Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 21:06   #16
Sha
BHPian

It's tempting but I had to miss this time.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:21   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hello Everybody,
One simple question, can a total newbie to offroading participate in this event? Or, does the name of the event already answer my question?
You can take part. Don't worry about anything else. If you want to take part, go ahead and do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Damn.!!! this turbo install is complicated stuff. takes a hell lot of time :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
What Turbo, you have not mentioned it any where, where is the thread?
Quote:
@Khan: Turbo!! , uh? I am actually out of words. That will take spidey to a whole new level. Awesome!
Oh man, where did I say that I am installing a Turbo in my Gypsy?

I was installing this Turbo Manager for MySQL databse management and it was taking a hell lot of time for install and was asking for too many questions during the install . That's it.!!!
Old 4th November 2009, 21:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was installing this Turbo Manager for MySQL databse management and it was taking a hell lot of time for install and was asking for too many questions during the install . That's it.!!!
You had many of us on our toes with that one word.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
You can take part. Don't worry about anything else. If you want to take part, go ahead and do so.

Oh no i am exited that ur installing a turbo always thinks about your gypsy than your laptop.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:55   #20
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everybody,
One simple question, can a total newbie to offroading participate in this event? Or, does the name of the event already answer my question?
It was my first full fledged OTR in my new Gypsy, Gypsy will love this terrain I did 2 times do not miss just because your gypsy is new. So buddy participate you will enjoy it and there is no newbie funda you can do it.
Old 4th November 2009, 22:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everybody,
@Khan: Turbo!! , uh? I am actually out of words. That will take spidey to a whole new level. Awesome!
Cheers,
Deepak
Hi Deepak if your already done your running in of your gypsy you may join.
Old 4th November 2009, 22:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
It was my first full fledged OTR in my new Gypsy, Gypsy will love this terrain I did 2 times do not miss just because your gypsy is new. So buddy participate you will enjoy it and there is no newbie funda you can do it.
Thank you very much Shakir. I will mostly join everybody in this OTR.
I already have butterflies in the stomach
Yes Vijay Sir, i finished 1000 kms. As Shakir mentioned, met Lokesh and Rajesh at Suraksha and got my first service done. So, basically all set
OT: @Shakir: Rajesh suggested me to get some underbody anti rust coating done, just like you. So, i got that done as well.
Cheers,
Deepak

Last edited by starter : 4th November 2009 at 22:11.
Old 4th November 2009, 22:26   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What a GEEK!!!
Old 4th November 2009, 22:29   #24
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
OT: @Shakir: Rajesh suggested me to get some underbody anti rust coating done, just like you. So, i got that done as well.
Cheers,
Deepak
Which one higher or lower cost.
Old 4th November 2009, 22:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What a GEEK!!!
+1 to that RedLiner. I almost fell off my chair when Shahnawaz explained me which turbo he was referring to. I thought he was off to make his spidey climb rocks with just the rear wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Which one higher or lower cost.
Shakir, Rajesh was taking care of the Gypsy like as if it is his own vehicle. Really, a very nice person. I paid 4.7K just for the coating. I do not know if this is the higher or lower cost one.
Old 4th November 2009, 22:42   #26
BHPian

TEAM 4X4 EXTREME from Trivandrum would love to take part in the event. The event just took us by supprise. Most of our steeds are undergoing various modifications and repairs (this happens when you do 3 to 4 OTR's in a row)!
Old 5th November 2009, 08:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that RedLiner. I almost fell off my chair when Shahnawaz explained me which turbo he was referring to. I thought he was off to make his spidey climb rocks with just the rear wheels

Shakir, Rajesh was taking care of the Gypsy like as if it is his own vehicle. Really, a very nice person. I paid 4.7K just for the coating. I do not know if this is the higher or lower cost one.
4.7 k for a clear coat is reasonable. I just got a clear coat on my hard top gypsy for 4.5k
Old 5th November 2009, 09:22   #28
BHPian

Count me in guys. Where is the registration form to be filled.

The turbo bit was hilarious Khan saab.
Old 5th November 2009, 10:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
Count me in guys. Where is the registration form to be filled.
Call are Mail Mr Sam He will arrange it,
Old 5th November 2009, 11:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Registration & Scrutiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi Friends this the mail i got from organizers, last time when we participated in this event its really challenging. i am attaching the mail for all who interested in this event.

Welcome to R&T Extreme 4X4 – an OTR event for jeepers . This non competitive event is scheduled to take place on Sunday, the 13th of December, ’09 at Vattavada, Munnar. R&T thanks all the jeepers who joined the previous OTR at Munnar. The appreciations and the excellent feedback received from Jeepers who experienced the adventure, inspired us to organize the next 4X4 off roading event, the R&T Extreme 4X4.

Picturesque Munnar with its rocky terrain makes it the perfect place for an OTR. The wild and untamed roads with Munnar’s quintessential beauty make this expedition a mind blowing experience. Enjoy the cool refreshing air of the Munnar hill station against you, as you and your vehicle embark upon a journey testing your off the road driving skills and your machine’s capabilities.

Registration is open strictly for 4X4 vehicles only. All vehicles should be in perfect condition. Your machines will be scrutinized before flag off. A bar-b-q party with music and campfire is also organized to make the event even more fun-filled. Participants who require accommodation are requested to inform us about their preference (tents or cottages).

Last date for registration is November the 15th. Please fill the registration form to confirm your participation. Do not miss this opportunity to exploit the adventurous venue and to interact with other like minded people. Fill your fuel tanks up till the brim and start wheeling high up the mountain. Feel free to inform your 4x4 jeep buddies about the event. We welcome your valuable comments and suggestions to make this event as tailor-made as possible.
Hi Sam,

Congratulations for taking the initiative for an organized OTR in Munnar.

The Chennai JEEPers are very interested in the event.

A few questions.

1) Registration Details and Fees?
2) Scrutiny - What are the criteria for scrutiny?

Regards,

Arka

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks