Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
check point 4.1.5 of entrant's obligations
Thanks i missed it...make it bold as most may
Old 6th November 2009, 12:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy View Post
HI arka,
Those who want to arrange separate food/lodging can go head, in that case the reg fee will be 1500/- person and Rs 500/- for the vehicle. But since we have arranged a get together - dinner party the day before i.e. on Saturday, it will be nice if everyone is in one place, also it be easier for us to organise the event better.
Dear Sam,

Are we entering from Topstation to kodai road in which a forest check post comes soon after the down turn from topsation and left turn is to kanthaloor route.in that case we can stay in town or nearby mattupetty somewhere?is that possible.?sorry i did this route in 95 in bike to kodai and once again visited in 97 to topstation(SN hotel was our ultimate those days).No idea wats happend later.If acco can be arrenged in these area with close proxi ,it would be nice for the families joing with us.

Raj
Old 6th November 2009, 13:12   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam, A question w.r.t the distance that we might be able to cover on Sunday (the day of the OTR)

I am assuming that the OTR will be ONLY on Sunday. From last years experience, if we have to go far into the trail then 1 day is a bit less. Are we planning to camp on the trail on Sunday night or do we plan to return back on the trail itself in night? (and not through kodai road)
Old 6th November 2009, 23:12   #49
BHPian

Quote:

HI arka,
Those who want to arrange separate food/lodging can go head, in that case the reg fee will be 1500/- person and Rs 500/- for the vehicle. But since we have arranged a get together - dinner party the day before i.e. on Saturday, it will be nice if everyone is in one place, also it be easier for us to organise the event better.

If food and lodging are taken care of by the participants itself. What is the point in paying 1500 per person?!! Rs 500 for the vehicle is understandable but i really dont get the point of paying 1500 when they are on their own!
Old 6th November 2009, 23:42   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
From last years experience, if we have to go far into the trail then 1 day is a bit less. Are we planning to camp on the trail on Sunday night or do we plan to return back on the trail itself in night? (and not through kodai road)
It was this year, and this time you should try the long route back that me and shakir took.
Old 7th November 2009, 11:48   #51
BHPian

i guess zam sir!! 2500sound better compared to the registration, fee is so high... can u please let us know about the details!!why paying 1500 when they are on their own!
Old 7th November 2009, 11:50   #52
BHPian

Hi vinod, yes drunken driving is not permitted at all, and i guess its mentioned in the rules, i will check the same.. yes we are gearing up to give u guys the best off roading ever .. waiting to see all chennai jeepers here in Gods own country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharakan9 View Post
If food and lodging are taken care of by the participants itself. What is the point in paying 1500 per person?!! Rs 500 for the vehicle is understandable but i really dont get the point of paying 1500 when they are on their own!
Dear Tharakan,
Looks like u guys havent participated in any Good OTR counducted profestionaly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Sam, A question w.r.t the distance that we might be able to cover on Sunday (the day of the OTR)

I am assuming that the OTR will be ONLY on Sunday. From last years experience, if we have to go far into the trail then 1 day is a bit less. Are we planning to camp on the trail on Sunday night or do we plan to return back on the trail itself in night? (and not through kodai road)

Dear Khan, this time the best part is that "Camp Noel" is situated just 300 mtr from where we start the OTR....., Infact from your bed room u need a 4x4 to move any further . Last time we started off very late, also lot of comunication gap, and partcipants staying at different places etc, also so many went back to munnar to fill gas before the start.Hence this time we will be more organised.

Every one should make it sure that there is minimum half tank fuel for the otr. And Fuel is available only in Munnar town.

We wont be going to kodai, will return back to Camp Noel, around 6 Pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajachu View Post
Dear Sam,

Are we entering from Topstation to kodai road in which a forest check post comes soon after the down turn from topsation and left turn is to kanthaloor route.in that case we can stay in town or nearby mattupetty somewhere?is that possible.?sorry i did this route in 95 in bike to kodai and once again visited in 97 to topstation(SN hotel was our ultimate those days).No idea wats happend later.If acco can be arrenged in these area with close proxi ,it would be nice for the families joing with us.

Raj
Dear Raj,
Camp Noel - is just 300 mtr from where the trail starts, and nothing is closer and infact good for Family to stay. Hence i sujjest its better if u make the stay @ Camp Noel. Also pl let me know as soon as possible if u want acco @ camp noel, as max 60 is the capacity, allready 18 reg for the Accomodation ...

Last edited by bblost : 9th November 2009 at 12:02. Reason: back 2 back posts, please use multi quote instead.
Old 7th November 2009, 18:09   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Tharakan,
Looks like u guys havent participated in any Good OTR counducted profestionaly...

Sam,

I dont think you have understood my question. My question was what is that you are going to provide when you charge 1500/person, if not food and acomodation. A good OTR has got a lot to do with number of vehicles but you are talking of number of heads! I just dont get it.
Old 9th November 2009, 11:28   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharakan9 View Post
Sam,

I dont think you have understood my question. My question was what is that you are going to provide when you charge 1500/person, if not food and acomodation. A good OTR has got a lot to do with number of vehicles but you are talking of number of heads! I just dont get it.
Dear Tharakan,
I understood ur query, Loud & Clear. Organising a good otr, there is hell lot of Work, Time, Forest Sanctions, & money involved, hence this cost, why don’t u participate and find out for your self.
We initially wanted only those participants who are ready to register for 2500 i.e.. inclusive of stay, food, and a fabulous O.T.R....easier for us to organise.

Since some of the participants wanted to arrange the "Stay" and "Food" by them selves, we made the second option of 1500/-per head. We have already got 35 registrations till date . And we have put this amount basically to get a good crowd!!!

Last edited by Eddy : 9th November 2009 at 11:38.
Old 9th November 2009, 14:25   #55
BHPian

Thank you Sam.

I wanted to know about these things as i have to talk to a number of people about the same. I really appreciate what you and your team are doing. Hats off to you.
Old 10th November 2009, 18:23   #56
BHPian

Hi Sam, Hope you are doing good. I shall be joining in with the rest of the team from Bangalore. Shall get the registration form done up seperately.

Thanks for organizing this..
Old 11th November 2009, 11:37   #57
BHPian

Hi rajesh, nice to hear from u, Pl tell your friends to confirm and register before 25th november.
Old 13th November 2009, 14:06   #58
BHPian

Dude, I will be there with my friend on a safari... Will ask him to register as he is already in Kerala

thanks for Organizing this

Shyam
Old 14th November 2009, 16:15   #59

Registrations

Guys plz do register before 25th of Nov, dates are already getting close, we would have only a very less time to input our best for you guys. we want this event to last every year. So plz do your best from your side at the earliest.
Regards Sam's Bro- Kurian Kurian
Old 20th November 2009, 12:00   #60
BHPian

R&T Extreme 4x4 - Munar - Dec 12th - 13th

Dear Friends,
Pl note the last date for registration with Accomodation closes on 25th november 09. Hence all those of you want accomodation kindly confirm and register as soon as possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks