Team-BHP - Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Offroad Conference on 6 th & 7 th Feb 2010 in Nathiagali (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/75135-snow-cross-2010-extreme-offroad-conference-6-th-7-th-feb-2010-nathiagali.html)

Dear Friends

With the grace of Allah Almighty, the Snow Cross 2010 & Extreme Off-road Conference was held at Nathiagali on February, 6-7. The event was organised by the Islamabad Jeep Club and attended by 4x4 Engaged ( Lahore ), Muzaffarabad Jeep Club ( Muzaffarabad ), Pakistan Land Rover Club & Offroaders Unlimited ( Abbotabad ). Over 46 offroaders from the 5 participating clubs attended the event on around 19 vehicles. Following heavy snowfall on Friday and Saturday the attendees had to overcome challenges posed by snow and ice on the steep climb to Greens Hotel Nathiagali, which not only tested their driving and recovery skills but also highlighted the spirit of team work and cooperation amoungst the seasoned offroaders.
The roads leading upto Greens Hotel were covered by upto 2.5 feet of snow and attendees had to drive up the slippery slopes using snow chains, with some road clearing equipment showing up very late in the day.

The Extreme 4x4 conference featured presentations from the Presidents of the 5 attending Clubs as well as a speech from the chief guest, Mr. Nazir Abbassi - Nazim Nathiagali. Participants at the conference highlighted offroading and extreme motorsport as a healthy alternative for the people and youth of Pakistan who are greatly affected by prevailing environment of terrorism which is stifling sports and entertainment activities. Participants also emphasized the need to recognize and promote offroading and extreme motorsport in Pakistan at the official level.
Mr. Nazir Abbassi appreciated the efforts of the attendees to organise and attend such a challenging event and highlighted the need to promote tourist activities in Nathiagali and Galliat areas which are amongst the most scenic hillstations in the coutry with virtually no law and order risks.

Thanx

IJC , 4x4 Engaged , MJC , Pakistan Land Rover Club , Offroaders Unlimited

Few pictures from my mobile

Hope you will like these pictures

Great pictures Aamir. Give us more info about the area. Also posting more pics would be nice.

It looks like that you guys had lot of fun.

I am waiting for more and than some more more...

good looking patrols and defenders

Aamir, Great gathering. sends me chill through me looking at the snow. I remember my bike trip to himalayas in snow. more photos please.

Aamir,this would be a great alternative for the extreame enviorment in pak as u said.all the very best and looking forward see more details of the event

Raj

Amir,
Lovely machines out there! Very desireable!

My God !!! That is one hell of a conference, the right place with the right machines. I am sure u have more pics with you, bring it on aamir.

OMG - I saw a Nissan Patrol SWB (sort of, compared to the Truck like LWB), in bangalore 12 hours ago. It looks great and has a great road presence. Aamir - Need more pics. Loved the Defender too...

Thanx a lot for your nice comments

Thanks a lot for ur nice comments

Nice pics man, got any videos???

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMAN_SACHDEV (Post 1725401)
Nice pics man, got any videos???

I will upload links of videos after uploading pictures

These pictures were taken from my mobile
I will upload pictures from our website after taking permission from the owner