Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 10:25   #16
Team-BHP Support

Before you guys pounce on anyone and everyone, this was not a planned OTR. It was sudden and expected 3-4 vehicles for a weekend trial. Even on saturday morning we were just wondering it will happen and hence didnt post up.

For a proper OTR planning is required otherwise it will be total chaos and no one will enjoy the trip and chances of things going really wrong are also there.

Small example even with 10 vehicles we got into this permission issue.

Hope you guys understand, let the monsoon's start we will plan something which will be more pleasant for participants and for the vehicles.
Old 24th May 2010, 10:45   #17
BHPian

Had a wonderful day , Pre and post OTR . Well here are the pics from my side..

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6427.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6428.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6429.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6431.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6432.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6433.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6434.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6438.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6439.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6440.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6442.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6443.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6444.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6445.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6446.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6448.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6449.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6450.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6451.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6452.jpg
Old 24th May 2010, 10:51   #18
BHPian

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6453.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6454.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6455.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6456.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6457.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6460.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6462.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6463.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6464.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6465.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6466.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6469.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6471.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6472.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6473.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6474.jpg

Pearl Valley May 23rd, Totally Unplanned OTR! (Report Update on Page 1).-img_6475.jpg
Old 24th May 2010, 11:01   #19
Team-BHP Support

So this is what you guys finally ended up doing, attacking cess pools and getting chased by cops.

While you boys were playing in the grey muck, I was driving through pristine Chikmaglur country side, and... umm... cleaning up my kid's vomit from the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchkumar View Post
OH!!!!!! Man How did i miss this
My friends ?? i have been waiting for an OTR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver_prad View Post
Bad bad people, having all the fun . I can't believe i missed it. I was itching to go on another OTR after the Sarjapur one, and here i am sitting at home feeling miserable for missing out on all the fun . BTW was there a thread about this OTR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Hmmm why were we not informed about this OTR , i would have loved to join you guys . Khan sir very bad . but a good one though
When you see less than 15 vehicles in any event, it is clear that it was purely word-of-mouth planned event. Such events are never announced in advance and only the regulars who are on each other's phone contact list get intimated. Too many vehicles become unmanageable in unplanned events.

I see "I bought the jeep only for birding" man too in the photos. What happened to the big announcement about not offroading anymore?
Old 24th May 2010, 11:08   #20
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Good fun Jaggu. Looks like you lucky guys have had some decent rain to turn the countryside lush green. We are still off by a few weeks here in Hyd. Nice to see you enjoying your Dwarf !
Old 24th May 2010, 12:15   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchkumar View Post
OH!!!!!! Man How did i miss this
My friends ?? i have been waiting for an OTR.
Sorry Catch this was supposed to be a impromptu private testing session, thats all. We never planned it to be big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

- Jaggu showing what his Dwarf can do
Can't wait to see where i went blind The innocent looking climb had a nasty rut and that really takes the toll of the vehicles momentum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamir567 View Post
All the pictures are very nice
The track was a bit challenging
Its hardly few mts, but that climb is a nasty one and a constant challenge for BLR boys! i think Prithvi climbed it afterwards on his return trip, i think the added passenger weight gave his gypsy the badly needed traction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver_prad View Post
Bad bad people, having all the fun . I can't believe i missed it.
Don't worry let the rains come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Awesome!

But wasn't the THAR also supposed to be there?
He he that was a practical joke! The rumor that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Hey Jaggu, was DwArF tired after that crossing ? He seems to be leaning to one side, as if trying to give the left side wheels a break ?

Lovely pics .
Its a jeep and it will be tilted! But the pictures are misleading since both are slopes accentuating the tilt that DwArF has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Yeah - I noticed that too. Jaggu - did anything interesting on that side of the vehicle ?

Thanks for the invite call though. It was 10 pm when we came back from Nanjangud and I was tired through the bones that I woke up at 9 am Sunday.
Who invited you? he he

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
The cop wanted us to get "proper" permissions and then do what we were doing and he wanted to be a spectator, only did not want his sunday ruined by the "media" if something went wrong.
Yup i think next time we plan proper and take the permission, so that its not interrupted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Hmmm why were we not informed about this OTR , i would have loved to join you guys . Khan sir very bad . but a good one though
Sorry again, as i said ^^^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
missed this one. I see that you folks enjoyed the OTR to best. photos please.
You were also missed!

Thank you! Finally i have some decent shots of DwArF's climb to figure out what happened, i was clueless inspite of recce in my mind before the climb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
When you see less than 15 vehicles in any event, it is clear that it was purely word-of-mouth planned event. Such events are never announced in advance and only the regulars who are on each other's phone contact list get intimated. Too many vehicles become unmanageable in unplanned events.

I see "I bought the jeep only for birding" man too in the photos. What happened to the big announcement about not offroading anymore?
True we need to have more offroad friendly public and locations so that this sport grows!

The bird spotter did manage to do some 4x4 but his jeep is too deadly at tow, and i will not be using his services anymore!! Too deadly he he

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Good fun Jaggu. Looks like you lucky guys have had some decent rain to turn the countryside lush green. We are still off by a few weeks here in Hyd. Nice to see you enjoying your Dwarf !
We were not sure, but the rains on sat evening gave us some hope. It was short but good fun, and yes DwArF is performing well, without any CJ3B tantrums. Just have to sort out that fuse issue and con rod bearings and then am set for now. All your advices helped!
Old 24th May 2010, 13:05   #22
BHPian

Dint think you guys had much fun, from what i heard from redliner , but the pics seems to tell a diff story. anyway .. now i am feeling bad i missed this one.

somehow that first slushy ditch+climb always gets the better of us.

Was that slush pit deeper this time? are the rocks on the left side of the incline still there? and the ditch i think gets deeper towards the right side, is it still like that?

i remember having been able to do it on my first pearl valley trip, but couldnt manage to do it the second trip.
if you enter the ditch too fast you will break your nose , and if you enter it too slow you will get helplessly bogged down.
Old 24th May 2010, 13:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

@Siddartha,

RL was cursing all around when we spent all that time at that slush!

He was looking forward to the next spot, which Khan and Prithvi had cleared and waiting for us, but Police drove us out before that. This added to his frustration.

@All,

Need to mention about Robinson and his vehicle. He was always there in the front to try out a spot. We all had some good laugh at his expense, poor chap!

The first time it was at the slush spot. The second time, he wanted to ride into the pit and got beached. This lead directly to a very very slushy spot which would have bogged his vehicle down completely. Thank God he got beached.
Old 24th May 2010, 13:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

My first OTR and yeah it was great fun except for the tragedy of being chased from one place to another when the fun was just beginning!!! Never the less, great photos Jaggu, where are the other folks with big cameras??!!! The 2nd place was very interesting with 2 craters which everone could conquer with decent driving skills.

Final words: These primitive looking 4x4's are something that I have brand new respect for, unbelievable how these crawl out of impossible looking terrain with such minimal effort, c'mon they almost seem to defy laws of physics some times. Yes, this is coming from a first timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Few minutes later i see wolf's jeep being towed out in reverse and parked in safe spot. Good show Sriraj
Jaggu, you really mean that??? I am surprised if you are!!! Meeting him for the first time, I thought he didnt know how to drive leave alone towing or more serious tasks. Who tows another vehicle at 30 kmph for close to 50 metres in zig zag motion knowing very well that the other vehicle is going backwards??? Was it being naughty??? I condemn it as it was highly unsafe for both of us in so many ways. You know what I am saying Jaggu...

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th May 2010 at 15:14. Reason: Alcohol mention strictly off the forum. thanks
Old 24th May 2010, 14:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
@Siddartha,

RL was cursing all around when we spent all that time at that slush!

who is RL? yes that one spot can take up a lot of time , esp if there are many vehicles.

actually the regular trail at pearl valley has only 2 obstacles, the slush pit+climb , and the other being the rocky climb a lil further down.

did the boys manage to find any new trail this time?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th May 2010 at 15:13. Reason: fixed quotes for better readability
Old 24th May 2010, 14:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

^^ Siddartha,

RL = RedLiner.

And no, no new trails found.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th May 2010 at 15:15. Reason: cleanup
Old 24th May 2010, 15:06   #27
BHPian

i can see the man behind that famous pit waiting at the last in the queue. or waiting to pull out others?
Old 24th May 2010, 15:21   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
Dint think you guys had much fun, from what i heard from redliner , but the pics seems to tell a diff story. anyway .. now i am feeling bad i missed this one.
==============
if you enter the ditch too fast you will break your nose , and if you enter it too slow you will get helplessly bogged down.
^^ Venky never got a chance so he will crib and yes thats exactly what i told others after i tasted it. Momentum but not speed, latter was the mistake i did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Jaggu, you really mean that??? I am surprised if you are!!! Meeting him for the first time, I thought he didnt know how to drive leave alone towing or more serious tasks. Who tows another vehicle at 30 kmph for close to 50 metres in zig zag motion knowing very well that the other vehicle is going backwards???
Hmm i think there was some misunderstanding between the tow and towee. He was trying to fish you out to a safe place where those tyres will work without sinking. Understand that the tow vehicle will have a tough time in those sand and only momentum will help it recover, zig zag is due to the slippery nature of the whole area.

If i remember correct he had told you to slot reverse and hold on till he finds a harder surface?? Anyways take it offline with him

ps: i dont think it was more than 15-20 kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
actually the regular trail at pearl valley has only 2 obstacles, the slush pit+climb , and the other being the rocky climb a lil further down.

did the boys manage to find any new trail this time?
Boys will have to reply that, they went from the first hill and later we spot them some 2-3 kms on the other rock, picture i posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
i can see the man behind that famous pit waiting at the last in the queue. or waiting to pull out others?
who is that?

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th May 2010 at 15:33.
Old 24th May 2010, 15:25   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Jaggu : Its a jeep and it will be tilted! But the pictures are misleading since both are slopes accentuating the tilt that DwArF has.
I think that's because of seeing too much weight on the right side .
Old 24th May 2010, 15:34   #30
Team-BHP Support

Actually yes and its not me Find out the answer for handsome prize money

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks