual system. It can be very frustrating to take such an expensive 4WD to OTR and have the 4WD electronics fail. Seen it so many times.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:49   #68
c10
BHPian

Few Videos of the event - Youtube..

Hi all,
Few videos of the event have been uploaded on Youtube... The links are as below:

- Gypsy Class Shakir

- Jeep Class Vijay Kumar - star_aqua

- Scorpio Class - Riyan

- Mahindra Jeep

- Jeep.

Cheers,
c10
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

wow! what an action scene. Kudos to Bangalore offroaders and congrats to Sha and Vijay for the trophies.

Good try by Star_Aqua and Rehaan.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:41   #70
BHPian

Thanks for putting up the videos c10.
The videos really give everyone a correct idea of this event was about. it also shows how really bumpy that track was.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:48   #71
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
wow! what an action scene. Kudos to Bangalore offroaders and congrats to Sha and Vijay for the trophies.
Thanks Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
Thanks for putting up the videos c10.
The videos really give everyone a correct idea of this event was about. it also shows how really bumpy that track was.
Yeah after watching the videos i felt body pain again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks