16 inch wheels , 285 size tyres, good year wrangler mudterrain,
britpart lift kit. roll cage,
and whole lot of other goodies

for more info
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...nder-90-a.html
Old 16th June 2010, 08:28   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

NOTE:
Chennai, delhi, pune and bangalore people. Please submit the forms. I see you guys all the time on teambhp and facebook. So spare a few moments and send in entries and photos!
Old 16th June 2010, 10:42   #63
BHPian

Recce

Some glimpses of the paper setters at work for the EXAMM

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p1090482.jpg

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p1090486.jpg

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p1090490.jpg

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p1090510.jpg

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p1090542.jpg

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p1090559.jpg

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p1090564.jpg

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p1090561.jpg

Any more and I will be accused of conducting a sting operation to leak the paper...

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p1090494.jpg
Old 16th June 2010, 11:49   #64
Senior - BHPian

whats that insect in the last pic? Looks like scorpion baby served with mayo

Seriously - hope the examiner's checked out for some anti-venom/insect-bite medicine stock.
Old 16th June 2010, 13:01   #65
Senior - BHPian

What are the final locations of this outing? Where at Karjat is the place youll plan to go?
In case the Location is still fluid, why dont youll tie up with Automission Rally School to use their track/area, they wont charge too much, but you have a private area to play around in. Last I heard was their track is looking Very Good!

Last edited by scooby05 : 16th June 2010 at 13:10.
Old 18th June 2010, 18:42   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
NOTE:
Chennai, delhi, pune and bangalore people. Please submit the forms. I see you guys all the time on teambhp and facebook. So spare a few moments and send in entries and photos!
Its not fair to spy on us like this...dont you have teeth to fill and grounds to dig up
Old 21st June 2010, 16:08   #67
Senior - BHPian

Guys I will be joining in with you guys on Friday Morning. I presume all will not be going in on Thursday evening, therefore i have a plan. Let us all gather at Sion Circle or at Dadar at my place at 5:00 a.m. whichever is convenient to all. I propose we leave at 5:30 am latest if we are to reach Lonavala at a decent time and start the OTR by 8:00am. I in any case will be leaving by 5:30 am latest. En route, participants who are situated along Sion, Chembur, New Bombay etc may join the convoy.

I propose to take the Express Highway. We should not take more than 1:45 hrs to reach Lonavala doing maximum speeds of 80-90km/hr. I suggest we stick to the convoy, there will be a lead Jeep and and trailing Jeep to make sure no one is left behind or has a breakdown.

Convoy leaves Dadar at 05:15 am to reach Sion at 05:25am. Leaves Sion at 05:30 am to reach Chembur by 05:45 am where Genesis and Prasad and a few others will join in.

Dont forget your;

1) Raincoats/windcheaters

2) All weather shoes

3) A can of WD 40 (most imp for petrol powered jeeps)

4) Protective covering for head against rain (hood/cap/hat)

5) Enough water

6) Protective eyewear (sun glasses, specs etc)

7) Hand Sanitizer

Suggestions please??!!
Old 21st June 2010, 16:22   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
...stuff deleted...
doing maximum speeds of 80-90km/hr.
...stuff deleted...
Suggestions please??!!
The words of the bold and the brave!

I think the CJ may reach 80kmph but will it stop is the question.
I think max speed of 60 in the rains will suffice. But yes, the timings look fine.

The Navi Mumbai meeting point should be the same Palm Beach road under the bridge after the turn off from the highway.

I need to by a raincoat and rubber boots. GS any suggestions?
Old 21st June 2010, 16:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

@ Organisers: I'll be leaving Hyderabad by about 9 PM Thursday and will arrive by 6 AM on Friday. Please let me know where am I supposed to come in Lonavla.

Also as per the list posted by V-16, how important is a rubber boot and Rain coat for spectator?

Please advise

Last edited by MileCruncher : 21st June 2010 at 16:39.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:53   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@ Organisers: I'll be leaving Hyderabad by about 9 PM Thursday and will arrive by 6 AM on Friday. Please let me know where am I supposed to come in Lonavla.

Also as per the list posted by V-16, how important is a rubber boot and Rain coat for spectator?

Please advise
Consider it as one of the most important things on your list..
Old 21st June 2010, 17:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
The words of the bold and the brave!

I think the CJ may reach 80kmph but will it stop is the question.
I think max speed of 60 in the rains will suffice. But yes, the timings look fine.

The Navi Mumbai meeting point should be the same Palm Beach road under the bridge after the turn off from the highway.
Sir, thats why i suggested we leave at the crack of dawn. Less cars, more track to try the CJ's capability. But i do agree that once we reach the specified speed, how do we stop the damn thing??

Quote:
I need to by a raincoat and rubber boots. GS any suggestions?
That reminds me GS, i will need that face mask (or whatever you call it) you had worn on the recce to Karjat and promised me one too
Duckback is a name that comes to mind, for raincoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

Please advise
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
Consider it as one of the most important things on your list..
You have your answer Milecruncher...Thanks Mohan!!
Old 21st June 2010, 17:45   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Apologies for the thread being dormant for a while. I was in goa for a friend's wedding and the other extreme offroaders were busy as well.

Anyways, back to the topic:

Gogi, your plan sounds good. We'll put up our final meeting points, time, etc by tomorrow.

MC, passengers will have to get off at dangerous obstacles and also may need to act as spotters. Rubber boots / ankle length boots a must.

I'm putting up a comprehensive list in a while.

In the meanwhile, some snaps from the last recce (friday) at lonavla:
Attached Thumbnails
The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p6180328.jpg  

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p6180336.jpg  

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p6180304.jpg  

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p6180313.jpg  

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p6180307.jpg  

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p6180310.jpg  

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p6180312.jpg  

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p6180315.jpg  

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p6180321.jpg  

The Extremeoffroaders Annual Monsoon Mania (EXAMM)! Maharashtra in End June-p6180322.jpg  

Old 21st June 2010, 17:46   #73
BHPian

Everybody collectively pray for rains as it seems to be playing truant at this time!
Old 21st June 2010, 17:57   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, pray for rains.

The lonavla trail in short:

Starts with a scenic drive to the meeting point. Head out to the trail and do a little mild offroading in between to get into the groove. Reach the trail. Has climbs and descents, ruts, etc which are all slushy. Reach the flat mud plain for the mega slush bath that everyone is waiting for. The final push homewards is one mother of a climb that a mudzilla jeep found difficult in scanty rain. It's all slipping and sliding. The classic in the pics just could not do it with regular footwear. More rains and it's going to be crazy. It took 2 jeeps nearly 4 hours to complete the trail!

Satan, gyspies beware! hahahahaha
Old 21st June 2010, 21:08   #75
BHPian

That, we shall see .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks