Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2010, 13:44   #91
BHPian

Good to hear it was a Good day .

Any pictures folks ???
Old 16th August 2010, 13:52   #92
BHPian

Lots of pictures and videos,but too tired and busy at work to even think of putting any up
Old 16th August 2010, 14:18   #93
BHPian

Same here Kunal.. I don't have tons of pics... only 590 pics to be precise
but no videos!! bcos I didnt had enough memory cards to record videos so opted for just pics.

Will be posting them soon....

Extreme Offroaders Rocks!!
Old 16th August 2010, 14:29   #94
BHPian

got this pic off face book. Kunal plz explain
Attached Thumbnails
Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-kunal.jpg  

Old 16th August 2010, 14:58   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Good to hear it was a Good day .

Any pictures folks ???
Soon. Kishor (tigerranch) will be uploading many by evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
Lots of pictures and videos,but too tired and busy at work to even think of putting any up
Waiting for them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Same here Kunal.. I don't have tons of pics... only 590 pics to be precise

Will be posting them soon....

Extreme Offroaders Rocks!!
Upload fast. And was a pleasure to finally meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
got this pic off face book. Kunal plz explain
Will be explained in due course as soon as someone starts the narration...! Stay glued!
Nothing happened though. Kunal countersteered in the direction of the tilt (as seen in the pic) and righted himself.

Kunal, that jeep is one hell of a purpose built machine mate!!!
Old 16th August 2010, 15:21   #96
BHPian

Guys,

Had a great time yesterday. Extreme Offroaders you ROCK!. Great meeting many of you for the first time.

Wonderful trail and great organisation. Lucky for us that we managed to leave Lonavala early and hit the trail. Imagine if we had got caught in the crowd heading to Bushy Dam in the morning!

All in all a day well spent! Aditya and Arthi had a great time too. Drove back to Bombay with Jeep Captain(Shibu) and had some wonderful insights into Jeeps and offroading!

Thanks guys once again.
Old 16th August 2010, 16:05   #97
BANNED

Hello all, before you all have pictures & forget everything else , I have one small sugestion to make . All people please think over this .

Let us fix a particular car as the last car of the convoy . I had observed two critical mechanical failures which were out of bounds of the concerned driver/owner . Luckly James was there, SO he fixed both problames ( to drive back to home ).Both vehicles could have been stranded for long before they could have communicated with others.

Also everyone specially drivers/owners please come prepared in terms of hand tools & minor spares . I dont know how much prepared everyone was , but things need to be checked as failures can happen with any one of us .There are NO exceptions to this.

And let us not forget to thank James ,the always ready to help guy.

Yours Sudarshan
Old 16th August 2010, 17:52   #98

[quote=Sudarshan;2028905]Hello all, before you all have pictures & forget everything else , I have one small sugestion to make . All people please think over this .

Let us fix a particular car as the last car of the convoy . I had observed two critical mechanical failures which were out of bounds of the concerned driver/owner . Luckly James was there, SO he fixed both problames ( to drive back to home ).Both vehicles could have been stranded for long before they could have communicated with others.

Also everyone specially drivers/owners please come prepared in terms of hand tools & minor spares . I dont know how much prepared everyone was , but things need to be checked as failures can happen with any one of us .There are NO exceptions to this.

And let us not forget to thank James ,the always ready to help guy.

Yours Sudarshan[/quote I Totally agree to what Sudarshan has to say.. Only thing I feel I should ad is that we always require one extreme offroader at the tail with a complete recovery gear or atleast the required straps as by the time one realizes that someone is held back its too late.]

[quote=Tejas@perioimpl;2028771]Soon. Kishor (tigerranch) will be uploading many by evening.

Waiting for them...

Upload fast. And was a pleasure to finally meet you!

Will be explained in due course as soon as someone starts the narration...! Stay glued!
Nothing happened though. Kunal countersteered in the direction of the tilt (as seen in the pic) and righted himself.

Kunal, that jeep is one hell of a purpose built machine mate!!![/quote Yeah, she surely is.. And anyone in place of him i feel would have surely rolled over.. Kunal is the Star of Offroading]

[quote=4x4 cruiser;2027740]Had a funfilled day, too tired due to the traffic jam from amby valley all the way to Express way.

My 2nd OTR and i am falling in love with it more and more, too tired to post pictures and write up but shall do the same tomorrow.

Nishant can any obstacle ever stop you? you inspire me a lot man a never say Die attitude.[/quote Sir it just happens to go through somehow, I am just 2 otr's older than you and see you moving on the same track and I am sure that soon you will perform better than me with your new machine. She is truly awesome ]
Old 16th August 2010, 18:19   #99
BHPian

Had a Wonderful time.

Hello Friends,

I had a great time with Extreme Off-roaders yesterday. In last three days I met more than 25 bhpians, both travellers & offroaders from both Bombay & Pune.Most of them were people I know very well for many months and years but never had a chance to meet.

Thanks for Extreme Offroaders, Bombay & Pune offroaders group and also other Tbhpians whom I had a chance to meet and interact during this visit.
  • Tejas
  • Devang
  • Gogi
  • HV Kumar
  • Prasad Iyer
  • Soumya
  • Gautam Basak
  • Dhabhar Behram
  • Vinod Nookala
  • Alok
  • Nishant
  • Ibrahim
  • Kunal
  • Amol
  • James
  • Chetan
  • Dan
  • Sudarshan
  • Kishore
  • Imran
  • Ravi
  • Ritul
It was really great meeting you all. sorry If I have missed out any names.

I did not had a 4x4 there to participate, So I was there as a passenger and a spectator.Also because of certain limitations I was unable to run around and click pics from all different angles. I had clicked 590 pics in 5-6 hours until my battery drained out. But I'm posting here only the selected ones.

I am not good in writing OTR reports... So Let me try to explain this OTR with the help of pics.

Hope you will enjoy .....

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6861.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6864.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6866.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6870.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6872.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6883.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6884.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6885.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6886.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6888.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6889.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6890.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6891.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6892.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6893.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6894.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6895.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6897.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6899.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_6900.jpg

to be continued...
JC
Old 16th August 2010, 18:31   #100
BHPian

Wow whos endy is that ? The next upgrade for it could be to install a lift to get inside.
Old 16th August 2010, 18:41   #101
AVR
BHPian

JeepCaptain That's quite a teaser!

Isn't this the same starting point as EXAMM Day 1? Can't forget it as I think I lost some of my Jeep's rear bumper on the first obstacle there!

Looking forward to some narration with the pics as FB already has a quite a few pics. Especially, of interest is Kunal's tilting 550. Was he the only one who got into that slanted angle?

Did the big SUVs follow the same trail as the Jeeps? Does the red Endy have a souped engine also? pretty neat job on that one. Makes the white endy following it rather staid!

P.S. I should stop asking more questions now. I remind myself of Paresh Rawal from Judaai right now
Old 16th August 2010, 19:02   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Wow whos endy is that ? The next upgrade for it could be to install a lift to get inside.
The most important Mod it needs is to be converted to 4x4. It came as a shock to me that this Monstorus looking machine is running without a 4x4.
Old 16th August 2010, 19:03   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post

The red endy. I have it on my mobile, took snaps few days back at kalanagar (WEH) & was wondering which vehicle is this. Also last week this car was doing rounds in Vile Parle (E) & was most talked about by kids. Hope this is the same.
Old 16th August 2010, 19:09   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Did the big SUVs follow the same trail as the Jeeps? Does the red Endy have a souped engine also? pretty neat job on that one. Makes the white endy following it rather staid!
All the big SUV's gave up after the 2nd. obstacle. The Nissan Patrol, had a problem with the 4WD hub locking, and could not engage the 4wd. The red Endy was a 4 x 2. Not sure of the other endy. The Forrestor also returned after the 2nd. obstacle. The Scorpio AT 4 x 4, got badly stuck and developed some problems with one of his tires, so he too thought it prudent to return.

@Sudarshan, whose cars developed problems? Hope the problem was sorted out and they managed to reach home safely. +1 your thoughts!

@James, my man, I've met you at 2 OTR's so far and seen you helping out/ guiding everyone. When will we get to see you putting all your knowledge to use in an OTR as a driver? Looking forward to that soon!
Old 16th August 2010, 19:48   #105
BHPian

missed this one, but more importantly missed meeting shibu,
sorry buddy, next time for sure, or maybe in dubai
seems like a mad fun otr
was attending tpc so had to give this a miss
waiting for tons of more pictures

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks