Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 08:40   #31
BANNED

Hi, Gang & Santosh particularly , What a well knit & tight Group !.The passion you people have is unparallal . My salute.
Santosh you are a lucky guy , you mom watching you all the way & dad too. I have never seen anything like this before. I wish I had that luck .
Want to ask one Q. Is your Dad also an off roader ? as one can see ,he is watching everything keenly. amazing .
My dad(80) is a complete no no to my hobbies & for my mother it took years for her just to know that ,what I am doing is something different.Now when she started to value my work , her movements are restricted because of her age (75)
Anyway, you are so lucky , this is going to be with you as long as you live.
One more word , take it seriously, there should be some kind of extra protection when the elderly are enjoying an offroad ride.
Please think about seat belts, some kind of door strap (protection against falling off) etc.
With my best wishes
Yours Sudarshan
Old 6th July 2010, 10:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Dude you messed up Santosh's name (look up) and my name in the below post no 10
HEHEHEHE , Hmmm dude i may have got the spelling wrong but it sounds the same . imagine my name with a J instead of a G sounds really really bad right ()
Old 6th July 2010, 11:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Hi, Gang & Santosh particularly , What a well knit & tight Group !.The passion you people have is unparallal . My salute.
Santosh you are a lucky guy , you mom watching you all the way & dad too. I have never seen anything like this before. I wish I had that luck .
Want to ask one Q. Is your Dad also an off roader ? as one can see ,he is watching everything keenly. amazing .
My dad(80) is a complete no no to my hobbies & for my mother it took years for her just to know that ,what I am doing is something different.Now when she started to value my work , her movements are restricted because of her age (75)
Anyway, you are so lucky , this is going to be with you as long as you live.
One more word , take it seriously, there should be some kind of extra protection when the elderly are enjoying an offroad ride.
Please think about seat belts, some kind of door strap (protection against falling off) etc.
With my best wishes
Yours Sudarshan
Thank you Sudarshan...as you rightly mentioned "Pure passion" nothing else that drives us. Plus we dont have the disadvantage of having to patronize/bully anyone in this group, we are all the same and will try remaining this way for as long as we can.....20 OTRs down the line too may be

Im gonna let Santosh respond to the rest of your comments but for one I can say his Parents are ardent offroaders, with their fine judgement and foresight, purely gained through experience. Especially, uncle can tell you exactly where you will lose your bumper cladding or have a belly scraping. He has got one hell of a haw eye I wouldnt forget to mention one more thing here, aunty kinda foresaw that we might lose some water, salts and sugar half way through the OTR so she promptly bought us all a container full of laddoos, water et al. What else do we need yaar, AWESOME!!!!!!! My heartfelt gratitude to them...

@Sugan: You are right "Sujan" sounds like something else......swelling 'Soojan' in hindi, LOL!!!!!

Last edited by The Wolf : 6th July 2010 at 11:22.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I even see an old lady in the Jeep. Detailed report please.
Yes, as you may know now, its my Mum (56)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
This was my second OTR and the best one ....indeed Arul made few obstacles look easier that too with those balded out rear tyres and highway front tyres . We almost covered around 8 KMS of tremendous terrain . Broke my Gypsy's right rear portion of the bumper though
Thanks Sugan.

Everytime I did something 'which I thought was challenging' - there comes Schumi with his baldies and makes me look DUD...!!! Duh - I better find a more challenging place to show him that balded-retreaded tyres cant do proper OTR's!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
..Santosh...1 i never knew you could write this well
Thanks...

Quote:
Me giving the rock surface a shot under the guidance of His Highness "Sri Santosh". NDMS at 20psi, not as bad as thought...got on top with ease.
I am as mortal as any of you guys are. Please dont embarrass me..!!

20Psi was way TOOO high for your 7" 12Ply NDMS - next time whereever you go to, please try 15. Your tyres are HARD as a ROCK and even without a tube, you can safely crawl back home without damage to RIMS/Tyres....!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_bbr View Post
Santosh's camera had 912 pics taken from it on that day ?
Ganee, only 10% of those are enough to tell a story, in fact, in less than 90Pics, I completed the report. But - hey thx for using my camera to the full extent. Lets go there again just for a photo shoot, last time I saw some rare birds there... (I saw a Owl with a wing span of AtLeast 4feet..!!)

Quote:
Excellent OTR guys, this is the perfect vehicle count and location for an enjoyable event. However, it is always good to have at least one winch equipped vehicle.
Thanks again. I agree - Yes, Winch is important, just because this place is max-1Km from a tractor on hire, I am taking this risk - else, a big no-no...!!

Quote:
I am planning a night OTR...
What?? Hmm. Come to think of it, what better place to do the unknown in a known place, max eventuality will be to ditch the jeeps, walk back home and come next morning to tow them out... lets talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Naicee! Excellent terrain and great report!
Right time to do Hosur when sun is not at its burning best
Thanks Jaggu. Sun spared us till 1PM. Post that, last 2 hours we got baked...!!

Quote:
Hmm, why do you disagree with my view? What did I say wrong?
He agreed with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Hi, Gang & Santosh particularly , What a well knit & tight Group

Anyway, you are so lucky , this is going to be with you as long as you live. One more word , take it seriously, there should be some kind of extra protection when the elderly are enjoying an offroad ride.Please think about seat belts, some kind of door strap (protection against falling off) etc.
-thanks a lot...

-Yes, deep down I am thinking they are just like us. Need a break from the mundane lives we go thru... So, something that excites them, gives mind blowing stress-buster effect. Mum is a insomniac (sleep deptived) - the days she slogs out with me, she sleeps like hell and 'all izz well'...!!

- hehe, dad cant drive any fuel-powered automobile. His best was a bi-cycle. But he was involved with automobile industry all his life, and being a mech-engineer, his hawk eye is bound to be so...

-probably becoz dad used to carry home design drawings of clutch assys, sometimes carry the whole (truck's) 2to3 feet dia-35-40Kg Clutch assy, get his hands dirty, et all - he feels connected every time I visit the mech, sits patiently thru every mech job. Mom sees no change in the house hold, earlier dad used to mess the loft's with scrap - now I do...

-I agree with you. Safety is in mind all the time, but not getting funds easily. Pucca Roll cage and seats with belts are on the priority list. Pray it happens soon.

Quote:
aunty kinda foresaw that we might lose some water, salts and sugar half way through the OTR so she promptly bought us all a container full of laddoos
Dude(s), dont kill me now - she even had poori's (with chutney/pickle) - in her bag. She estimated that it wont be enough for all of us, so never took it out...!!

Last edited by svsantosh : 6th July 2010 at 12:18.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:54   #35
BHPian

Hey Santosh ,

I couldnt join this time. Will surely join the next one. My Jeep is not yet ready. Can you believe that the Mech has misplaced the keys and he is not able to find it.

Man it is very frustrating and disturbing.

Babu
Old 6th July 2010, 13:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post

Dude(s), dont kill me now - she even had poori's (with chutney/pickle) - in her bag. She estimated that it wont be enough for all of us, so never took it out...!!
Poori with chutney and pickle and it didnt come out, what you saying man?!!!? So what if it was a bit less, you couldve given it to people who came from the farthest distance, thats me and Naved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
Hey Santosh ,

I couldnt join this time. Will surely join the next one. My Jeep is not yet ready. Can you believe that the Mech has misplaced the keys and he is not able to find it.

Babu
Now this is what Ive been highlighting in some of my others posts in regard to the kinda mechanics we have around...

Take it easy and scout for another mech dude, keep scouting till you find one who can be really relied on. I am doing the same...

p.s: which area in Blore are you based out of?
Old 6th July 2010, 14:02   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Santosh ,

Babu
Babujee, he misplaced my keys also. Remove the ignition assy and he will take it to a guy in Indiranagar and have keys made for it. Costs about 200/300 bucks. But I intend to change this assy once my jeep is sorted. Someone else having your keys is just not on.

Very IRRITATING. He keeps that garage open for all and sundry to walk in and walk away with anything that is there. He left my keys in the vehicle overnight and some kid has flicked it. I hate that drunkard Manjunath who keeps hanging around there and tries to help. I just blasted Raju one day when this guy took the rear bumper of my scorpio and kept in in the gujili heap instead of keeping it back into my car

Best not to leave the jeep there for such an extended period like you have Babu. Take it back home if you are not getting work done for whatever reason (money/spares/time). Or get it done quick and move out. Some cats have made babies in your jeep.
Old 6th July 2010, 14:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I couldnt join this time. Will surely join the next one. My Jeep is not yet ready. Can you believe that the Mech has misplaced the keys and he is not able to find it...
Ada - missed your jeep. Was really hoping your jeep would be ready on the sat morning. Cant believe our dear mech is into this mess.

Quote:
....you couldve given it to people who came from the farthest distance, thats me and Naved ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
....Some cats have made babies in your jeep.
OT - Cats 'making' kittens on a mountain goat
Old 6th July 2010, 15:06   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No Sharath, I said "I couldnt agree with you any lesser" which means I agree with you completely. You read me wrong I guess!
Oh ok, but your wording was confusing. More here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post1968925 (A YetiGuide® : How To Post In Proper English)
Old 6th July 2010, 20:09   #40
BHPian

Good that Hosur is becomming a very nice spot for 4x4 excursions, Hope all the babies had an adventurous day out. Glad that my brother Karthik had joined the party.

Will try to join the outing next time to experience the 4x4 magics, looking forward to see more.
Thanks Santhosh.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Babujee, he misplaced my keys also. Remove the ignition assy and he will take it to a guy in Indiranagar and have keys made for it. Costs about 200/300 bucks. But I intend to change this assy once my jeep is sorted. Someone else having your keys is just not on.

Very IRRITATING. He keeps that garage open for all and sundry to walk in and walk away with anything that is there. He left my keys in the vehicle overnight and some kid has flicked it. I hate that drunkard Manjunath who keeps hanging around there and tries to help. I just blasted Raju one day when this guy took the rear bumper of my scorpio and kept in in the gujili heap instead of keeping it back into my car

Best not to leave the jeep there for such an extended period like you have Babu. Take it back home if you are not getting work done for whatever reason (money/spares/time). Or get it done quick and move out. Some cats have made babies in your jeep.
Yes man. I will be takin it off this week. i have already made a new key for the vehicle . I never expected it to be there for such a long time. I miss her so much. I was in a fix as the spare i was looking was not available. Anyway have learnt it the hardwar as I have learnt all other lessons. Life is like that man. nothing comes easy.
Old 7th July 2010, 18:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you guys had a blast.

Santosh, do PM me the next time you guys meeting. Would love to try this trail. Lovely pics and videos.

OT - Babu-saaree - I know your jeep has been parked there for a very long time for wider axles - however so long that a Cat made it its home. WOW!

Quote:
Some cats have made babies in your jeep.
Like venkat said.. take the assembly and get spares made, if you don't have a spare.

Heck its a jeep tell Raju to hotwire it for now and drive it out of there.
Old 7th July 2010, 18:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Santosh, do PM me the next time you guys meeting. Would love to try this trail
Next weekend? 17 or 18th july? There is one unexplored stretch and one known-but-not tried (in this thread). Let me know if interested, you can bring along anyone who wants to... - Open invite.

Most Viewed