Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 12:59   #31
BHPian

Hi Sam,
count me in too

Raj

sam,is there any possibilty of making this in the next sunday ie 20th as in bglre the kids exams are getting over only by 18th,so as we can take family along

Raj

Last edited by Eddy : 5th November 2009 at 13:47. Reason: Please avoid posting multiple back to back posts. Use the edit option if posting within 20 min. Thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 19:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hello Everybody,
Sam just sent me the registration form and some details about the event.
I am uploading it here for everybody's benefit. (Removed it since Vijay has uploaded it too )
@Bangalore Gang: Could you please keep me in the loop too, when you all are planning/registering for the event? Thanks a ton!
Cheers Everybody.
Deepak

Last edited by starter : 5th November 2009 at 19:43.
Old 5th November 2009, 19:38   #33
BHPian

Entry Form And event details,

Hi all attaching Entry form and event details for reference,
Attached Files
File Type: doc R&T Entry Form.doc (378.5 KB, 422 views)
File Type: doc R&T Event Details.doc (1.21 MB, 616 views)
Old 5th November 2009, 19:42   #34
BHPian

Hi raj, since its december its peak season close to christmas and hence there is no chance for getting accomodation. That's the only reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajachu View Post
Hi Sam,
count me in too

Raj

sam,is there any possibilty of making this in the next sunday ie 20th as in bglre the kids exams are getting over only by 18th,so as we can take family along

Raj
Old 5th November 2009, 19:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Started,

This will be a great event for you with your new possessed love. I reckon you will be way past the run-in period and just raring to go!

It would be great to be at least able to be a spectator to this event; lets see how things shape up.
Old 5th November 2009, 20:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Started,

This will be a great event for you with your new possessed love. I reckon you will be way past the run-in period and just raring to go!

It would be great to be at least able to be a spectator to this event; lets see how things shape up.
Dear Suresh,
Nice to hear from you.
I had followed every thread on this event that happened last year (Sharath, Shakir....). Seeing the pictures of the terrain and me being a total newbie with this one being my first OTR, i am in two minds. Sensible part of my mind tells me to attend some soft OTR events and learn more about off roading and pick up some skills from all the experts here and then attend these kind of events. So, i am still thinking.
In any case, i would atleast love to be with our offroad gang and be a spectator of the event. So, let me know about your plans once you decide. If i also decide to not register, we might go as the cheering group for our Bangalore Team
Cheers,
Deepak

PS: As a couple of members like Raj and Vijay have already mentioned, its going to be tight at office since this would be close to Christmas week.
Old 5th November 2009, 20:22   #37
BHPian

I have gone thru the forms. It's too early for me to decide about my Co-Driver. Adding to that, My jeep is still not transferred to my name (I have the documents and sales letter). And how you will "Physically" inspect the documents before the closure of the registration, considering the fact that i am from Bangalore? Please clarify.

Thanks
--Sree--

Last edited by sreerajunnithan : 5th November 2009 at 20:23.
Old 5th November 2009, 21:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Looks like this one is a a nice long Off road trail.

Could someone specify what vehicle scrutiny is involved ? Other than 4x4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Oh man, where did I say that I am installing a Turbo in my Gypsy?

I was installing this Turbo Manager for MySQL databse management and it was taking a hell lot of time for install and was asking for too many questions during the install . That's it.!!!
OT - Somehow I dont buy this !
Old 5th November 2009, 21:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
... In any case, i would atleast love to be with our offroad gang and be a spectator of the event. So, let me know about your plans once you decide. If i also decide to not register, we might go as the cheering group for our Bangalore Team ...
+1 to that, Deepak! Let see. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
... OT - Somehow I dont buy this !
Ah! Finally someone who has the same thought as I have.

Me feel that something is cooking, and it is not from the kitchen!
Old 5th November 2009, 23:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
OT - Somehow I dont buy this !
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Me feel that something is cooking, and it is not from the kitchen!
Me Too!!! Having know K_S, it could be something like the whole SQL thingy was a Hoax!!! But i just kept it my mind instead of posting, now i have company :-)

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 6th November 2009, 10:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Entry Form and Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi all attaching Entry form and event details for reference,
Hi Sam,

1) What about members who do not wish to stay at "CAMP NOEL", and want to make separate food/lodging arrangements.
What is the entry/registration fee for and individual or Team Entry (Vehicle/Driver/Navigator)?

2) What services will be provided by the organization team since they are charging Rs2500 per person and Rs500 per vehicle.

3) What is the criteria for scrutiny?

Regards,

Arka
Old 6th November 2009, 11:26   #42
BHPian

Hi arka,
The registration & Fee details are allready posted in this, Scrutiny :- the vehicle has to be 4x4... and it should work , other than this the 3rd party insurance, Valid driving license etc,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
I have gone thru the forms. It's too early for me to decide about my Co-Driver. Adding to that, My jeep is still not transferred to my name (I have the documents and sales letter). And how you will "Physically" inspect the documents before the closure of the registration, considering the fact that i am from Bangalore? Please clarify.

Thanks
--Sree--
Hi Sree, the name of your co driver is not important at the moment, if you are sure somebody will be there with you. just let us know in advance as the acco booking has to be done before 25th november. The documents and sale letter will do, The vehicle should have atleat a valid 3rd party cover plus, the road tax. If all this is clear there should not be any problem.

HI arka,
Those who want to arrange separate food/lodging can go head, in that case the reg fee will be 1500/- person and Rs 500/- for the vehicle. But since we have arranged a get together - dinner party the day before i.e. on Saturday, it will be nice if everyone is in one place, also it be easier for us to organise the event better.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th November 2009 at 13:09. Reason: One logical post
Old 6th November 2009, 12:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi sam,
Its nice to see you here in team bhp and i commend your initiative to organise the fun 4x4 event on national basis. Iam excited about this event. Will confirm in few days discussing it with Chennai jeepers. More numbers the better as 700+ kms is not fun if i drive alone one side:-)))

I went through the rules and regulations and there is one express omission on drunken driving. I suggest you to include that in bold to avoid accidents. Rest all seem to be ok.

Looking forward to drive it to gods own country:-)))

Cheers

Vinod
Old 6th November 2009, 12:25   #44
BHPian

Whooosssh !

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Damn.!!! this turbo install is complicated stuff. takes a hell lot of time :-)
What turbo install !! I pray thee kind sir to enlighten us lesser mortals of the next serious MOD on the SPYDER !!

Ohh Crap ,..just read it is something for your computer,..you really had me excieted on this one.
But Khan think about it why not !?!???

Last edited by Torque-ative : 6th November 2009 at 12:27. Reason: added more info.
Old 6th November 2009, 12:26   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hi sam,
Its nice to see you here in team bhp and i commend your initiative to organise the fun 4x4 event on national basis. Iam excited about this event. Will confirm in few days discussing it with Chennai jeepers. More numbers the better as 700+ kms is not fun if i drive alone one side:-)))

I went through the rules and regulations and there is one express omission on drunken driving. I suggest you to include that in bold to avoid accidents. Rest all seem to be ok.

Looking forward to drive it to gods own country:-)))

Cheers

Vinod

check point 4.1.5 of entrant's obligations

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks