Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 18:51   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

You are getting sleepness nights!! Here I am getting dreams of all the fun that i'd be missing - consolation you'd be missing the Mughal Road.
Old 4th June 2010, 21:33   #107
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
the fun that i'd be missing
What do you think about a Himalayan offroad adventure?
Old 4th June 2010, 23:20   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

@DKG: Seriously that should be fun. Let me start a new thread for that over the week end.
Old 5th June 2010, 09:22   #109
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@DKG: Seriously that should be fun. Let me start a new thread for that over the week end.
I was just going to suggest we do that ! Lets make the Himalayan Adventure an annual offroad festival along with the Western Ghats Expedition
Old 6th June 2010, 13:21   #110
BHPian

Just got back from the AKC venue.

I have finalised the trail and i must say it is going to be fun as well as challenging!

It rained a little on thursday , so i hit the trail to sample the terrain when wet....i cross axled at the first obstacle and lost traction...got stuck but was soon out thanks to the hi lift jack.

Once the heavy rains start it's going to be awesome

A word of caution guys.

Please remove any side steps and anything you think is unnecessary,else it will become part of the terrain
Old 7th June 2010, 12:42   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

OT:
The Examm Thread details and confirmations here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...-end-june.html
Old 7th June 2010, 13:36   #112
Senior - BHPian

That should be great Kunal. Do you think another recce is needed maybe a few days before the event? You know how much the terrain can change just with another few showers. Some parts may also get harsh, or simply, submerged. A lot of participants are coming in and a through understanding of the trail imho, is imperative. Maybe a few experienced off roaders can go with you and chart out the trail properly. There are a huge number of entries. I would have gladly come with you for a recce (though i am yet unexperienced) but an not in town.
Old 7th June 2010, 14:28   #113
Senior - BHPian

IT IS RAINING LIKE CRAZY RIGHT NOW!!!

Sorry for shouting but I can't help getting excited about the possibilities of a wet and wild recce / OTR event!
Old 7th June 2010, 17:58   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
That should be great Kunal. Do you think another recce is needed maybe a few days before the event? You know how much the terrain can change just with another few showers. Some parts may also get harsh, or simply, submerged. A lot of participants are coming in and a through understanding of the trail imho, is imperative. Maybe a few experienced off roaders can go with you and chart out the trail properly. There are a huge number of entries. I would have gladly come with you for a recce (though i am yet unexperienced) but an not in town.
Hi Gogi

I see you are totally of the map, just when i wanted to see you and the CJ in action!

I actually feel we have done quite a few recces and i dont want to spoil the fun for anybody by letting the cat out of the bag.

The trail will be well marked so directions will not be an issue,also doing the trail more than once will not really help anyone to better cope with the obstacles, as you rightly pointed out it really depends on the amount of rain before the event.

some parts of the trail are low lying and part of small and large streams,so you can expect a good amount of fording.

I hope you will make it for the event!
Old 7th June 2010, 20:07   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
Hi Gogi

I see you are totally of the map, just when i wanted to see you and the CJ in action!

I actually feel we have done quite a few recces and i dont want to spoil the fun for anybody by letting the cat out of the bag.
Actually Kunal, I think Gogi is offering the opportunity to see two middle aged gentlemen with their middle aged cj3bs who are desperately in need for some practice to hone their rookie skills for AKC.

Could be a win win situation. They get the practice and you get the golden opportunity of non stop entertainment seeing two relics in action (pun intended)
Old 7th June 2010, 21:06   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Actually Kunal, I think Gogi is offering the opportunity to see two middle aged gentlemen with their middle aged cj3bs who are desperately in need for some practice to hone their rookie skills for AKC.

Could be a win win situation. They get the practice and you get the golden opportunity of non stop entertainment seeing two relics in action (pun intended)
It would be a pleasure to offroad with you guys! Just say when.
Old 7th June 2010, 21:58   #117
BHPian

How about some teaser pics after the rains of the trail.......too make everyones mouth water
Old 7th June 2010, 22:12   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
How about some teaser pics after the rains of the trail.......too make everyones mouth water
Sorry dude last weekend i was alone on the trail...so i did not get a chance to take any pictures.But trust me it's going to be a blast!
Old 8th June 2010, 03:20   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
Hi Gogi

The trail will be well marked so directions will not be an issue,also doing the trail more than once will not really help anyone to better cope with the obstacles, as you rightly pointed out it really depends on the amount of rain before the event.

some parts of the trail are low lying and part of small and large streams,so you can expect a good amount of fording.

I hope you will make it for the event!
yes bud, am quite off the map but returning in a couple of days and most definately am coming with the CJ. i was suggesting a recce only so that a few more people may get familiar with the terrain as then it wont be all on your shoulders to run everywhere with so many participants.

since we will be seeing some extensive water fording, would you and anyone else want to give out tips for us greeenhorns re water? The middle aged gent and me do have petrol driven CJs and water can play havoc if it enters the distributor, which is expected i might add.

looking forward to the AKC and the EXAMM events. Great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post

Middle Aged hogga tu!!!

Rightly said Soumya.
Old 8th June 2010, 06:43   #120
BHPian

Gogi You could cover the distributor with a plastic bag or alternately get your mechanic to us some white silicon sealent on the distributor housing and wire lead ends to prevent water getting in(dont know how feasible this will be as i am not familiar with the cj distributor design)

For the spark plug caps you can switch to the waterproof type which are available on the market.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks