Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 21:47   #61
BHPian

One OT Post, but couldn't resist. Please don't mind.

There was a thread few days ago to plant a tree after each OTR event (If possible).
So my humble request not to cut trees/ branches just for the sake of better offroad path.

Nature is better than our vehicles. Please do take care of it.

Sorry for posting like that. Just MHO.
Old 28th April 2010, 22:21   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

That was a dead stub that was cut. No tree was hacked.
Old 28th April 2010, 22:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Dear Tejas, I am not complaining.
Its just that the thoughts came after seeing your pic (Can see it was just a little stub). Actually, the intention was not to blame or point out. Just as a sort of reminder of that "Plant a tree" wala thread for the coming events.

(Hope I am clear)
Old 29th April 2010, 06:36   #64
Senior - BHPian

Good point actually. I think next OTR we should take saplings along (the indigenous variety) and plant them along the way. Although I must point out that there is plenty of vegetation in these parts and most are parasitic. Also I don't think the saplings would survive without proper care and finally, I think it is risky to go introduce some random flora into any place without knowing the after-effects.
Old 29th April 2010, 07:03   #65
BHPian

Planting sapplings is a good idea,as offroader's we do damage the terrain to some extent, after all these trails we are doing have never been accessed by motorised vehicles.

I will contact a nursery in karjat and find out what indegenious trees are good to plant in this region.
Old 29th April 2010, 10:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

Vegetation

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
One OT Post, but couldn't resist. Please don't mind.

There was a thread few days ago to plant a tree after each OTR event (If possible).
So my humble request not to cut trees/ branches just for the sake of better offroad path.

Nature is better than our vehicles. Please do take care of it.

Sorry for posting like that. Just MHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Hi Guys,

I totally agree with offroad.maniac, please avoid cutting any kind of branches or stumps; as the locals/officials can blow the entire episode out of proportion.

If there are shrubs/brush/vegetation, AVOID driving over them, if you have to drive over them, keep them with in you wheels (inside your Track), once you drive over they spring back.

If you drive you wheels over them, then the get crushed and break very close to the roots and is difficult to revive them.

Regards,

Arka
Old 29th April 2010, 10:48   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
I will contact a nursery in karjat and find out what indegenious trees are good to plant in this region.
That will be great. They will need to be hardy variety so they can survive and flourish without any care.

I guess because our group was small the damage was minimal but with a larger group we will have to be careful. The next monsoon recce will be crucial for selecting the trails and addressing these environmental concerns.
Old 29th April 2010, 10:59   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

GS, upload the vids please.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:26   #69
BHPian

This thread is worthless without videos!
Come on man!
Old 29th April 2010, 12:23   #70
BHPian

A great day and a great OTR.

Tejas: Thanks for the call and letting me know about the OTR, otherwise it would be a sunday wasted in front of the TV in the hotel room. Good to have finally met you. Your classic looks and performs great.

Imran: Thanks for the ride, it was fun and you have a great Vehicle. Got to experience the AC with the soft top and the drive and it is good. Great relief on such a Hot and exhausting day.

Gogi: It was good meeting you. Was hoping to get a first hand look at your CJ3B too but i guess next time, and thanks for the breakfast man.

Guru: It was nice meeting you. Thanks for the icebox man.. it was the lifesaver of the day.

Kunal: great trail and thanks for the ride. Alfa kilo's jeep is just fabulous and it sure can take on any terrain. You have a great farm and the surrounding trails are awesome. Hope to catch up with you again sometime.

The heat was for sure killing. I had taken just 3 bottles of water and Imran n I planned to pickp another 5ltr but could not. Guru's(gsferrari) icebox was the life Saviour of the day. This trail will be awesome after the monsoons.
Had a great day and Hope to catch up with all you guys sometime in the future.

Guru waiting for the videos man.

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 29th April 2010, 15:24   #71
Senior - BHPian

Anyone needing an ice-box - let me know. Videos - busy at work guys...pls understand. They've given me a raise which means they own my soul now. Videos will be up over the weekend.
Old 29th April 2010, 20:06   #72
BHPian

I need an Icebox!
Atleast 1/2 the size which you have...

I also need to go that Chembur place, to see if the guy has any gypsy body panels!
I'll call you for that tomorrow...
Old 29th April 2010, 20:48   #73
BHPian

Hi guy's this post might sound familiar but i am off to Karjat for the weekend.I will be doing another recce on sunday morning.

The last recce, a major concern was a big stream we came across on the trail.I am going to search for a trail to circumnavigate this stream which will be a raging torrent and impossible to cross in the monsoon.

I also plan to drive slightly upriver to check out a trail i had done a few years back.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

Yeah do that. I need to go there to get the aisin hubs.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:36   #75
BHPian

Hello friends,
Iam Rahul and a New Member (at last I made it).
I stay in Thane and would really like to know you all. Already members like Mandeep, Soumen, David and Allan helped me a lot even though I was not a member and didn't know them .
My Jeep is being done up its a MM440 petrol .Hopefully it will be done till the challenge date.I will be taking part
Sad to hear about Alfa Kilo though I was not a member I was always reading about his Jeep.May his soul rest in peace.
Happy Jeeping
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks