Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 12:50   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Here are your pics Rustom. Calling Rustom. MseeBsee!!

Sadly, these are all I have. will post Neville's and Burjis's Pics later.
Thanks Cyrus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
On Behalf of Abhimanyu Singh's family and the AKC team.

Rustom you had guts to cross the stream which quickly turned into a fast flowing river after the downpour,not many would have done that.
Well Kunal... Thanks for the compliment. Here's the video of the river in fury just before I crossed it

Old 29th June 2010, 13:39   #62
Senior - BHPian

Loving every word, every picture on this thread. Big congrats to everyone on the grand success. Along with everyone a big thank to Team-bhp for binding us all together.
Old 29th June 2010, 13:52   #63
BHPian

Wow the Videos are great keep them coming guys!

Does anybody have anymore videos after the downpour and just before?
Old 29th June 2010, 19:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

What an event!!

Kunal, Huda, Mr. Singh and all those who had a hand in conceptualizing, organizing and seeing this mega event through, very well done!!

I had a chance to meet Kunal for the first AKC recce which was done in smoldering heat. I saw him as a committed no nonsense guy who spoke few words and knew what he was doing. Keep it up bro.

I recognized some of the terrain even though it has dramatically changed due to the monsoons

You guys are super. Excellent co ordination, and what a great trail. This was like a Bollywood thriller, it had everything; chills, thrills, heat, danger, in fact everything that can make an outdoor freak like me go gaga.

I had the chance to meet so many people and get close to them. The camaraderie that i experienced during the event was super.

Kunal and team, i think you have set a very high benchmark now for future events.

I will have a full report with pictures and videos ready and will post it shortly. In the meanwhile Kunal, Family and friends, take a bow!! Keep it up. Im sure Abhimanyu is watching over all this with a smile on his face. Rest in peace Abhimanyu!!

Last edited by V-16 : 29th June 2010 at 19:12.
Old 29th June 2010, 20:15   #65
BHPian

@kunal

Me and my friends had stayed at Karjat the night prior to AKC near Kadav in a friend's farmhouse.
To our great disappointment we could not attend the AKC as we had to do a lot of work at the Sawarsai trail.
We did this as we received some feedback from people who did the 1st day of EXAMM.
We were pretty sure that if we did indulge in the thrills and excitement of the AKC the Sawarsai trail would have been left neglected.

Kunal I hope we could do this trail one more time soon as it hurts to see all the fun we missed by being in the position of " thankless unofficial organizers" of the Sawarsai trail.

If only we had half "the organizational skill" of the official organizers we could very well have been at the AKC ,clicking our own photos and videos and "writing off" our reports.

Last edited by mohan : 29th June 2010 at 20:17.
Old 29th June 2010, 20:41   #66
BHPian

Hey Kunal/Hudha thanks so much for puting together such a great event. Loved it.
This was the first time i got to put my jeep in 4x4 mode not knowing how it would perform and to my surprise it did well.

Had a great time man.
Old 29th June 2010, 20:51   #67
BHPian

The AKC was beautifully executed. The heavy rains made it even better.

KUNAL was just amazing, the sheer energy this man has is commendable, he was going up and down the trail countless number of times in the rain, thru the obstacles and thru the water . His spotting/instructions were very confidence inspiring.

Many thanks to kunal for letting us bangalore boys (along with gogi and jigi) do the first trail even after everyone else had finished it and for sending one of his boys to show us the way.

And... to have such a trail starting from the backyard of one's farm house ... IS JUST AWESOME!!!

And also sharath, even though his jeep wasnt around , he was there at the water crossings all the time spotting for everyone.

@redliner - you need to publicly apologise to the organisers for giving them a hard time by screwing up with our names in the entry forms.

Last edited by siddartha : 29th June 2010 at 20:52.
Old 29th June 2010, 21:19   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
What an event!!

Kunal, Huda, Mr. Singh and all those who had a hand in conceptualizing, organizing and seeing this mega event through, very well done!!

I had a chance to meet Kunal for the first AKC recce which was done in smoldering heat. I saw him as a committed no nonsense guy who spoke few words and knew what he was doing. Keep it up bro.

I recognized some of the terrain even though it has dramatically changed due to the monsoons

You guys are super. Excellent co ordination, and what a great trail. This was like a Bollywood thriller, it had everything; chills, thrills, heat, danger, in fact everything that can make an outdoor freak like me go gaga.

I had the chance to meet so many people and get close to them. The camaraderie that i experienced during the event was super.

Kunal and team, i think you have set a very high benchmark now for future events.

I will have a full report with pictures and videos ready and will post it shortly. In the meanwhile Kunal, Family and friends, take a bow!! Keep it up. Im sure Abhimanyu is watching over all this with a smile on his face. Rest in peace Abhimanyu!!
Thanks Gogi!
I think what really made the event super was the fact we all came together to what i like to call the "off road club of india" and pulled it off together, i really saw some good driving skills and real guts which reinforced the fact that the man is always greater than the machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
Me and my friends had stayed at Karjat the night prior to AKC near Kadav in a friend's farmhouse.
To our great disappointment we could not attend the AKC as we had to do a lot of work at the Sawarsai trail.
We did this as we received some feedback from people who did the 1st day of EXAMM.
We were pretty sure that if we did indulge in the thrills and excitement of the AKC the Sawarsai trail would have been left neglected.

Kunal I hope we could do this trail one more time soon as it hurts to see all the fun we missed by being in the position of " thankless unofficial organizers" of the Sawarsai trail.

If only we had half "the organizational skill" of the official organizers we could very well have been at the AKC ,clicking our own photos and videos and "writing off" our reports.
I am really sorry that you guys could not participate,we really wanted to see you at the event, you were one of the guys who came to the last Akc recce which happened at night, you would have really had a ball.

As for doing the trail again, that would not be possible right now as i am out of india this whole month and more importantly we had to deal with some locals on sunday after everybody left.

I am asking everybody not to attempt doing the trail right now as it is sensitive issue with the locals right now.

Dont worry mohan i still have a few reserve trails up my sleeve! We can all Plan a good OTR sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
Hey Kunal/Hudha thanks so much for puting together such a great event. Loved it.
This was the first time i got to put my jeep in 4x4 mode not knowing how it would perform and to my surprise it did well.

Had a great time man.
You were great! loved the fact that you did not back down anywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
The AKC was beautifully executed. The heavy rains made it even better.

KUNAL was just amazing, the sheer energy this man has is commendable, he was going up and down the trail countless number of times in the rain, thru the obstacles and thru the water . His spotting/instructions were very confidence inspiring.

Many thanks to kunal for letting us bangalore boys (along with gogi and jigi) do the first trail even after everyone else had finished it and for sending one of his boys to show us the way.

And... to have such a trail starting from the backyard of one's farm house ... IS JUST AWESOME!!!

And also sharath, even though his jeep wasnt around , he was there at the water crossings all the time spotting for everyone.

@redliner - you need to publicly apologise to the organisers for giving them a hard time by screwing up with our names in the entry forms.
No problem , we could not let you guys go home unhappy

My only regret was due to the late start in the morning , everybody could not finish the whole trail because of fading light.

Last edited by motocamp : 29th June 2010 at 21:24.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:16   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post

All your efforts are appreciated Doc, with the previous Sawarsi trail , the alibaug one and this one , you have worked your *** off for them , I ve thanked you in the nEXXIM thread. So u may be un official not thankless.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:47   #70
Senior - BHPian

Mohan Sir,

You know what, everyone who has attended the OTR knows for a fact that you headed back to get the Sawarsi Trail up and running to make every man and machine enjoy it.

Even though i was not part of the Alibag OTR, i have heard and seen from the snaps the amount of hard work you carried out.

Official or Un Official, Sir, you are a guy who is dedicated to the core and always trying to get everything to be the best. No doubts on that.
You Rock!!!

Cheers,
Raj
Old 29th June 2010, 23:25   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
What an event!!

I do agree with Gogi Bhai, I met and spoke Abhimanyu Da few times. He always wanted to promote Offroading/
Hatsoff to Kunal & Ajit Kaka Saheb, You have really set banchmark.
My heartliest wishes to you.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 29th June 2010, 23:30   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Too bad i could not interact with Abhimanyu's family. Please pass on my regards to them kunal.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 29th June 2010 at 23:43. Reason: changed post
Old 30th June 2010, 07:30   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Too bad i could not interact with Abhimanyu's family. Please pass on my regards to them kunal.
No problem tejas everybody was busy with something or the other including you , I will do that, And there is always next year!
Old 30th June 2010, 07:49   #74
BHPian

kunal , great job done by you your family and most of all alfa kilos Family ,
it requires great emotional strength to be there in a event which their loved one liked and enjoyed the most , will be there for the AKC next year .My jeep will be prepered by then.
Congratulations to all the Members who enjoyed the trail and for making the event a great sucess
Old 30th June 2010, 08:58   #75
BHPian

Guys please upload the pictures and Videos you may have ,for the benefit of the community.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks