Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 09:58   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post
Samurai do try and make it atleast for the Sunday event.
That is very tough under the circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post
Would be nice to have you there if not as a driver then your skills behind the camera would be greatly appreciated
I will be totally redundant and insignificant considering Rudra Sen himself will be attending.
Old 20th January 2010, 11:30   #107
Senior - BHPian

Hi Bangalore offroading event organisers,
Kudo's to the effort you guys are putting in for this event! Thar on display in 'static' condition is sad, would have loved to see it in action, but some thing is better than nothing as most of them will be seeing thier dream jeep in flesh.

The initiative from Anand Mahindra is great and from what i know him just one word-"he is great"! This word for him is not for just displaying Thar and sponsering the event but due to host of other reasons. M&M is a 4x4 monopoly in India. They dont have to do it. They have sensed long term opportunity and are keen to keep up their legecy. TATA has so many 4x4 safari's 'on road'- what have they done to the 4x4 community?

Guys this is just the begining. I think Anand Mahindras reply and a call from arif itself shows that the team bhp and jeep thrills (we) are important for their 4x4 legacy to go forward. Lets make the best out of this partnership. We need each other!

P.s- Iam eagerly looking forward to participate in this event. This time as a co-driver:-)

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 20th January 2010 at 11:50.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:12   #108
DKG
Senior - BHPian

For someone who has watched with sadness the fracturing of the motorsports scene followed by the vintage car scene into factions who don't see eye to eye I have a simple request to make.

Regardless of what issues you may have with anyone, fellow Jeeper or organiser or sponsor, never let things deteriorate to a point where your relationship breaks. That eventuality helps no one.

So be it manufacturer or an event organiser or a participant we are all in it for different reasons but for a common binding factor - namely passion for offroad vehicles and offroading as a sport.

Let the sport grow, let the sponsorship evolve, let more people join the sport and overall lets all have fun.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:31   #109
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Thank you for over whelming response to the Bangalore Annual OTR Event. We have confirmations for 53 offroading vehicles ranging from Vintage jeeps to modern jeeps, scorpios 4 WDs, Gypsies, Defender 90 SWB, Nissan Patrol SWB. No. of participants are over 120 persons.

With this numbers, we are closing the registrations for the event as most arrangements have already been made and accommodating any more participants/ vehicles is not possible. We hope the members will understand the situation and co-operate.

Late entries into the lists may have to be dissappointed with respect to Event Memorablia - Tshirt. Please excuse.

First Day , 24th Jan -Assembly time at Columbia Asia Hospital on Bellary road is 5.45 a.m. Will inform the group formation and distribute the event stickers on spot. Marshals of the groups will collate participants of their respective groups and depart in group batches. Participants are advised not to stop during the journey till OTR point. Breakfast will be served at the OTR spot followed by briefing session.

Participants are requested to strictly adhere safety norms, instructions taken only from Marshals in brown Tshirts and no body else. Spectator participants are requested not to interfere in the conduct of the OTR unless specifically requested.

Photographing and videographing is most welcome with condition that they share the output on this forum. But avoid coming in the way either at the front or at the rear. If any of the spectator participants are injured superficially or fatally , the Jeepthrills or its organisers are not responsible.

Children in the team must personally be taken care by parents / guardians with whom they have accompanied. The organisers are not responsible for the well being of the children.

Participants , please take due care of your valuables and belongings at your own risks.

We welcome you to the event and hope that you will not experience any short comings in the event.

Warm regards,
Dwarak
Old 20th January 2010, 13:33   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hi Bangalore offroading event organisers,
Kudo's to the effort you guys are putting in for this event! Iam eagerly looking forward to participate in this event. This time as a co-driver:-)
Thank you vinod. It will give great pleasure to have you on OTR and we definitely look forward to your support in conducting the OTR.

Dwarak
Old 20th January 2010, 13:34   #111
BHPian

All the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post
Dear Mr. Behram Dhabhar ,

I just realised that you are a member in this Team-BHP after reading the posts on the THAR.

On behalf of the Bangalore Off-Road Community "Welcome to Jeep Thrills - Bangalore Annual Event 2010".

Looking forward to meeting you sir.

Vivek
Dear Dwarak sir,Vivek & B'lore team

All the best for the Annual OTR

I'm happy to announce that Hyderabad Jeepers will be a part of your event and look forward to explore the beauty of the region, not to mention the great company of fellow offroaders from Bangalore

It is great to see the participation of M&M in the event, Thar is a good indicator of R&D thought process that has taken offroad scene into consideration, so is the participation of senior personnel from the M&M team

I appreciate the initiative and the warmth by which you have invited M&M, it is a fitting precursor to mutually beneficial relationship, as the saying goes.. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

See you soon
Shams
Old 20th January 2010, 13:38   #112
Senior - BHPian

Shams,

thank you for the wishes and look forward to your participation in Bangalore OTR in near future.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:40   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Participants are advised not to stop during the journey till OTR point. Breakfast will be served at the OTR spot followed by briefing session.

Participants are requested to strictly adhere safety norms, instructions taken only from Marshals in brown Tshirts and no body else. Spectator participants are requested not to interfere in the conduct of the OTR unless specifically requested.
@Dwaraka: Sir,

What is the agenda on day 1 at the OTR avenue? How many obstacles are planned / intended?

And I believe that the Thar is going to be pushed to the OTR venue just 40 ft away from the road. If that is the case, can we come in 2wd vehicles? and walk the distance?

Day 2: Any plans - ?

Its good to see such numbers and hope you guys make it a grand success.

Cheers
Old 20th January 2010, 14:45   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all Bangalore off roaders - thank you very much for your overwhelming response. I am humbled. I am just a normal guy doing my normal job. The Auto Expo Thar is customized for display purpose and it has to perform its intended function. Therefore, we would not drive it. You can surely have a look at it in every detail. The intention is not just to drive what is available in front of you. My intention is that you guys understand and appreciate the complete platform and its intricacies, so that you appreciate exactly what we are up to. When you understand the whole platform, believe you me, you will be delighted. Therefore, I'll try and be there to explain all the features to you. During this interaction, I will also get a first hand information from you on your exact needs. In the meanwhile, here's something to delight you. That's me driving. This photograph was taken 2 days before the July 09 Great Escape at Shahpur (between Mumbai and Nasik). I was testing my R&D prototype. I had to do it 2 days before as I could not show the Thar at the Great Escape, as it was not launched at that time. The route, which was described as "very very difficult" was completed in 2 wheel drive only. There was no need to engage 4 wheel drive at all, and it was raining intermittently. Enjoy!.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
bangalore Annual Offroading Event Jan 2010-thar-043.jpg  

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 20th January 2010 at 14:53.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:09   #115
Senior - BHPian

Great learning time

Behram sir,
It would be nice to have you there. But come prepared with some solid explanation on choosing IFS over solid axle, semi floating axles etc.

Some of we guys will be ready to pounce on you

Looking forward to some great learning experience apart from regular OTR.

p.s- post some more off roadin pics.

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 20th January 2010 at 15:25.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:14   #116
Senior - BHPian

Behram Sir: So finally you are coming to Bangalore.

Fiat 1100 Club-Bangalore is waiting for your arrival in Bangalore for over a month. let us know your schedule.

Sorry for the back to back posts.
Is there any registration needed for just viewing this off road event?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th January 2010 at 17:18. Reason: back to back posts
Old 20th January 2010, 15:20   #117
Senior - BHPian

Dear Dhabar Sir,

Welcome to Blore. I initially did not sign up for this event since my CJ isnt in the best of her Shape (pending some checks). Now I have signed up as a 1st day Spectator solely to see your brain child in flesh and also listen to you explain the THAR. Looking forward to Sunday...

Regds
San
Old 20th January 2010, 16:04   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Sorry for the back to back posts.
Is there any registration needed for just viewing this off road event?
Arun,

Regret to mention, the registration is closed. Sorry to dissappoint you.

Dwarak
Old 20th January 2010, 19:41   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Behram sir,
It would be nice to have you there. But come prepared with some solid explanation on choosing IFS over solid axle, semi floating axles etc.

Some of we guys will be ready to pounce on you

Looking forward to some great learning experience apart from regular OTR.

p.s- post some more off roadin pics.
. Time to start making a question paper...
I am sure that all interaction will be shared here for us
Old 20th January 2010, 19:46   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Folks,

Thank you for over whelming response to the Bangalore Annual OTR Event. We have confirmations for 53 offroading vehicles ranging from Vintage jeeps to modern jeeps, scorpios 4 WDs, Gypsies, Defender 90 SWB, Nissan Patrol SWB. No. of participants are over 120 persons.

With this numbers, we are closing the registrations for the event as most arrangements have already been made and accommodating any more participants/ vehicles is not possible. We hope the members will understand the situation and co-operate.

We welcome you to the event and hope that you will not experience any short comings in the event.

Warm regards,
Dwarak
Dwarak,

Wishing you and the core team all the best this Mega OTR. Looks like this has evolved into something much larger than you would have expected.

Bangalore is certainly looking like the Hot Spot for OTRs in South India if not (dare I say) in India.

See you at Columbia Asia at 5.45am 24th Jan.

Also, I've sent you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That is very tough under the circumstances.

I will be totally redundant and insignificant considering Rudra Sen himself will be attending.
redundant and insignificant ?

With so many vehicles, so many incidents ready to unfold, I am sure many of you shutterbugs would have enough and more opportunities to capture.

It would have been good to have your Lens perspective as well
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks