Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 07:11   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Me included?
Why not of course

But really guys , Amazing shots. Some of them are really well composed. with great DOF
Old 4th November 2009, 08:30   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Wish there is some way of teleporting me and my vehicle across India at will!!
Looks like lovely time by had by every one.
Old 4th November 2009, 10:53   #78
Senior - BHPian

No wonder Bangy is becoming a hot spot for OTR's...!!

The 2-3 pics of Jeeps on 2 or 3 wheels - Wow, nice capture. How did the baleno-willy manage itself in that side angle on 3 wheel!!! Scary.

EDIT
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...y-dsc_6152.jpg

Gurus - Please clarify if this was a safe angle given that (1) You are going against gravity (2) The 'against' sided wheel is in the Air. Nothing against the driver, but was this controlable or would a novice like me would have ended up upside down?

Last edited by svsantosh : 4th November 2009 at 10:55.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:08   #79
Senior - BHPian

Santhosh,

I think Babu gave an account of what happened over there with that vehicle. The driver tried to do a correction mid-way and ended up with this wheelie.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:14   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
No wonder Bangy is becoming a hot spot for OTR's...!!

The 2-3 pics of Jeeps on 2 or 3 wheels - Wow, nice capture. How did the baleno-willy manage itself in that side angle on 3 wheel!!! Scary.

EDIT
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...y-dsc_6152.jpg

Gurus - Please clarify if this was a safe angle given that (1) You are going against gravity (2) The 'against' sided wheel is in the Air. Nothing against the driver, but was this controlable or would a novice like me would have ended up upside down?

definitely not. he went over a slipping loose slab and to control backward roll he swavered the wheels. That is why the wheel lift. but he corrected the steering in time
Old 4th November 2009, 13:56   #81
BHPian

This was my second OTR at pearl valley. Even though pearl valley isnt one of my fav trails and it is very short ( only 2 real obstacles - the first climb/slush and the second climb on the rocky/boulder section) it still poses its challenges.

Last time, the first climb/slush was a breeze , but this time round the gypsy got stuck, it was a screw up , i think my line wasnt right as the area was covered with a lot of grass this time (only until ofcourse 4-5 vehicles crossed it) and i guess i didnt rev up enough.

All the first timers did a great job!

Was good to see Dwarak's gypsy do some towing duties.

I really liked nanjappa's blue spidy , wish i had one like that, you can so thrash it around without a care in the world.

Vinay did a good job of getting the jeep over the "double hump"

@mjothi: please dont tag along with star aqua next time. ( you know why)

@star aqua : wish it was your jeep which got all the slush sprayed on it.

@swastik: viji junior is havoc!

@shakir: please thank sallu for the pics.

@happy wheels : good call on not bringing your vehicle new on the trail.
: bad call on leaving it there and still getting it scratched.

Nitin and i went in search of a new trail and came back with a broken transfer case mounting. the gypsy got beached on a huge rock with everything resting on the tranfer case. finally got the rock to buge a bit and made it back.

The lunch / dinner after the otr was fun. Also a special mention abt the gentleman with the long hair for not only demostrating his bottle opening skills but also for making sure that there were enough bottles to open.

Last edited by siddartha : 4th November 2009 at 14:14.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:15   #82
Senior - BHPian

Siddu, well researched report! which trail was it you got t-case mount broken?
Old 4th November 2009, 15:25   #83
BHPian

Hi Shakir
excellent picture, our sallu is a great photographer really, don't leave him to catch the flight at least until Rajesh is back in action.

Siddu after doing Munzrabad and Somavarpet trials every thing looks ordinary..
Old 4th November 2009, 15:45   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
i guess i didnt rev up enough.
See, I told you. Your speed record was broken by Prithvi.

Quote:
@mjothi: please dont tag along with star aqua next time. ( you know why)
Yes. I know, he cant get the fuel properly. I only meant the fuel issue with his tractor

Quote:
Nitin and i went in search of a new trail and came back with a broken transfer case mounting. the gypsy got beached on a huge rock with everything resting on the tranfer case. finally got the rock to buge a bit and made it back

Oh, was not aware of this. Sad to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Siddu after doing Munzrabad and Somavarpet trials every thing looks ordinary..
Rightly said. When is the next event there. Lol.

Last edited by mjothi : 4th November 2009 at 15:48.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:56   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

Sandeep experienced the first mud-bath from you during the Sarjapur OTR.
happywheels,in sarjapur there were no slushy trails i remeber,anyways happy that i could help sandeep.

this OTR made so organaised basically bcoz of the efforts putin by dwarak as usual,many team mates especially ppl like nithin as always a very good spotter with tremendous experince in hand gives confidence to ppl like me and Vinay,i lost the name of one very nice chap who putin max efforts in recorvry at the sluch site,(i think he came in the jeep which did the final mud bath)sorry as i met him for the first time.)

Raj
Old 4th November 2009, 16:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

While everyone was climbing down the rocks, vijay wanted to try something what the blue spidey did. He wanted to land on the pot of water below the rocks. The high ground clearance of Gypsy helped it a lot for making it.

But when vijay took his 540, he got royally hit by a huge rock at the bottom. Infact, he even attempted to smuggle that rock. But unfortunately, it made his steering wheel rod bend.

Anyone has the pic of that?

Then the bottom of the jeep, the exhaust pipe + the horizontal bar below, got stuck due to the rock. Finally, the rock was removed by human power to make way for the Jeep.

Should appreciate his enthu in doing all these

The next big hurdle was the climbing where you had lots of rocks. it was a magnified version of Bangy roads.

It was here vijay's gypsy got entirely into trouble. Was hitting the diff on the rocks, trying several back and front, and finally fried the choke. We also noticed some oil leaking. So, finally decided to tow him.

One more jeep was about to topple here. Who was that? Is that the willys?

He was scared on that situation. And finally Vinay came to rescue. He got in the driver seat and backed it up.

Our Tanzim really took this hurdle very well. He took a different angle to cross that huge rock and that was really a lesson learned for couple of jeepers who were standing there.

And our famous newbie - Archit's Gypsy, just went on this following the same path. I am sure he will agree with me about the above points from Tanzim's approach angle.
Old 4th November 2009, 17:07   #87
BHPian

Quote:
a special mention abt the gentleman with the long hair for not only demostrating his bottle opening skills but also for making sure that there were enough bottles to open.
Yeah!! I too learnt something new. didn't knew that i had a bottle opener in my hand all these days. now am looking for bottles.. just for opening it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
While everyone was climbing down the rocks, vijay wanted to try something what the blue spidey did. He wanted to land on the pot of water below the rocks. The high ground clearance of Gypsy helped it a lot for making it.

But when vijay took his 540, he got royally hit by a huge rock at the bottom. Infact, he even attempted to smuggle that rock. But unfortunately, it made his steering wheel rod bend.

Anyone has the pic of that?

Then the bottom of the jeep, the exhaust pipe + the horizontal bar below, got stuck due to the rock. Finally, the rock was removed by human power to make way for the Jeep.
Uncle, i had done it before in my tractor. tractor did it very well with ease. that time there was no water in the pit. this time full of water, and it was a blind step into the pit.
After moving that rock, now my steering wheel came to correct position.
Old 4th November 2009, 17:48   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Yeah!! I too learnt something new. didn't knew that i had a bottle opener in my hand all these days. now am looking for bottles.. just for opening it

why dont we open some bottles together, we can invite mjothi uncle, dwarak uncle, swastik uncle and other uncles.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th November 2009 at 18:06. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 4th November 2009, 18:05   #89
BHPian

[quote=siddartha;1565559]
Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post

why dont we open some bottles together, we can invite mjothi uncle, dwarak uncle, swastik uncle and other uncles.
Waiting for the invitation,
Old 4th November 2009, 20:35   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All uncles are waiting for the bottle opening ceremony. Place, time and date please. I will bring leatherman in case bottle doesn't open the bottle.

Most Viewed