Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 01:18   #106
BHPian

Yes please - I'd like to watch this episode online too...
Old 18th May 2010, 06:43   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladak.imran View Post
Yes please - I'd like to watch this episode online too...
online is the only way to watch it for me..
Old 18th May 2010, 07:56   #108
Senior - BHPian

allan, the gypsy looks hot and sounds even hotter

They were flashing the scores too fast - could not make up anything from those tables.

(ps: really liked the way the hostess picked the names of those who got eliminated - no fus, no drama - elimination was over in a jiffy - had gala time teasing wifi comparing this elimination with the drama filled elimination rounds of other reality shows she watch)
Old 18th May 2010, 10:32   #109
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm, I think I will disagree with the majority here. Till now the show is poorly done. Everything is shown hurriedly, and things which matter are shown just in glimpses. Useless banter is given more time. Even the host cannot get her pronunciation right. I mean its NAT GEO! Either speak in hindi, or atleast do not get the basic words like Tortoise wrong!
There is no enthusiasm, and everybody the channel got in(the experts etc.,) look bored. did the producers run out of money or something?
And for a SUV offroad driving show, I was very very amazed that your being in the show depended on something like swimming skills. the Deal breaker task should have been driving related!

finally regarding camerawork. Nat Geo is known for its camerawork, atleast in other shows. While watching the show, I saw cameramen perched at some odd angles, but there wasn't much footage shown from those angles. Did they forget to put the tape in?
Moreover, where are the body bolted cams. I was expecting every car to have 3-4 mounted cams for driver view, bumper view etc.,

I hope the show improves, because as of now, its pretty pedestrian and poorly made, something which would look good on India TV with the title "Panchion ka samna"
Old 18th May 2010, 11:43   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Till now the show is poorly done. Everything is shown hurriedly, and things which matter are shown just in glimpses. Useless banter is given more time. Even the host cannot get her pronunciation right...
Absolutely agree with you there. I thought they would start with showing the cars in detail with all the specs and mods done by each owner to their cars, etc. Even the rankings are shown very quickly. Thank god for Tatasky plus that i could rewind and pause to read them properly.

The editing job is amateurish if not worse.
If not for allan and gang, i would not watch anymore episodes.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:30   #111
BHPian

agree,
editing is horrible,
there are moments you can see the cameramen sitting behind vehicles, which one should not,
but my gypsy was looking nice,
the concept of the show was offroading coupled with adventures,
the tasks ahead are physically very demanding as you shall see, hence the wanted to eliminate those they thought were not too fit, and those who would get them enough trp's(my thoughts)
As a person who entered for the thrill of offroading you will normally see me very glum during other tasks.
and regarding energy levels, buddy with the stressful schedules we had, there was none left.
for a show fom natgeo. its dissapointing seeing the final editing, and the fact thats scores were flashed so fast was stupid, though i did not mind it for the first task where i came in last, im guessing its time constraints but yes im still complaining
Old 18th May 2010, 12:48   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Allan, you mean pitching the tent one??

I heard some rumors about your tent & the company, action, thunderstorms it had to face Will have a detailed briefing from you when we meet in the Alfa-Kilo OTR
Old 18th May 2010, 21:14   #113
BANNED

hey allan am just watching you on TV

Your 1.6 Gypsy looks superb

ALL THE BEST
Old 18th May 2010, 22:06   #114
BHPian

I guess the Team_bhp community should come togther to do a reality show based on ffroading and we can beat the amateurish Appol flight of hawkz.

But Allan, your Jeep rocks.

Ask them to show the vehicles a little bit more and the even the 4x4 line up isnt great apart from you gypsy. I couldnt see MM540 nor any classics. How can they have show without these ?
Old 19th May 2010, 00:23   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post

But Allan, your Jeep rocks.
Jeep? allan has the blue gypsy on the show !

I still dont know why there was a water obstacle course in an all-SUV off road show !
Old 19th May 2010, 00:27   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett_t16 View Post
Jeep? allan has the blue gypsy on the show !

I still dont know why there was a water obstacle course in an all-SUV off road show !
How else would they promote water sports at Lavasa?

Even the topiwala stiff ex army guy who scolded Allan for being at the bottom of the barrel in making tea was a paid placement
Old 19th May 2010, 11:20   #117
Senior - BHPian

Hey Allan and AC.Pritvi...

Yesterday evening (6ish) was the 1st time (lucky) I saw the 3rd and 4th stage. The stepney change and swimming/canoing stuff.

The stepney challenge looks straight out of TPC, albeit a joke!!! Whats with the swimming and canoing? My wife couldnt understand when I told her this was supposed to be a JT/TBHP kinda OTR jaunt... I was frankly embarrased by the end of the episode. Wife commented the JT/TBHP boyz plan their OTR better (I show her all the TBHP threads @ home).

Looks like this whole "series" is only a marketing push for the Apollo brand, Lavasa (tourism/anything else), and the NGC as a whole.

But -I will try to watch the next episode... even if it means bamboos' from wife!!!
Old 19th May 2010, 11:35   #118
Team-BHP Support

Marketing Push? Do not get me started. I mean which show is so blatant! "Now you please change your Apollo Hawks tires for this task. These brand new Apollo Hawkz tires are the best for this job, but they can also get a flat""
Its so in your face. I mean its Apollo Flight of the Hawkz. Do you want to explicitly advertise? If this does not improve, this show is doomed.
So much potential, so much they could have done, and yet they have come out with a show which actually gets boring and a pain to watch.
Old 19th May 2010, 16:13   #119
BHPian

IS this thing available on youtube? Someone, please post a linky!
Old 19th May 2010, 16:18   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
IS this thing available on Youtube? Someone, please post a linky!
There is a repeat today at 9PM.

I am not so troubled by this show. It is much better than the tear-jerking drama that happens in other reality shows.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks