Team-BHP - Apollo Flight of the Hawkz - Reality Show on National Geographic
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   Apollo Flight of the Hawkz - Reality Show on National Geographic (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/69453-apollo-flight-hawkz-reality-show-national-geographic.html)

Hi all,
NDTV & NatGeO has announced a Reality Show that invites all offroad enthusiasts to a Journey through India. The Show is starting in 2010 but Entries have started & more info is being given on NDTV Car &Bike Show.
The Journey is to start from Lavassa in Maharashtra.
There will be 6 teams in all .
Look for more info in this space.

How to Apply ?

Secondly as we have seen nearly all Reality Shows are Fake. :(

If it was only about driving then I would have certainly seen but as it includes other activities too, it sounds boring to me. This event looks similar to the Land Rover Challenge but will be mostly worse than that.

Please do not expect this to be like the Camel Trophy or Dakar.

i think only those with pocket full of $$ will be chosen to drive through india and can afford to take thier expensive SUVs through the journey!

Finally some useful crap to watch out for:-) Lets hope there would be more of off roading and recovery than their usual drama and abuses

The reality factor will definitely include drama. All the reality shows have got to me and I think even this will be more drama and less off roading.

However if it were the other way round, it should be fun.

I am optimistic of this one, since I'm a fan of Nat Geo (alongwith Discovery). My leisure tv watching time is pretty much split between these two channels.

I hear that this event is co-sponsored by Mahindra and that only Scorpios will be used? Lets hope they travel through some really tough terrain. After all, no one knows jungles better than the guys at Nat Geo :)

I would like to participate. Are Mahindra Classic's allowed? Its no SUV.

@FastLove: Please share some more details, if possible. I dont get to watch too much TV.

If NatGeo is involved, I think this might be good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1584891)
I am optimistic of this one, since I'm a fan of Nat Geo (alongwith Discovery). My leisure tv watching time is pretty much split between these two channels.

:)

me too, usually between NatGeo,Discovery,Travel and Living and NDTV good times, all 4 of them.Hope to see some good action in this reality show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercars (Post 1584104)
How to Apply ?

The Details are awaited . I shared this information from what i saw on TV on the NDTV car & bike show. And there willl be a build up on this story on TV and ofcourse in our very own TBHP shortly. I have no inside information!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 1584120)
i think only those with pocket full of $$ will be chosen to drive through india and can afford to take thier expensive SUVs through the journey!

I think you are right mate .

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinod_nookala (Post 1584835)
Finally some useful crap to watch out for:-) Lets hope there would be more of off roading and recovery than their usual drama and abuses

I doubt that it will be in the same line as the MTV and UTV Bindass shows which are crap. I trust NDTV/ NAtGeo with better format.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1584886)
The reality factor will definitely include drama. All the reality shows have got to me and I think even this will be more drama and less off roading.

However if it were the other way round, it should be fun.

The reality shows have actually been too much of a torture for the audiences with all the made-up fights and abusive languages. This, hopefully, should change that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1584891)

I hear that this event is co-sponsored by Mahindra and that only Scorpios will be used? Lets hope they travel through some really tough terrain. After all, no one knows jungles better than the guys at Nat Geo

Mahindra sponsoring this is actually a scoop. So , now we know who has the inside information :Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1584897)

@FastLove: Please share some more details, if possible. I dont get to watch too much TV.

If NatGeo is involved, I think this might be good.

You know who to ask now stupid: and mate surely i will keep you posted on whats happening on TV too!

Just got this reply on my query from the Host of the show on facebook .

Re: Hi
"Watch that on this weekend's show!!
SVP" (Siddharth Vinayak Patankar)

Any idea when the show is, time?

Saw ad on NatGeo last night and got link to the show

APPOLO NAT GEO FLIGHT OF THE HAWKZ.

Apollo Flight of the Hawkz is an adventure reality show full of tasks, mind games and extreme conditions. All you need is guts and a driving licence to take on the wild. So go ahead, register yourself and stay warned. All terrain is about to break loose.

You can register on their website by providing some info.

Schedule for Auditions
Delhi
10 Jan 2010
Sunday
Kolkata
17 Jan 2010
Sunday
Benguluru
24 Jan 2010
Sunday
Mumbai
31 Jan 2010
Sunday

Web Link Nat Geo 'Flight of the Hawkz' Special - MSN India

Some more quick info:

About the Series
The Concept
Not for the weak hearted, Flight of the Hawkz is an extreme off road adventure challenge series involving SUVs. Driving through difficult terrain, the participants will go through gruelling rounds of extreme adventure which get tougher with every step.

Teams
A total of 6 teams will be shortlisted. Each team will comprise of 2 members. Owner of SUV and a navigator (non SUV owner).

Point System
Accumulate as many points through the series, while performing various tasks and dares.

Series' elements
Mind games, obstacles, challenges and dares that get tougher with each step. As part of the challenge, the participants will cover around 120 kms per day on tricky terrains, crack intelligent mind games, take up thrilling and never-seen-before adventure tasks like stand up paddling, tight rope walking, monkey crawling as also manoeuver their SUVs through incomparable obstacles and of course the climax of it in every episode: the final dares which will see the participants zipline between dangerous valleys and bungee jump off a crane!

How do you get in?
Online registration on MSN India
The registration will be subject to submission of the Application cum Release Form to be made available at the audition venue.

Who can Participate?
Participants can register either as Owners of a 4x4 / 4x2 or as Aspirants. Both owners and non-owners of SUVs can participate.

The Route
The seven-part series will cover unknown routes in between Lavasa (Maharashtra) and Goa, with twelve participants comprising teams of two selected from across the country, competing to reach the final destination.
At the end of this seven-day long Lavasa to Goa driving adventure, the winning team will get to go on a fully-paid adventure trip for two to Masai Mara, South Africa.

Any idea about how long will this last? I want to understand, if I do take part, how many days of leave necessary :p

Driving etc is fine -- whatever obstacles. but what is this mind games, bungee jumping etc.!!! What have these got to do with 4x4 adventure?

PS: Just saw that even 4x2 are allowed. So can now imagine how this will be..

I think this show is not related to off-roading as 4x2 are allowed. I think it will be like roadies, suv's instead of bikes. driving in your suv on your own , finding ways, finding different task locations...