Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 12:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

River Bank

Hi NCR Off-Roaders,

River Banks offer some superb natural obstacles, and the climbs are excellent.

However they do pose one challenge, the Riverbanks near habitation is used as a public toilet.

Look around for similar spots in further up river.down river, in Rajasthan along the NH.

Regards,

Arka

PS -Please avoid using the embankment/bunds which are man made (stoned/cemented/concrete), their can be legal implications.
Old 27th April 2010, 09:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
great going guys. would love to join you next time around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Nice location..i don't have a 4x4 but can i just come to see thi. It looks like a lot of fun and not too far too. Nice pics and video too.
toiingg & harishnayak - Please feel free to join us next time. You can ride in any jeep/gypsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Nice pictures and video!
looks like you guys had a good time!

@Ankit & Rahul
what was the terrain like? Sand, rock, etc.
Harjeev - We were there for about 2 hours. It was a fairly simple trail and good for the first timers. There was a small hill with lots of inclines and declines and then a slush area which was covered with vegetation that floats on lakes so you couldnt judge the terrain underneath. Good for morning fun! You should come next time!

Arka - thanks for your pointers. Agree on the embankment thing!

Last edited by GoSlow : 27th April 2010 at 09:38.
Old 27th April 2010, 10:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
toiingg & harishnayak - Please feel free to join us next time. You can ride in any jeep/gypsy.

Harjeev - We were there for about 2 hours. It was a fairly simple trail and good for the first timers. There was a small hill with lots of inclines and declines and then a slush area which was covered with vegetation that floats on lakes so you couldnt judge the terrain underneath. Good for morning fun! You should come next time!

Arka - thanks for your pointers. Agree on the embankment thing!
Sadly i don't have a Jeep/Zypsy but am a OTR enthusiast as i've been following most of them that happen on TBHP. Can i now come..maybe i can click pictures and learn a thing or two about offroading.
Old 28th April 2010, 01:30   #19
BHPian

hey guys, the same gang (and probably more) are planning another offroading event this weekend. Our plan is to go to Bhatti mines this Saturday. Anyone interested may join us. The event invitation is available here - Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

I will update time to meet, exact location by Friday evening on the events page.

Cheers,
Abhey
Old 28th April 2010, 01:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Sadly i don't have a Jeep/Zypsy but am a OTR enthusiast as i've been following most of them that happen on TBHP. Can i now come..maybe i can click pictures and learn a thing or two about offroading.
Harish, like Ankit (GoSlow) said, join us anytime. I just posted the Facebook event link in my previous post, you can get the details there by Friday for the coming weekend OTR.
Old 28th April 2010, 07:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcererenator View Post
Harish, like Ankit (GoSlow) said, join us anytime. I just posted the Facebook event link in my previous post, you can get the details there by Friday for the coming weekend OTR.
That's great , i've already enrolled myself as a confirmed guest on FB. I think i'll manage to reach Bhatti mines around 7:00 am on saturday.

All - FYI..there are 5 confirmed guests so far.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
All - FYI..there are 5 confirmed guests so far.
Correction - there are 7, two are not on facebook
Old 28th April 2010, 18:43   #23
BHPian

I am in !! I am in !!

will update the FB this evening
Old 29th April 2010, 02:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Bhatti mines comes on the way from Gurgaon to Faridabad via that long deserted stretch right?? Can someone post the exact directions of the location?

Thanks in Advance
Old 29th April 2010, 02:29   #25
BANNED

Harish, the best way to reach Bhatti mines from Gurgaon, I believe is go upto mahipalpur, take a right into Vasant kunj from under the flyover, drive across VK till you reach the crossing at the other end (Andheria Mode), take a right, then left towards Chattarpur Temple, cross the temple and stick to your right (the road curves ahead) and keep travelling for another 8-10 kms, you'd be reaching Bhatti mines by now..

Folks from Vasant Kunj could correct me if I missed/have been incorrect

Cheers
RD
Old 29th April 2010, 10:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Bhatti mines comes on the way from Gurgaon to Faridabad via that long deserted stretch right?? Can someone post the exact directions of the location?

Thanks in Advance
@ridinthru: You are right in laying out the route.

@harishnayak: Where would you be coming from Harish? May be you can join the Noida group at some common junction. Here are the reference maps/directions for Bhatti Mines:

bhatti mines - Google Maps

MapmyIndia - maps, directions, and local search across India - just search, print and go!

-SM
Old 29th April 2010, 19:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
@ridinthru: You are right in laying out the route.

@harishnayak: Where would you be coming from Harish? May be you can join the Noida group at some common junction. Here are the reference maps/directions for Bhatti Mines:

bhatti mines - Google Maps

MapmyIndia - maps, directions, and local search across India - just search, print and go!

-SM
I would be coming from Gurgaon side so i'll have to take the Gurgaon faridabad stretch that starts from hotel bristol.

I remember seeing the boards of Bhatti mines whenever i've taken that route.
Old 30th April 2010, 01:45   #28
BHPian

hi All, I will confirm the details here by tomorrow evening. there is a possibility we may go to Yamuna bank again (next to DND) to explore it further. we can do Bhatti mines a week before summer sprint as well, but the bank should have some new slush with the fresh rain we had yesterday.

Cheers,
~A~
Old 30th April 2010, 06:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcererenator View Post
hi All, I will confirm the details here by tomorrow evening. there is a possibility we may go to Yamuna bank again (next to DND) to explore it further. we can do Bhatti mines a week before summer sprint as well, but the bank should have some new slush with the fresh rain we had yesterday.

Cheers,
~A~
:( I would not be able to make it on time if it's at the Yamuna banks.
Old 30th April 2010, 18:48   #30
BHPian

Hi All,

Because of popular demand, and the fact most of the guys are from Noida and there is work on Saturday for many, the location of the OTR has been changed to Yamuna Bank, next to DND.

Meeting time: 5AM
Meeting Point: Right after the DND toll plaza (when coming from noida), parked on the left.

Confirmed people: Samarth, Praneet, Rahul, Ankit, Sharat, Aman and Abhey
Tentative: Randeep

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks