Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 22:56   #76

Just saw the Episode. Nice Timepass I guess. makes me want to shoot myself for not going for the auditions when I was invited. Good Going Allan!!
Old 10th May 2010, 23:03   #77
Team-BHP Support

Just saw the episode, it was exactly the video in the link above plus ADs. The interview part was just plain silly. The physical test was pretty challenging, people who had never done any active physical sports really sucked at it. One lady who couldn't even climb the balance beam, blamed her pants.
Old 11th May 2010, 00:50   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear FE,
You could find the link to part 1 in my post #69!
@Avi: I am not sure if they would upload all segments. If they do, i shall definitely keep posting the links.
Cheers,
Deepak
Sorry man. I must have been on some trip.
Old 11th May 2010, 09:57   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Just saw the trailer for the Flight of the hawkz , could see a pajero doing a 90 degree turn with one wheel in the air.
Cant wait for tomorrow . 10 Pm.
The Pajero doing the turn with one wheel in the air was in Bangalore i think, it came from Cochin for the event, but he din't make it to the final 16. Not all what you see happened like that. All vehicles were asked to drive through the gate and then the camera man was not yet ready. So now some 30 odd SUV's had to Reverse atleast 300+ mts for that shot.
Prithvi
Old 11th May 2010, 10:03   #80
Senior - BHPian

Saw the online video. I found the guy " who didn't know driving " really irritating. Overall nice timepass. Btw can any participant tell us what was the written test that got everybody sweating?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Just saw the episode, it was exactly the video in the link above plus ADs. The interview part was just plain silly. The physical test was pretty challenging, people who had never done any active physical sports really sucked at it. One lady who couldn't even climb the balance beam, blamed her pants.
The Physical test was not that difficult. Basic physical test of the SSB. We do similar things here in GHAC (www.meetup.ghac.in ) every week .
Old 11th May 2010, 10:03   #81
BHPian

Quote:
The interview part was to check on communication skills. They tried playing Good Cop Bad Cop, pulling our legs, asking us to do silly things etc. They have recorded us for 8 + 4 audition days. Seeing it after editing is a surprise for us as well. The physical tasks we only the starters for what we had to endure during the entire series.
Prithvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Saw the online video. I found the guy " who didn't know driving " really irritating. Overall nice timepass. Btw can any participant tell us what was the written test that got everybody sweating?

The Physical test was not that difficult. Basic physical test of the SSB. We do similar things here in GHAC (www.meetup.ghac.in ) every week .
Most replies from respondents were suggested / requested by camera crew( they asked us to says its tough and stuff), some found it difficult, i found it easy got 16 right out of 20, it was a level one aptitude test.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th May 2010 at 10:21. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi (Quote +) instead, Thanks
Old 11th May 2010, 10:36   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
It is tough for people who don't exercise regularly. It would be cake walk for you since you do it every week. It would be easy for me since I am a martial artist. I was commenting from the POV of most people there who didn't look very fit. Most regular people are incapable of running 100 meter flat out without going out of breath, especially 25+ category.
Old 11th May 2010, 16:07   #83
BHPian

Quote:
It is tough for people who don't exercise regularly. It would be cake walk for you since you do it every week. It would be easy for me since I am a martial artist. I was commenting from the POV of most people there who didn't look very fit. Most regular people are incapable of running 100 meter flat out without going out of breath, especially 25+ category.
OT

Just curious Samurai-san, what Martial Art(s) do you practice? Besides Kendo of course

Also, what do you think of Kalarippayattu? Do you have any experience with it?
Old 11th May 2010, 16:14   #84
BHPian

Allan can`t wait to see you and your gypsy on this show. Actually i figured out u were on this show when i saw the alibaugh OTR pics. Your gypsy had the show stickers on the doors.

P.S.: Give us a insight abt what happens next on the show.
Old 11th May 2010, 16:18   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tell me about it. Today I can do 6 minutes on treadmill at 10kmph sustained with 1 degree incline.
when I started I used to pant after 1 minute at the same speed.
But the show seems to be poorly made with no coordination. Maybe they did not focus on auditions. Hopefully the actual show will be better.
Old 11th May 2010, 20:40   #86
BHPian

woah.
weird seeing myself on tv,
i look so nervous
not my cup of tea

agree that the editing was not the best, but im really looking forward to next monday,
thats when the fun starts,
a little hint.
Water, Treasure and a housewife????
Old 11th May 2010, 20:46   #87
BHPian

Is the housewife the treasure?! Hahaha!
Naughty Geographic!
Old 11th May 2010, 20:54   #88
BHPian

i wish imran
but trust me, if they have edited it well
the next episodes wil be kicka*@