Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 14:24   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I was getting a bit worried when there was a lot of rainfall last week , but today, it feels truly like a normal day in August. Hot, humid, and no signs of rain in the next few days (judging by sat images of today).

I guess the weather will end up favouring the organizers after all .
I AM getting worried now as it is GETTING HOT here!!

Guys, please ensure the competetors do NOT get dehydrated!!
Old 10th August 2010, 15:16   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone post the GPS/Google Map location of where we have to reach/meet on Thursday? All Bangalore folks will be driving together and will be coming in via Kanchipuram.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:44   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys ALL THE BEST!

Really pissed that i can't make it. I may come on 13th night through to 14th if my HYD trip gets cancelled (50-50% chance right now). Allan's gonna coordinate with Arka on that if it works out.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:11   #334
Senior - BHPian

Directions to Adventure Zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Can someone post the GPS/Google Map location of where we have to reach/meet on Thursday? ...
Google map coordinates of Adventure Zone :

12°27'16"N 79°56'9"E

Driving instructions (DISCLAIMER : may not be very clear, no guarantee/warranty ):

When coming from Kancheepuram :
  • take the Kancheepuram-Chengalpattu road
  • turn right under the flyover when reaching NH
  • keep going straight towards Madurantakam.
  • DO NOT take the Madurantakam bye-pass, the main high-way (bye-pass) will curve right as you reach Madurantakam, proceed straight into Madurantakam town.
  • Keep going straight. Cross the bus-stand, the road will curve towards right (sort of T-junction), BUT take the left here. The reference is a high-mast lamp at this junction.
  • Proceed straight for a couple of kms, at a mini-4-road junction, the main road will go right, follow the main-road...take the right.
  • Keep going straight. Cross the railway-level-crossing (with bridge under construction)..keep going straight for few kms (5-6kms)
  • A road will go left, with the sign-board saying 'Kadalur - 20kms'. Take this left.
  • Keep going straight for about 7 kms. Take the right to reach Adventure Zone (If you cross a paper-factory on your left, you have missed the turn, go back and take the left after the paper-factory )

For exact instructions, pls check :Downloads

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 10th August 2010 at 17:24.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:39   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

12°27'16"N 79°56'9"E

Driving instructions (DISCLAIMER : may not be very clear, no guarantee/warranty ):

• DO NOT take the Madurantakam bye-pass, the main high-way (bye-pass) will curve right as you reach Madurantakam, proceed straight into Madurantakam town.
  • Keep going straight. Cross the bus-stand, the road will curve towards right (sort of T-junction), BUT take the left here. The reference is a high-mast lamp at this junction.
  • Proceed straight for a couple of kms, at a mini-4-road junction, the main road will go right, follow the main-road...take the right.
Its a few 100 metres before the road turns right!!!!
  • Keep going straight. Cross the railway-level-crossing (with bridge under construction)..keep going straight for few kms (5-6kms)
  • A road will go left, with the sign-board saying 'Kadalur - 20kms'. Take this left.
  • Keep going straight for about 7 kms. Take the right to reach Adventure Zone (If you cross a paper-factory on your left, you have missed the turn, go back and take the left after the paper-factory )
Welcome outsiders to our State - We will give you a "HOT" welcome. Enjoy your vacation with a free sauna!!
Old 10th August 2010, 18:02   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Can someone post the GPS/Google Map location of where we have to reach/meet on Thursday? All Bangalore folks will be driving together and will be coming in via Kanchipuram.
A special welcome to my friend and guru [Mod Sir KS] - Glad to know that you are coming this time around!
Old 10th August 2010, 18:13   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
....I may come on 13th night through to 14th if my HYD trip gets cancelled (50-50% chance right now)...
Hope you can make it
We shall meet on Friday the 13th ( sounds scary)
Old 10th August 2010, 18:16   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Welcome outsiders to our State - We will give you a "HOT" welcome. Enjoy your vacation with a free sauna!!
You mean "Guests" and not 'Outsiders' don't you Vikram Sir ?

Palar is hotter than Chennai ? If so... Damn...!
Old 10th August 2010, 21:05   #339
BHPian

Hi YZFRJ [ Iam not very sure whether its your name ;-0 ], Anyway, Palar IS hotter than chennai. In Chennai you will feel the heat from the skin penetrating the inner core body. In Palar the heat will radiate from inside out, just like a microwave. GOD, Iam just praying for some showers. In case of a shower I will be the happiest man in the world and Arka will go into depression LOL..... Are you planning to make it? If soo I will share my ORS and my umbrella with you Bro, so don't worry. You are most welcome. You all are our 'Esteemed Guests', we will do our best to keep you all comfortable. CYA
Dr.Jones
Old 10th August 2010, 22:41   #340
Senior - BHPian

Good luck everyone, enjoy the roasting
Old 10th August 2010, 22:43   #341
BANNED

Wow ,with so many competitors i think the competition will be fierce .

Good luck to you guys
Old 11th August 2010, 02:29   #342
BHPian

All the best guys ......

Last edited by davids4x4mm550 : 11th August 2010 at 02:35.
Old 11th August 2010, 06:59   #343
Senior - BHPian

David - you gotta be here next year man!

Everyone...buy an ice-box and stock up on water/electra and TAKE the time to drink frequently or you will be past the dehydration point before you know it. I was there when the temperature was lower and there was the occasional drizzle and it was still hot as hell. I was there when the temperature was high and there was cloud cover and it was unbearably hot. If there is no cloud cover and we have blazing heat then we are in for a tandoor situation.

Full length shirts and trousers, thick sole boots to keep the heat from conducting through the sole, wet towel around the head and neck, wide brim hat and sunglasses. Anything less and you'll look good...but very very ill.

I would use the melt-water in the ice box to wet the towel regularly and wear it around the head and neck.

Eat non-oily food and drink electral...not water.
Old 11th August 2010, 10:15   #344
Senior - BHPian

Attention all outstation competitors

Quote:

12°27'16"N 79°56'9"E

For exact instructions, pls check :Downloads
Hi Guys,

Please be careful on the State Highways (SH58 & NH45), the traffic is very erratic and runs through a many villages and hamlets.

Also please top up fuel tanks before reaching Adventure Zone Camp.

Madurantakam is good spot for filling up fuel.

Regards,

Arka
Old 11th August 2010, 11:36   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

12°27'16"N 79°56'9"E

Driving instructions ....
Thanks.. This helps for sure.

Based on above info, this is where it should be:

TPC10 - India's Toughest 4x4 Off-Road Competition-tpc.jpg