Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 14:40   #16
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
It sounds like great fun but in reality might be too much.
Ideally if there is a lazing out day between the OTR's that would be perfect. Guys like me can take our annual vacation to factor in these days but most people may not be able to take time out. I am open to anything that's workable.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:45   #17
Team-BHP Support

^^ We are trying to do the BLR-Pune in 2 days and not in 1 day, to offset the impact of travel on man and machine ^^

How is the mechanic/garage support out there, ie if we need to do some stuff due to the long distance travel? Just to be on safe side.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:48   #18
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
^^ We are trying to do the BLR-Pune in 2 days and not in 1 day, to offset the impact of travel on man and machine ^^

How is the mechanic/garage support out there, ie if we need to do some stuff due to the long distance travel? Just to be on safe side.
Perhaps Vinod could alert the local Mahindra dealer to be ready for some quick assistance?
Old 26th May 2010, 14:55   #19
Team-BHP Support

Yup i guess apart from Spidey rest from BLR might be MM's. So parts and some assistance would be really good for the other 2 trails, apart from AKC. Just to be on safe side.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:00   #20
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So parts and some assistance would be really good for the other 2 trails, apart from AKC. Just to be on safe side.
Actually BD, Thar, Spike, Vinod and the service teams shouldn't miss Rajmachi fun either !!
Old 26th May 2010, 15:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Perhaps Vinod could alert the local Mahindra dealer to be ready for some quick assistance?
Quote:
Yup i guess apart from Spidey rest from BLR might be MM's. So parts and some assistance would be really good for the other 2 trails, apart from AKC. Just to be on safe side.
Kunal has a couple of his mechanics. Also i just got off the phone with Vinod. Mahindra will also have a team. Their set up will be same as the Bangalore one.

There is a local service station in lonavla where you can wash the grime off your vehicles. We will go and fix up good rates this saturday and ask them to be open till late. We will also approach a few other petrol pumps in lonavla so that the turn around time decreases.

The same exercise will be repeated in Sawarsi.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 26th May 2010 at 15:03. Reason: typo
Old 26th May 2010, 15:09   #22
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Tejas your recommendations on stay options? Pune/Lonavla?
Old 26th May 2010, 15:10   #23
Team-BHP Support

Yup such details would really come in handy since its series of events. And Tejas hope you have given some thought on medical assistance/first aid stuff also.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:13   #24
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hope you have given some thought on medical assistance/first aid stuff also.
good idea. I now see a tiny tiny market for a 4x4 ambulance
Old 26th May 2010, 15:15   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Tejas your recommendations on stay options? Pune/Lonavla?
One of our friends, goes by the name SunChaser here (owns a Kaiser) has a resort in lonavla. We are meeting him this weekend and are trying to find options. If he let's us camp out in his resort or give us rooms at a good rate, then nothing like it.

We are also going to see if we can hire multiple bungalows.

Camping at the Rajmachi site itself is not possible.

Once we finish our this weekend recces at lonavla and sawarsi, we should have a much clearer idea.

EDIT:

Yes Jaggu. We have Jonga for ambulance services, i will take car of dental injuries and mohan for medical emergencies.

On a serious note, yes, we have planned to talk to local public health centers. This is primary, don't worry.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 26th May 2010 at 15:25. Reason: see edit
Old 26th May 2010, 15:39   #26
Team-BHP Support

I wanted to recommend your service but then you will busy getting your hands filled with muck lol. Yes i meant some basic stuff, as long as people listen and follow instructions, things will be under control.

Maybe getting a megaphone for shouting is a good idea
Old 26th May 2010, 15:42   #27
BHPian

@Tejas,kunal,Allan,Devang,Vinod

There are too many things to be handled including the timings ,staying arrangement,recovery vehicles ,emergency handling etc...
It is difficult to do everything by your self.
I would request you to put up various Job headings ,so that members would volunteer to get each thing done ,so that not only can it be done faster without causing a strain on a few members but we wouldnt forget to do anything.

For instance I would take up the Sawarsai Venue arrangement with a meeting with the locals ,authority and Forest department.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:45   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
as long as people listen and follow instructions, things will be under control.

Maybe getting a megaphone for shouting is a good idea
Isnt ARKA coming?
Old 26th May 2010, 16:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

I do the BOM - BLR - MAA route very often by car, bike, gypsy so here is my take

Thursday - Day 1: Start from BLR early am. Breakfast at Rannebennur Ghar Dhaba. Lunch at Hubli. Dinner at Pune. Stay at Sayaji Resort on NH4 itself. Fantastic resort. Cheaper options available but this place is FUN and RIGHT on the highway.

Friday morning: Relax, get the vehicles sorted and checked. Head to Alfa Kilo.

Bangalore to Pune is EASY in 1 day. I have done Bangalore to Mumbai in the Gypsy with comfort in 1 day. 6:00am to 9:00pm. if you start earlier then you will be able to reach Pune in time for tea at 5:00pm. Plenty of time to rest.

Last edited by gsferrari : 26th May 2010 at 16:12.
Old 26th May 2010, 16:52   #30
BHPian

i second staying at lonavala on thursday
the weather will be perfect
reduces the morning drive time also, so less fatigue
this weekend we will check all rates and get the best deal
we basically need rooms to crash and bathe, nothing too fancy cause youl wont be there for too long,

question is, will the outstation gang be staying on sunday after the sawarsi trail, if yes accomadation will have to be checked
if youll will be driving from the trail itself, then not needed
i would highly recomend checking into a place, bathing, getting some sleep and then pushing off
in this case, mohan , we need to search for a place around sawarsi, or they can head to the same hotel wherever they stayed in lonaval
this way we will get a better deal, better weather and reduced drive time for the next day
sorry if im repeating anything, just typing as im thinking
NOW EVEN IM EXCITED
BD sir, i recommend a thar for the chennai guys

and regarding fatiugue
since youll are travelling such a long distance, three days of offroading should not be that bad, we will crash earlier
and im looking into getting the red bull women as well

rajmachi, biryani, re bull, red bull women, cold weather, IM SOUGHTED

khan saab il exchange the real tent story for a drive in spidey
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks