Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 09:29   #76
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a massive but well organized event. Great to see so many jeepers in action with their machines. A perfect tribute to a passionate & die-hard jeeper
Old 30th June 2010, 12:48   #77
BHPian

These are a few more pictures i was able to get of face book.

You can see the river crossing shot from above, this was the incline leading down to the river bed.The white cj3b is Gogi's being winched backwards out of the flowing water, the water was as high as his bonnet and hitting the windscreen at one point.
Attached Thumbnails
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc9.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc10.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc11.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc12.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc13.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc14.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc15.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc16.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc17.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc18.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc19.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akc20.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akcriver.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-akcriver1.jpg  

Old 30th June 2010, 13:00   #78
Senior - BHPian

Masti time Human Snorkel
Attached Thumbnails
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-63.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-64.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 30th June 2010, 13:24   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the finest natural trails I have done and Kunal, many people have mentioned it before also but let me say again: Your organization was BRILLIANT and you were everywhere, looking after things. Hat's off to you and a zillion thank you to you, your family & friends.

I had a super duper time and look forward to the next year gain...
Old 30th June 2010, 13:53   #80
BHPian

Dear Kunal,
It was an amazing trail. Very well organised with lot of maturity. Thanks to the warm hospitality by your family, we were very comfortable. It was indeed worth comming all the way from Bangalore. Looking forward for the next year's event. Thanks again
Suresh
Old 30th June 2010, 13:56   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
One of the finest natural trails I have done and Kunal, many people have mentioned it before also but let me say again: Your organization was BRILLIANT and you were everywhere, looking after things. Hat's off to you and a zillion thank you to you, your family & friends.

I had a super duper time and look forward to the next year gain...
Encore! This was by far the best organized event that I have ever experienced! In-spite of the large turn out and the complexity of the trails, the event started and ended on time!
Old 30th June 2010, 14:19   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
...You can see the river crossing shot from above, this was the incline leading down to the river bed.The white cj3b ...
The CJ3B seems to have tried going upstream, I mean against the flow of the water . Very risky I think, no? The bow wave height would be doubled, and it is a petrol Jeep,so more chances of engine going off due to water in the carb/electrical system.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:28   #83
Team-BHP Support

Every vehicle was going against the flow of water, that was the route.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:37   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Every vehicle was going against the flow of water, that was the route.
The only clarification I would make, is that the water was not supposed to flow that high and that fast that soon

But that last stretch was definitely the 'high'light of the trail.

I am glad I had a seasoned Samurai by my side as the CJ3Bs continued the charge of the light brigade!
Old 30th June 2010, 15:07   #85
Team-BHP Support

Actually it was lot higher and faster when the rains were still on. My salutations to drivers who did it then.

You did some fantastic driving Soumya, the river followed by the rocky hills in complete darkness. While you were midway in the steam challenge, you also towed out a Gypsy stuck in the river.

Last edited by Samurai : 30th June 2010 at 15:10.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:56   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
You did some fantastic driving Soumya, the river followed by the rocky hills in complete darkness. While you were midway in the steam challenge, you also towed out a Gypsy stuck in the river.
Except for splashing at the exit at Sawarsai on the way out of the trail.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:46   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
The CJ3B seems to have tried going upstream, I mean against the flow of the water . Very risky I think, no? The bow wave height would be doubled, and it is a petrol Jeep,so more chances of engine going off due to water in the carb/electrical system.
As Samurai said, that was the trail and the water was not supposed to be that high. Yes it really poured buckets in the preceding 30 minutes, when most of us cam down the deadly decline to reach this crossing. WHikle i was still crossing i saw the landing ahead where the other vehicles had parked after the crossing, disappear and quickly, thats the time i realised that the water level was rising and dramatically fast. Any and all attempts to get the CJ forward were being foiled by the water and the force was so great that my CJ was being pushed backwards, inspite of me revving it forward. By that time the water level was almost at the bonnet. I realised that now i must get to firm ground (even if it were underwater) and kill the engine before the water levels rise higher. I reversed a few inches and placed the Jeep at a very slight slant. It was not being pushed back now but the levels were rising. I killed the engine and began to enjoy the moment. The Jeep was safe, i was safe and the water by now had touched the windscreen.

The pic was taken during the last stages of the winching operation. See the water level here to imagine how much deeper it could have been upfront

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-p6260372.jpg

Soon out of no where, Nishant, Vinay and a whole bunch of others jumped in the water to reassure me. I think they would have been relieved to see me smiling and enjoying the moment. I also heard someone shout "Saala paagal to nahi ho gaya, what are you smiling
at?"

The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered!-p6260376.jpg

Thanks to the Mahindra recovery team along with Arka Jaggu, and Vijay for fishing me out and immediately getting the CJ running. It did cross the path a short while later to complete the trail with Jaggu and Sharath expertly guiding me along the path and out of the next river crossing, all in the dark. Thanks a lot guys!!

We were later told that the flash floods could have been due to one of the crude/makeshift/temporary dams built above which had given way. This is the only reason i could figure out as right as i could see the high land in front of me when crossing disappear real fast as the water level rose.

I will have that in my report, just hang on for some time. Thanks you Nishant, Vinay, Arka, Vijay, Jaggu and all others who were at my side.

Well thats the story, from the horses mouth.

Last edited by V-16 : 30th June 2010 at 16:56. Reason: adding pics
Old 30th June 2010, 16:59   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
It did cross the path a short while later to complete the trail with Jaggu and Sharath expertly guiding me along the path and out of the next river crossing, all in the dark. Thanks a lot guys!!
Gogi, I don't think it was me. Although I was at the middle point of the river for hours, I left just before you crossed since Soumya wanted a passenger in his Jeep.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:18   #89
BHPian

Some moreVideos

There's Satan.. AKA Neville

Here's Burgess
Old 30th June 2010, 17:32   #90
Senior - BHPian

Just hooked on here. I would rate this as the most challenging off road event on a natural terrain in India yet, the rain played a special role in making it more exclusive.

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 30th June 2010 at 17:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks