Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:26   #91
Senior - BHPian

whats the scene for this sunday??

lets go towards powna dam
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:44   #92
BHPian

I wouldnt mind - What time do you want to plan for?
Old 22nd January 2010, 18:54   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm going for the bangalore OTR... Let's do this for next sunday plz...
Old 26th January 2010, 12:56   #94
BHPian

@ Next Otr Planning

Guys we have a long weekend, Feb 19 to 21st.
We must plan something on these days or even earlier.

If yoall are interested I can arrange SAWARSAI-" PART DEAUX" with newer obstacles,sand, gravel,mud,slush,climbs,declines etc. All obstacles would be technical.
Proper planning with lunch etc can be undertaken if exact number of people could be known prior.
A Night OTR could be planned too.

If there are other sites, like Dev suggesting Pavna dam,count me 'in' .

Allan,Neville,Dev,James,Tejas et al please suggest .

Last edited by mohan : 26th January 2010 at 12:58.
Old 26th January 2010, 13:33   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
If yoall are interested I can arrange SAWARSAI-" PART DEAUX" with newer obstacles,sand, gravel,mud,slush,climbs,declines etc. All obstacles would be technical.
Proper planning with lunch etc can be undertaken if exact number of people could be known prior.

SAWARSAI with new obstacles (Mud, Slush,.....) sound too good to resist.

I am in.
Old 27th January 2010, 15:02   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, let's plan. But first, let's organize ourselves.

Last weekend i was in bangalore for their annual Jeep Thrills event. The way everything is organized is superb. I had detailed discussions with dwaraka, arka, vivek, vinay, shahnawaz, etc about forming a proper group. I've got a lot of pointers and people are ready to come down to bombay and organize and guide us as well.

The ball is in our court now and we should act on it. Why don't we start a bombay chapter of Jeep Thrills?

Quote:
Guys we have a long weekend, Feb 19 to 21st.
We must plan something on these days or even earlier.

Allan,Neville,Dev,James,Tejas et al please suggest .

Mohan, we need to do a thorough recce first.

Guys, can we all meet up once and seriously discuss a group?
Old 27th January 2010, 15:52   #97
BHPian

If such meeting is happening, do give me a buzz. I am still sad for missing the Sawarsi!
Old 27th January 2010, 17:53   #98
BHPian

I think Tejas & Mohan are right about next OTR,

We really need to organize the next OTR properly, if it is from 19 to 21st then I will suggest that we should meet somewhere in 1st Week of Feb to finalize every thing including assigning the responsibilities. I am just wondering how 19 to 21st Feb is a long weekend. For me it's just Sunday off.

Cheers!

Alok
Old 27th January 2010, 20:28   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
SAWARSAI with new obstacles (Mud, Slush,.....) sound too good to resist.

I am in.
Im in too , im sure my jeep aint going to be ready by then so ill have to piggy back with you and this time its on me
Old 28th January 2010, 00:44   #100
BHPian

@Tejas

The OTR we did last time was nothing short of well planned.
Those who attended should put down their feedback so that the lacunae could be sealed out.

1) The place was selected in such a way that it was not very far off from the highway.

2) The land owner was contacted and due permission was taken.

3) The localites were taken into confidence and whole heartedly allowed us to use their land.

4) The DFO(District Forest Officer)was also informed and had no issues excepting his warning about wildfires by cigarette stubs.

4) We visited this place atleast 5 times prior, to survey and to identify obstacles which were mild to moderate. The obstacles were selected such that each obstacle also had a easy way out. Even stalwarts like Allan,James,Neville needed some effort to get over.

5) The white Sumo had medical supplies and tool kit,ropes ,hydraulic jack and other sundries including oils.

6) There were 2 mechanics on this Sumo in case there was any major breakdown.

7) There were 2 scouts who were local residents to guide our way,ensure that we dont get lost and that no one creates a problem for our entourage.

8) There was a white 407 Di truck at the base ,wondered anyone saw it, for recovery should anyone get stuck badly.

9) All important events were either photographed or filmed.

10) The OTR started on time and ended by 3:00 pm .

Yes food couldn't be arranged as the exact number of people who would attend was not known.
Some people complained about the dust,but then dust,mud,slush,rains etc are to be expected in an OTR.

I only wish you could have planned to come earlier as you missed the initial fun and excitement.

Yes ,off-course there is ample room for improvement and we will execute accordingly.
Old 28th January 2010, 00:57   #101
BHPian

Quote:
The OTR we did last time was nothing short of well planned.
Those who attended should put down their feedback so that the lacunae could be sealed out.

1) The place was selected in such a way that it was not very far off from the highway.

2) The land owner was contacted and due permission was taken.

3) The localites were taken into confidence and whole heartedly allowed us to use their land.

4) The DFO(District Forest Officer)was also informed and had no issues excepting his warning about wildfires by cigarette stubs.

4) We visited this place atleast 5 times prior, to survey and to identify obstacles which were mild to moderate. The obstacles were selected such that each obstacle also had a easy way out. Even stalwarts like Allan,James,Neville needed some effort to get over.

5) The white Sumo had medical supplies and tool kit,ropes ,hydraulic jack and other sundries including oils.

6) There were 2 mechanics on this Sumo in case there was any major breakdown.

7) There were 2 scouts who were local residents to guide our way,ensure that we dont get lost and that no one creates a problem for our entourage.

8) There was a white 407 Di truck at the base ,wondered anyone saw it, for recovery should anyone get stuck badly.

9) All important events were either photographed or filmed.

10) The OTR started on time and ended by 3:00 pm .

Yes food couldn't be arranged as the exact number of people who would attend was not known.
Some people complained about the dust,but then dust,mud,slush,rains etc are to be expected in an OTR.

I only wish you could have planned to come earlier as you missed the initial fun and excitement.

Yes ,off-course there is ample room for improvement and we will execute accordingly.

I support you 101%
it was the most planned and organised otr we have had till date,
started on time with a briefing, small chat, and each obstacle tackled systimatically.

tejas youll were late and got just a glimpse of all the fun and terrain we had in the beggining of the day,
mohan thank you sir, awesome awesome job

makes 4wheeling so much more fun
Old 28th January 2010, 02:47   #102
BHPian

Hi everyone.. Why don't we draw up a list of tools and equipment which is mandatory for every vehicle to carry for every OTR?
(I still don't have a toolkit in my gypsy..)

Also, how about coming up with a name for the Bombay offroaders?

For the long weekend in feb, I certainly wouldn't mind planning an overnight OTR - complete with camp fire n all! Think about it!
Old 28th January 2010, 08:50   #103
BHPian

OTR Group

I suggest humbly,lets do a lot of offroading initially,the "Group" would be born without much efforts.
The Southern and the Northern Group of offroaders have a very high frequency of OTR's as compared to ours,eg: NIOC has an OTR every week,not just 3 or 4 vehicles but a minimum of 12 to 15. These guys are way too ahead of us.

Lets play it first,a group would come automatically.
This is just a suggestion .
Old 28th January 2010, 09:40   #104
BHPian

I agree with you Allan this OTR was the best and best planned one i have ever attended, Dr Mohan you did a great job.
Imran yes it is a good idea to form a group, but as Dr mohan said you have do a lot of otrs first together,its not that the group should be experienced but it will create a kind of bond among all members, we will also come to know the strengths and weakness of others hence we can plan for safer and better OTR's. There should be a passion among members to help instantly on any break down or if any ones stuck. Its not just a giving a group a name but its bonding into a group thats fit for a name.
Old 28th January 2010, 11:29   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Mohan,

Don't get me wrong. No one is criticizing the last OTR. We had fun and appreciate your efforts.
What i meant in my posts is that this can't be a one man show. Last time you took all the pains to do everything. Everyone needs to chip in both moneywise and timewise.
This is the organizational skills i am talking about. Have a online list where people confirm and bank money into someone's account, indemnity forms, rules, stickers, order of cars, mandatory safety checks on their vehicles, personal recovery equipment, etc.

AGAIN: Please don't take this personally. Infact i had sent you a PM immediately after the OTR appreciating your efforts.

I'm just suggesting a step forward.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks