Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 15:50   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Jaggu,

For the remaining 30%

Did you try it with 1st Low and a very Short Run up, 2 vehicle lengths from the "Pit" and crawled in and use the 2600 rpm more judiciously by aggressively pumping the throttle?

Momentum is Kinetic Energy, it can even be achieved at single digit speeds.
============
A few tricks like throttle modulation and Airing down the tires will go a long way, along with Aggressive-ness, you need Innovative-ness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
This does sound like the best way to have done it diluting the harsh bump you would encounter on a longer higher speed runup. Also hitting the bump at a slight angle so that both front wheels don't encounter the hurdle at the same time?
Yes all 3 of us are thinking similar here, unfortunately i didnt get any chance for a re-run. But its not the end of the world and we will tackle it again Yes Arka this is why i left the 30% out, CJ3B is a very different animal and it needs different approach compared to heavier and long WB vehicles.

This is my first experience with hurricane, CJ with diesel mill feels and performs so differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
One thing I learned from him is controlled aggression, this helps in the long run as the vehicle is preserved for the next obstacles.
Precisely the point! actual science is in observing and then adapting the approach based on the terrain and vehicle capabilities.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:52   #107
BHPian

Nice photos and videos. I loved the ones with blur... Would love to join you guys once a get mysef a 4x4. Or mebbe I don't mind joining if spectators allowed. I liked that Invader, very nicely done up, sad it got stuck. I guess 4x4ing needs both - machine power + driver skill.
Old 27th May 2010, 23:36   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
This just reminded me of something. Unless you have seat belts you should never attempt a run up in terrain where you have such deep ruts. You could smash your face into the front screen.

BTW who in India sells after market seat belts certified to international standards? I need to install a set for my Jeep! I want the racing harness type.
Deepak,

I don't know about India, but its available in Dubai.

The racing harness type - 6 Point system as they call it - FIA Approved is avialable here

Two types - 1 with Steel fastenings etc - AED 1,000 to 1,100 per set
2 - With Light weight Aluminium fastening etc - AED 1.300 to 1,400. Rate of Exchange about INR 12.75 to AED

These types can be fitted on Wranglers as an after market item, so it should be ok with CJ3B as well/

If interested let me know, I will make few enquiries more and find a better price. Getting 1 or 2 sets to India (TVM) is possible, from where you can get it to HYD by Courier I suppose

Best regards and Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 28th May 2010, 00:37   #109
Team-BHP Support

DKG these will need proper bucket racing seats also, wont work on stock seats. So recaro's + belts = huge investment. Again without full fledged roll cage, if you roll they are a total waste.

What i have in mind: Swift seats + basic roll cage + (MUL seat belts which cost about 1500 per set, with seat belt indicator switch)
Old 28th May 2010, 13:37   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
DKG these will need proper bucket racing seats also, wont work on stock seats. So recaro's + belts = huge investment. Again without full fledged roll cage, if you roll they are a total waste.

What i have in mind: Swift seats + basic roll cage + (MUL seat belts which cost about 1500 per set, with seat belt indicator switch)
Jaggu,

What you are saying is very correct.

One point though, I have seen them installed in conjunction with normal Bucket Seats that come with Wranglers - In a manner they look like the stock Bucket seats that comes with any SUVs these days.

Yes its a big investment - possibly a simple restraint in preventing your body from lurching forward can be reasonably acheived by the normal 3 point inertial belts as well. Especially in the low speed situations like the OTR

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 28th May 2010 at 13:38.
Old 6th June 2010, 00:23   #111
Senior - BHPian

Hehe I found a video which seems similar to the climb we failed to conquer...but this one is minus the rut.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks