Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2010, 17:12   #31
BHPian

I'm lucky to be alive!
Lol.. I was NOT prepared to face that kinda heat and exhaustion man!
Old 25th April 2010, 17:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Excellent time with the scorching sun burning all the layers and under,of my skin, the smell of fuel and the unknown terrain. What a time, what a recce. Guys this terrain will change dramatically with every shower. Most trails we went on will not be available or even doable in June/July so im happy we went today. The sun was as its scorching best but no match for the enthusiasm of the entire recce team.

Exhaustion here is the key word followed closely by dehydration. Thanks to the mammoth cooling box which GS carried. I at first thought it was a thermocol coffin

All the vehicles performed well with Tejas trying to do the early part of the trail in 2WD and Imran trying the same stunt at a later stage

All in all a challenging terrain. Great work Kunal
Old 26th April 2010, 06:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Yes...Interesting is an understatement and HOT AS HELL is another understatement.

Videos/Pics should be up in a bit...
It was great! gs your mammoth ice box saved the day man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladak.imran View Post
I'm lucky to be alive!
Lol.. I was NOT prepared to face that kinda heat and exhaustion man!
It was hot , very very hot, but you guy's just took it in your stride great going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Excellent time with the scorching sun burning all the layers and under,of my skin, the smell of fuel and the unknown terrain. What a time, what a recce. Guys this terrain will change dramatically with every shower. Most trails we went on will not be available or even doable in June/July so im happy we went today. The sun was as its scorching best but no match for the enthusiasm of the entire recce team.

Exhaustion here is the key word followed closely by dehydration. Thanks to the mammoth cooling box which GS carried. I at first thought it was a thermocol coffin

All the vehicles performed well with Tejas trying to do the early part of the trail in 2WD and Imran trying the same stunt at a later stage

All in all a challenging terrain. Great work Kunal
The challenging bit is going to be connecting all the different trails we have done on the recces into one big trail.

Once the monsoon starts i will have to attempt one big recce to see what is do able and what is not.
Old 26th April 2010, 07:08   #34
BHPian

Here are the pictures i shot!

I saw some video being shot...gogi , will you do the honour's.

It was great to see Nishant from bangalore participating, he was my expert spotter for some distance. it would have been impossible for me to navigate the terrain without him.

Tejas How was the match
Attached Thumbnails
The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0111.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0112.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0113.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0114.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0115.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0116.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0117.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0118.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0119.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0120.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0126.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0127.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0129.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0130.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0131.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0133.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0132.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0137.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0142.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0144.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0145.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0146.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0150.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0152.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0154.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0155.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0156.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0162.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0163.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0167.jpg  

Old 26th April 2010, 07:19   #35
BHPian

These are the remainder of the pictures i shot.
Attached Thumbnails
The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0168.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0169.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0170.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0174.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0178.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0179.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0180.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0183.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0184.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0186.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0200.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0203.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0204.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0205.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0207.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0208.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0212.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0213.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0215.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0218.jpg  

Old 26th April 2010, 11:53   #36
BHPian

The Terrain looks good. It will be fun in the Rains.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Recce

Hi Kunal,

You guys have wonderful terrain, and it will be very exciting after the monsoons.

Looking forward to this event.

Regards,

Arka
Old 26th April 2010, 15:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
I saw some video being shot...gogi , will you do the honour's.
Yes Kunal i was taking videos from GS's video thingy. Lots of videos in fact. Some really good ones on crossing different terrains. I guess GS must be editing them to post here.....soon hopefully!!
Looking forward to seeing the videos
Old 26th April 2010, 15:59   #39
BHPian

So many great pictures! Good stuff Kunal!

Btw guys, we didn't really get the time to talk about the main event.. The planning, organizing, etc etc..
Old 26th April 2010, 17:09   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Btw guys, we didn't really get the time to talk about the main event.. The planning, organizing, etc etc..
Thanks Imran.

After being fried for 3.5 hours in the sun , i don't think anybody was in the state to do any planning.

Anyway still time for that.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:22   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Kunal / Tejas / Gogi - NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR! I got the SMS very late and had already left for Nasik, otherwise I would have surely come. The "car" is based at MH02 (you know what that means!).

Next time, I'm surely coming. Please tell in advance. In the monsoon, it will be real challenging.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 26th April 2010, 17:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Yes Kunal i was taking videos from GS's video thingy. Lots of videos in fact. Some really good ones on crossing different terrains. I guess GS must be editing them to post here.....soon hopefully!!
Looking forward to seeing the videos
Yes I have been working on the edits. I should have some awesome videos up by the weekend. Busy working week

Quote:

Main event? I haven't gotten this "side event" out of my head yet...some of the residual heat is still working and I've been awfully grumpy as a result!

But yeah - great trail...need to mark it, get guys at each obstacle (so many!) and carry out the planning.

by my count there were 6 major and 9 minor obstacles. Good for a 1 day OTR. Of course with the rains/slush...things will be different.
Old 26th April 2010, 20:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Kunal,

You guys have wonderful terrain, and it will be very exciting after the monsoons.

Looking forward to this event.

Regards,

Arka
Hey Arka , we look forward to meeting you guy's and gleaning some experience from the chennai jeepers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Kunal / Tejas / Gogi - NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR! I got the SMS very late and had already left for Nasik, otherwise I would have surely come. The "car" is based at MH02 (you know what that means!).

Next time, I'm surely coming. Please tell in advance. In the monsoon, it will be real challenging.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Hey Behram you are welcome anytime!
Old 27th April 2010, 00:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

In the meanwhile im going to follow GS's specific instructions and buy me two pairs of large cotton socks, cut them through, stitch them so that the form a kind of a biker's mask. Safe from the dust (as a result of which i have a bad bad throat) and the sun.

Aree yaar GS jaldi karo saar. Weekend too late saar!!

@ Behrambhai - sorry boss, thought you were in Nasik
Old 27th April 2010, 06:47   #45
BHPian

Aree yaar GS jaldi karo saar. Weekend too late saar!!

Yes Gs This weekend will see a fresh batch of pictures and maybe video!

Post the videos man
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks