Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 09:36   #1
BHPian

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR

Guy's it was nice to finally meet all of you during the Alibaug otr.
It is nice to see 4x4 becoming so big this side of the country!

Until the alibaug otr which has been the closest to a properly organized offroad event(i have attended), thanks to dr mohan and all the people who were involved, our offroad meets have always been mostly fun but also haphazard.

Haphazard is good don't get me wrong, but i think it is now time to take it to the next level!

The Jeep guy's down south have made it quite evident , what one can achieve when thing's are better planned.

I am taking and idea which was initially put forward to me by Abhimanyu Singh aka Alfa Kilo.

The Alfa Kilo challenge will be a non competitive event, just like any other Otr we normally attend but with a set agenda.Set Does not mean boring

The Alfa kilo challenge and i am calling it a challenge! because even though we will not compete with each other we will be competing with the terrain!

It will follow a fixed route with a lot of mixed terrain(rock crawling, mud,hill climbs,water fording) .

The event would start at a pre determined point with all the vehicles in convoy and continue along the set route tackling obstacles as we proceed.

Event details(will update as things become clearer)
  • This is a hardcore offorad event so only 4x4 vehicles, this will not be a event suitable for suv's and softroaders!
  • This is a no profit no loss type of event.
  • It will be held during the monsoon date's are yet to be finalised and we will try to make it convenient for everybody.
  • Accomodation will be at my Farm house in Karjat, which is off the beaten track.It will be basic but clean and comfortable.
  • All participant's can bring their Spouses and Girl friend's.
  • All participant's will be briefed before , during and after the event so everybody will know what to expect as the event proceeds.
  • At the start of the event We will also explain and demonstrate the various techniques and equipment one can use to recover a stuck vehicle(using a tirfor or hand winch,use of snatch blocks for double line pulls,hi lift jack).Winch and equipment safety the do's and dont's will be highly stressed on.
  • Particpant's should check or service their vehicles before the event and any problem's rectified as it is going to be very tough on both vehicle and driver.
This Event is being organized by me and Abhimanyu's father Mr Ajit Singh who will also fly down from Jaipur to be present at the event.

Let's make this a success guy's

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th April 2010 at 13:32. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 19th April 2010, 09:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Motocamp,

Perhaps the greatest tribute one can pay to a friend, a great initiative i would say. Please take it forward and i think most of the Jeepers are with you. At the end of it we all will have fun and our bonding as a off road community would improve.

Looking forward to this event. All the best!
Old 19th April 2010, 09:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes that's a great idea. Hopefully in time, you may want to able to compete with the likes of the Palar Challenge. I'm out since no SUVs are allowed (not that my 4x2 would have gone that far anyway). But would definately come as a spectator.

Drifter
Old 19th April 2010, 09:55   #4
BHPian

I have started the route Recce for the Alfa Kilo Challenge.

These pictures are of a small portion of the route which i recced this weekend.

The pictures do not capture the depth well and the terrain is dry now.

This will be the rock crawling section of the event with a lot of streams big and small to ford along the way.
Attached Thumbnails
The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0006.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0008.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0016.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0020.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0021.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0022.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0023.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0018.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0030.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0032.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0033.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0037.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0042.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0047.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0051.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0054.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0056.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0065.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0075.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0076.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0082.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0092.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0099.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0106.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0002.jpg  

Old 19th April 2010, 10:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Excellent

Hi Kunal,

That a great initiative, and will surely take the Maha off-roading scene to the next level.

A request is to Keep the event in end June or After August 15th, then the Chennai JEEPers will definitely participate.

I would suggest you avail the Gandhi Jayanthi Holiday and make it a 2 Day Off-road, which will be more Challenging and attractive to out-station participant who drive up.

Regards,

Arka
Old 19th April 2010, 10:09   #6
BHPian

Hi Arka

Yes,I don't want it to clash with any other event , i have also thought of end of june or mid august some time.

I look forward to seeing you guy's in action, this side of the country!

It will be a 2 day event, more fun for everyone!

The finer detail's will be clearer in the next 10 days or so.

I am doing the route recce on every weekend for the next 4 weeks ,apart from other details like accomodation for 40 odd people!
Old 19th April 2010, 11:27   #7
BHPian

You have both nice Jeep and the Pet ... !!!

great pictures. which breed is it ?
Old 19th April 2010, 13:18   #8
BHPian

The pet's name is Atom and he is a boxer
Old 19th April 2010, 13:22   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Kunal,

Don't go alone for the recce. Karjat is not far. We can drive up and help you as well. Do let me know.

PS: Please don't have it on 19-20 of June, 2010. I'm in Goa for a friend's wedding.
Old 19th April 2010, 13:22   #10
BHPian

This is a superb idea ..... im in ....
Old 19th April 2010, 13:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Kunal,

Don't go alone for the recce. Karjat is not far. We can drive up and help you as well. Do let me know.

PS: Please don't have it on 19-20 of June, 2010. I'm in Goa for a friend's wedding.
Sure Tejas you are welcome anytime....actually it would be great! doing it solo has it's own risk....there is only so much you can do when you get stuck alone!

I will call you , can you pm me your number?
Old 19th April 2010, 13:35   #12
BHPian

Motocamp
I think the entire 4X4 community will rally behind your noble cause.
Hats off to you.
Please do let us know in advance so that out station people can come over if not as participants than atleast as visitors.
Cheers
GB
Old 19th April 2010, 14:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff Motocamp and a great initiative >
Can we do this trail even when its dry, pre monsoon, not as an event, but just as an OTR session.???
A lot others will be able to participate, esp those with softroaders like my 4x4 Safari. Im sure the area will become impossible once the rains are in.
I would love to be a spectator then. It would surely be fun to capture the moments on camera as a passenger.
Your offroadie passenger is surely a fun lover. Have seen him in your earlier oTR pics too.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 19th April 2010 at 14:13.
Old 19th April 2010, 14:39   #14
BHPian

Great efforts Motocamp. As some of BHPans has already mentioned, is it possible to take part as spectator? I mean without owning 4X4 can one attend this event?
Old 19th April 2010, 15:08   #15
BHPian

Great Event

Dear Motocamp, really great thing you are doing here. A great friendship.
Wish you all the best for the success of this event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
Great efforts Motocamp. As some of BHPans has already mentioned, is it possible to take part as spectator? I mean without owning 4X4 can one attend this event?
If above thing is allowed, would like to join as a spectator.
(Will be helpful in weight balancing the offroaders)

Regards,
Ravi
Closed Thread

Most Viewed