Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 10:04   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepgnair View Post
Its time to explore the new track. Lets hitch up our seat belts and head out! Calling all 4-Wheelers for our trip on 22nd Jan 2010. As mentioned above, this will be a recce trip offering the best offroad experience and a starter for the June - July extreme trip.

We have fixed on the Aluva - Munnar Road (Old Munnar road) + Munnar - Kodai route. Lot of people have done this Old Munnar Road, but let's do it our way and make it special as our team.

Starting from Trivandrum on early morning Friday 22nd, we cover the Old Munnar road and halt at Munnar on Day 1. Campfire + lodging + Food will be arranged at a reasonable rate/ head. Day 2 will be for extreme offroading through Munnar - Vattada - Kodai route (tentative) and Day 3 (24 Jan) - Heading back home. Registration + food + lodging + Campfire charges will be updated later but affordable for anyone. Get ready with your 4-wheeler - what ever, where ever you are, join us with your vehicle. Maximum 4 people allowed per vehicle.

Just have a look at the below links for some idea - Old Munnar Route
from our T-Bhp.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...nar-route.html

Munnar - Kodai - not exaclty shown but gives some idea on the route.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ugher-cut.html

Keep an eye on the thread. You can find more details coming in. Be part of it and make it a big success!
Way to go Guys . BTW, please inquire about the road to "Surya Nelli" yeah it's a known place ;-) it used to be a beaten up path some times back. Only 4X4 Jeeps used to go there.

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 15th December 2009, 18:56   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Can I take a 2WD mm540 , can I take 4WD endavour ?
foby ! dude! i happen to know from Manzoor bhai that the bridge in the old Munnar route is in a bad condition now, i am afraid that an Endavour would be too heavy for that!!you know Vattavada route is one of the toughest terrain in kerela, as the feed from Manzoor Bhai`s Team only vehicles with 4x4 can make it ,even i am afraid to do it with my 410W gypsy even though its 4x4,so dude better try to get a 4x4 vehicle which is not too heavy ,but you are always welcome to our trail foby.There are 6 vehicles from our team confirmed until now.Includes 2 Gypsy Kings ,1 Gypsy 410,2 Willys & 1 Marshal,will let you know about the details later in this thread,hope you will join us.

regards

MI.KI!!

Last edited by Miki : 15th December 2009 at 19:08.
Old 15th December 2009, 18:59   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Way to go Guys . BTW, please inquire about the road to "Surya Nelli" yeah it's a known place ;-) it used to be a beaten up path some times back. Only 4X4 Jeeps used to go there.

Thanks
--Sree--
Thanx for your Feedback Sreeraj sir! will definetly try to do a Trail in Suryanelli,if we get time

regards MI...KI!!
Old 15th December 2009, 20:30   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki View Post
foby ! dude! i happen to know from Manzoor bhai that the bridge in the old Munnar route is in a bad condition now, i am afraid that an Endavour would be too heavy for that!!you know Vattavada route is one of the toughest terrain in kerela, as the feed from Manzoor Bhai`s Team only vehicles with 4x4 can make it ,even i am afraid to do it with my 410W gypsy even though its 4x4,so dude better try to get a 4x4 vehicle which is not too heavy ,but you are always welcome to our trail foby.There are 6 vehicles from our team confirmed until now.Includes 2 Gypsy Kings ,1 Gypsy 410,2 Willys & 1 Marshal,will let you know about the details later in this thread,hope you will join us.

regards

MI.KI!!
Miki.. my 'Land Marshal' got the same weight as an 'Endavour' ( around 2000 kg ) so let Mr.Fobi come with his Endavour, we will find alternative route if needed.

cheers
Milan
Old 15th December 2009, 23:52   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milantbhp View Post
Miki.. my 'Land Marshal' got the same weight as an 'Endavour' ( around 2000 kg ) so let Mr.Fobi come with his Endavour, we will find alternative route if needed.

cheers
Milan
OHH my Gawd!! finally sum thing from our Recovery Man!! hey Foby cool man you got company!! so lets give it a try,may be will find alternative routes as said by Our Recovery Man!!. i was just taking care of your safety man {Foby}
cheers!

MI...KI!!
Old 16th December 2009, 00:02   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki View Post
OHH my Gawd!! finally sum thing from our Recovery Man!! hey Foby cool man you got company!! so lets give it a try,may be will find alternative routes as said by Our Recovery Man!!. i was just taking care of your safety man {Foby}
cheers!

MI...KI!!
Thank you mate !!!

Go get ready to climb the terrain.

@ days before Mr. Kurian of R and T have organized a OTR through the same route , any info about that ?
Old 16th December 2009, 20:21   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Can I take a 2WD mm540 , can I take 4WD endavour ?
Hi dude,

Thanks for your interest.

Yes, you can defenitely take part with your 4WD Endavour.

Cheers!!
Old 17th December 2009, 12:20   #83
BHPian

MY trivandrum brothers,
Good 4X4's, Good location, Good spirit. Keep it up.
Old 17th December 2009, 13:22   #84
BHPian

We can also drive through the beach side on our way tilll Aluva.
Old 17th December 2009, 13:34   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you mate !!!

Go get ready to climb the terrain.

@ days before Mr. Kurian of R and T have organized a OTR through the same route , any info about that ?

Hi guys its nice to know that you guys are organising wattawada - kodai trip, This terrain was first explored by me on my land cruser along with Jayesh, and Satish. pl note you have to get prior sanctions from the forest deparment if you guys are planning to cross the tamilnadu boarder. anyways all the best to Trivandrum Jeepers

P.S :- you can check out the snaps of our last trip on Team Bhp - R&T Extreme 4x4

Sam Kurian
R&T Auto Catalyst
Kottayam

The Gaul Village Jeeping Club
Old 17th December 2009, 13:54   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepgnair View Post
Hi dude,

Thanks for your interest.

Yes, you can defenitely take part with your 4WD Endavour.

Cheers!!

Ford Endavour will not cover this terrain, my advice is not to bring it .
Old 17th December 2009, 21:21   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy View Post
Ford Endavour will not cover this terrain, my advice is not to bring it .
Thanks brother.

@foby - please note Sam's input here. Don't think more when we have an expert advice. Could you please try for a 4WD jeep/ gypsy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy View Post
Hi guys its nice to know that you guys are organising wattawada - kodai trip, This terrain was first explored by me on my land cruser along with Jayesh, and Satish. pl note you have to get prior sanctions from the forest deparment if you guys are planning to cross the tamilnadu boarder. anyways all the best to Trivandrum Jeepers

P.S :- you can check out the snaps of our last trip on Team Bhp - R&T Extreme 4x4

Sam Kurian
R&T Auto Catalyst
Kottayam

The Gaul Village Jeeping Club

Yeah, Just saw the snaps in bhp. Great trip! Nice terrain too. Some of us were really interested to come when we got your mail that day. But could not make it as we had some other issues. Hope to see you next time.

Prior Sanctions - yes, that's in our discussions. We are checking that.

Last edited by v12 : 17th December 2009 at 21:38.
Old 22nd December 2009, 04:15   #88
BHPian

Lets gear up for the WILD OTR!!

As promised earlier, here are the

Details of the trip:-

We will be starting at 3am on 22nd Jan 2010. Starting point is Kowdiar Park - Trivandrum and the trail ends at Allens Cottage - Munnar.

The event is mailny focused on the first two days.

Day 1 - Trivandrum - Cochin - (forest route starts here) - Munnar
Day 2 - Munnar - Vattavada - Kodai

Day 3 - Back to Trivandrum

4 people are allowed/ vehicle. People who don't have 4X4 vehicles, but still interested to join, please confirm at the earliest - We have some seats reserved for you!!

For your convenience, we have made the trip in a way that - 'If you are on the way to Munnar (anywhere on our route), you don't need to drive down to Trivandrum. You can join at your place. Your vehicle will be thoroghly inspected before the start and will not be allowed if found not fit for the trip.

The Route

Day 1 - Trivandrum - Quilon - Alleppey - Cochin - Kothamangalam - Thattekkad - Puyankutty - Mamalakandam - Avorkutty - Kurathikudy - Perumbankuth - Viripara - 50th Mile - Munnar

This is the road built by the British and there is one iron bridge built by them still in use. Route is really scenic and beautiful. There is also a very beautiful waterfalls called 'Perumbankuth'. There are two/ three river crossing, log bridges etc. You will require a good 4X4 vehicle like mahindra Major/ Old Willy jeep, MM540, Maruti Gypsy or Gurkha. This route is not for scorpio 4X4 or any 4X4 SUV's. This road runs parallel to NH-49 to reach Munnar at Lachmi Estate. However, there are roads at few places that connect this old Aluva - Munnar road to NH-49.

Day 2 - Munnar - Top Station - Vattavada - Poondi - Kodai route.

Food and Accomodation :- is arranged at Allens Forest Cottage Munnar.

Allens Forest Resorts & Cottages - Home

It is one of the best forest cottages in Munnar. Lets jell with nature and make this a wonderful experience. We purposefully selected this forest cottage to make it different from the usual OTR's we have.

Total cost/ head is 3500 (3 days - Includes food + liquor + accomodation + lite refreshments on these days).

Please confirm your participation by registering before Jan 10th 2010. Registration closes on Jan 10th. We are forced to keep an early closing date as its hard to find forest cottages at that time. Dec - Jan is the tourist season in Munnar. So, we need prior booking.

Please call up any of the below numbers for the registration and more details.

Abraham Tharakan - 9995110132
Sandeep - 9745737157
Mithun - 9656771989

Points to remember:

Please make sure your 4WD is in working condition. Vehicle must have all the documents updated like a valid RC book, insurance, tax, cess etc.

It must be healthy enough for a rough OTR - Remember, you are at your own risk. So, its your responsibility to make sure that you and your team is taken care of in your vehicle.

Check your vehicle thoroughly - A complete mechanical/ electrical check-up before the trip. All lights should be working and you should have good powerful fog lamps in working condition.

Make sure you have these,

1) First Aid Kit
2) Basic Personal Essentials (water, lite refreshments will be provided)
3) Spare Tyre
4) Jack and lever for tyre change
5) Tow rope
6) Basic Tool Kit
7) Additional can for petrol/ diesel. You should carry one with fuel filled in it.

We have our mechanics for the emergency repairs at spot.

Extra things:

Winter Clothes (Dec, Jan - Its too cold in Munnar. So its good to have some winter clothes apart from the 3 day stuffs you have.

Other items (general) - Camera (Digital - with extra batteries if possible), Towel, A knifeof some sort, Lighter, Binocular, Hat, Water.

We will keep you updated with any changes/ Additions.

Please register and confirm your seat at the earliest.

Team 4X4 Xtreme
Where the pavement ends..the Madness begins
Attached Thumbnails
Team 4x4 Extreme - Kerala-allenscottages.jpg  

Team 4x4 Extreme - Kerala-allenscottages1_main4.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2009, 04:26   #89
Senior - BHPian

Where should the people coming from Northern Kerala joins the gang ?

Is there a meeting point decided ?
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:43   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Where should the people coming from Northern Kerala joins the gang ?

Is there a meeting point decided ?

The actual meeting point is Trivandrum but we can consider people joining on the way.

When you say northern Kerala, which place are u talking about?

Please call any of the organisers on phone for futher details and options

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks