yours Sudarshan

Photos by Chitale
Old 16th August 2010, 23:07   #122
BHPian

And the last few!

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-197.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-199.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-201.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-40890_151319171546081_129129657098366_480162_7766284_n.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-40890_151319174879414_129129657098366_480163_710783_n.jpg
Old 16th August 2010, 23:18   #123
BANNED

Sorry for the back to back posts ,

Some more pics By my passenger Chitale

Where is Lonavla
Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-dsc02233.jpg
Fussy ( got stuck )
Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-dsc02269.jpg
the uphill task
Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-dsc02279.jpg

Yours Sudarshan
Old 16th August 2010, 23:26   #124
BHPian

Hello all, had a fantastic OTR, thnak you Extreme Offroaders for this opportunity and to all those wonderful people i met. This is my first report on TBHP so please bear with me if it is not upto the mark, I will split it into bits.

So let the Fun begin

14th August, had planned out all the things I need to carry for the eventful and exciting day tomorrow little did I know that my trip is supposed to be cancelled. I had planned to sleep around 2100 hrs and a wake up alarm was for 0415hrs. The problem my 18 months daughter wasn't feeling well, she was suffering from dry cough and I was finally able to sleep at 0230hrs to be awaken up by her again at 0330hrs suffering from Fever this time. Finally after her medication she went to sleep again, discussed with Wife and she assured their wont be any problem and I should push on as she was aware how desperately i was waiting for this day, I love my wife for this.

So finally i leave my residence at 0525hrs, picked up my office colleagues on the way and the journey for the first stop at McD panvel begin. Reached Mcd and found V-16 (Gogi) and BolBolero (Gautam) waiting their, a quick round of introduction and we wait for Imran, who joins us at 0630 hrs and finally our convoy of 4 vehicles begin their Journey for the next stop at Sancheti.

We reach Sancheti at 0730 hrs and find pdev (devang's) Monstar and Mudslinger's (Nishant) jeep parked their and no one else has reached yet. Nishant assures us that people are comming down from their hotel and some are at RK's, a sigh of relief, so we walk to Rk and finally can see a convoy of jeeps comming to RK, from pune as road on the RK was getting clogged by revving monster's we decided to head to Sancheti again and line up their
before moving ahead. The parking lot of Sancheti was getting filled by all types of 4x4 mean machines, some pictures at Sancheti.

Lots of pictures of the trial and some very good videos shall post by tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-dsc00007.jpg  

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-dsc00009.jpg  

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-dsc00012.jpg  

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-dsc00013.jpg  

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-dsc00015.jpg  

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-dsc00017.jpg  

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-dsc00025.jpg  

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-dsc00030.jpg  

Old 16th August 2010, 23:31   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Guys,
Had a great time yesterday. Extreme Offroaders you ROCK!. Great meeting many of you for the first time.
All in all a day well spent! Aditya and Arthi had a great time too. Drove back to Bombay with Jeep Captain(Shibu) and had some wonderful insights into Jeeps and offroading!
Thanks guys once again.
BolBolero, Absolutely true! I enjoyed every bit of it. It was worth travelling 4000 km to do this OTR. Kudos to Extreme Offroaders! Though rain would have added more fun. But what we had was not less.
Gautam, Thanks for a ride back to Bombay. Hope to see you soon for an OTR with a 4x4. Then I feel like mission accomplished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Hello all, before you all have pictures & forget everything else , I have one small sugestion to make . All people please think over this .

Let us fix a particular car as the last car of the convoy . I had observed two critical mechanical failures which were out of bounds of the concerned driver/owner . Luckly James was there, SO he fixed both problames ( to drive back to home ).
And let us not forget to thank James ,the always ready to help guy.
Yours Sudarshan
Sudarshan, . This is a very good suggestion. Extreme Offroaders, hope you guys start practicinng this from next OTR.

James, You are a star man. I saw you always running around with tools helping every one who needed an extra hand. You are an asset to this group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Slinger View Post
I Totally agree to what Sudarshan has to say.. Only thing I feel I should ad is that we always require one extreme offroader at the tail with a complete recovery gear or atleast the required straps as by the time one realizes that someone is held back its too late.]
+1 to that Nishant.
Old 17th August 2010, 02:49   #126
BHPian

Good Pics

Good offroading. Which 4X4 did perform the Best was it the mahindra, ,Gypsy,Toyota, nissan or the Land Rover ?

Any breakdowns ???
Old 17th August 2010, 08:26   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - I missed this one due to prayers at my house but I relived it all seeing the photographs and reading the posts. I "pray" that there are no "prayers" on the day of the next OTR.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 17th August 2010, 08:41   #128
Team-BHP Support

Are my eyes deceiving me? Is that a rear SPOA Endy? The contrast to a stock endy next to it is too much.
Old 17th August 2010, 08:50   #129
Senior - BHPian

"That's having a grand time" I would say if it was to be just a one liner, but since its not...

Loved Devang getting ready for the water ski event, the little kid in his own off-roading world, The red Classic getting of the pool like a "Bat out of Hell", 4X4 Cuiser's 550 continuing to impress, don't know what a white underwear is doing on the windshield of 3B no. MAF 2632...would like to know the story here but looks good, The green Land Rover looking majestic and performing equally good, V-16's 3B and its performance and the dance on its hood against the right back drop, Very good looking Nissan with an impressive GC, but please get rid of the bull bar or if not at least its color, Best looking Endeavor ever (red), Atom watching the LR's performance, Shibu, there but can't see him, "James the Savior", so many are talking about your timely help, way to go brother.
The location and weather were awesome, hope to join you guys in similar conditions sometime soon.
ps. nobody mentions food here? Or pics of it?
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 17th August 2010 at 09:01.
Old 17th August 2010, 09:20   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
don't know what a white underwear is doing on the windshield of 3B no. MAF 2632...would like to know the story here but looks good
Hahahahahaha!! Sir, I'm sure you're joking, but isnt that a bit of the rear window framed between the RHS seat and the LHS passenger!! Good observation though!!

Cheers
Rahul
Old 17th August 2010, 09:40   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Hahahahahaha!! Sir, I'm sure you're joking, but isnt that a bit of the rear window framed between the RHS seat and the LHS passenger!! Good observation though!!
Cheers
Rahul
Thanks Rahul,
Thats age playing tricks on me at 49'.
Old 17th August 2010, 09:56   #132
BANNED

Thanks ,Fazalaliadil for compliments .

And about that xx doing on cj's wind shield ? , Yes as you said its the age playing up tricks + one more thing , looks like you have started a 2nd or may be 3rd Innings

All the best , One dreams what he wishes & sees what he dreams . Same with me also ( 43 ) ,Continue

Yours Sudarshan

Last edited by Sudarshan : 17th August 2010 at 09:58.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:12   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Let us fix a particular car as the last car of the convoy . I had observed two critical mechanical failures which were out of bounds of the concerned driver/owner . Luckly James was there, SO he fixed both problames ( to drive back to home ).Both vehicles could have been stranded for long before they could have communicated with others.

Also everyone specially drivers/owners please come prepared in terms of hand tools & minor spares . I dont know how much prepared everyone was , but things need to be checked as failures can happen with any one of us .There are NO exceptions to this.

And let us not forget to thank James ,the always ready to help guy.

Yours Sudarshan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post

Sudarshan, This is a very good suggestion. Extreme Offroaders, hope you guys start practicinng this from next OTR.
James is the man! He is one of the few people whom i would blindly trust with spotting as well without me getting off my car.

Anyways, coming back to your points.

- We have always harped on the fact that people should carry tools and recovery gear along with adequate protection

- We have never ever left a car behind. Most of the people who have offroaded with us in the past can vouch for that fact. People have been towed to the nearest garage. I remember one otr where we spend 4 hours just extracting one vehicle.

- Both the vehicles which James fixed, were the vehicles that he had helped build so he knew them inside out (not taking anything away from you James buddy; just since we were questioned on the open forum, i'm replying)

- What if the "particular car" at the back of the convoy breaks down? Don't worry, no one gets left behind (we follow the army motto of never leave a man behind)

Infact, more than this, let me ennumerate the things i noticed which should be followed first by all the participants (you can see that i was the first car and would always spot for the rest - i'm in the yellow t-shirt):

- LISTEN to the spotter. 50% of the vehicles did not and kept doing what you wanted

- If you are asked to stop after X number of attempts, then please do. do not keep going on and on and damage the trail and vehicle

- Respect the environment. A tree protector has to be used while winching

- If your car is stuck, use your own rope people. It is your responsibility to get down of the car and attach the tow line to both stuck and recovery vehicle. Do not side inside like a nawab sahib. Bystanders, please stay away from the rope.

- Passengers and other car drivers DO NOT spot. There were times when i'm spotting and after one car passes, the driver gets off and starts shouting at the car behind him even though i was there spotting. This creates a lot of confusion. Then i just used to walk away. From now on, i think the driver has to take a call on who will spot. He must stop before the obstacle choose who will spot and rest should shut up!

- I saw a very few people walking the obstacle first.

- We got delayed quite a few times because a vehicle driver would stop, then his passenger would get down, walk the entire obstacle and position himself for taking photographs. Next time please make your passenger ride in the vehicle in front of you.

- After crossing obstacles, people just parked a few meters ahead inspite of me shouting my throat hoarse to please go and park ahead at the designated parking spots. Then they would walk away somewhere with the keys and the convoy would get held up.

- Everyone was told that it would be 100 bucks/car for the otr (needed to pay the villagers and for stickers). 50% came forward and did the right thing, the rest we had to go and keep asking please pay up. Not Fair!

- Thank god donuts weren't done!

I'm sorry about my rant, but before always blaming organizers, people should also reflect their own actions. Whoever has not paid for food, t-shirts & OTR as well, please own up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
It was really great meeting you all. sorry If I have missed out any names.
It was great meeting you too buddy! Hope we could have interacted more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post

Isn't this the same starting point as EXAMM Day 1?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
missed this one, but more importantly missed meeting shibu,
sorry buddy, next time for sure, or maybe in dubai
seems like a mad fun otr
was attending tpc so had to give this a miss
waiting for tons of more pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - I missed this one due to prayers at my house but I relived it all seeing the photographs and reading the posts. I "pray" that there are no "prayers" on the day of the next OTR.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
We'll do it again soon.

Quote:

Yeah but enjoyed the scenes
That last pic is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Nice Willys man! Sorry didn't get your T-Bhp hande.
That's Vishal Chavan. Path~Finder on team-bhp.

Quote:
The Gurus
Please stop this gurus, moderator, boss, etc names. We are all one group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Good Pics

Good offroading. Which 4X4 did perform the Best was it the mahindra, ,Gypsy,Toyota, nissan or the Land Rover ?

Any breakdowns ???
A couple. One Kaiser had a steering failure and another mm550 had another issue. All vehicles with a working 4x4 performed well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Are my eyes deceiving me? Is that a rear SPOA Endy? The contrast to a stock endy next to it is too much.
No spoa. I think it's springs. but it was a 4x2!

Quote:
ps. nobody mentions food here? Or pics of it?
It was intimated to everyone to either carry food or tell us in advance so we can arrange for it. Alok and me picked up biryani packets (veg/nonveg) early in the morning from a dhaba for everyone.
Someone should have the pics. Paras, thanks for letting us use your vehicle as a mobile canteen. The excess food was given away to the villagers.

Thanks everyone for getting clothes and bags that we could give the villagers as well.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:24   #134
BANNED

Guys,

After looking at the pics am feeling really bad for not being able to attend.Tried my best but was simply not allowed by the "boss". Anyways have worked out a resolution that I will be allowed to attend 1 OTR a month and no more

@Shibu- Was nice meeting up with you the night before.

Viper
Old 17th August 2010, 11:59   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Some serious machines and lots and lots of fun!! I missed this guys! Blame my job had to be in chickamagaluru for recce :-P lol
Vinod, If you taking about the big Endy's, Patrol & Fortuner. There were the biggest dispppointment of that day. The SPOA Endy was a 2WD !! Nissan PATROL lost the front lokcing hub hence was 2WD!! Stock Endy's and Fortuner had HT tyres and less clearance made them not to clear a single obstacle which we cleared and all of them backed out in first few kilometers or after the second obstacle.

Dont worry about missing this event.. I will organise a similar or more exciting OTR in Wayanad when you guys are there in September for MGE.So please come there with a Thar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
missed this one, but more importantly missed meeting shibu,
sorry buddy, next time for sure, or maybe in dubai
seems like a mad fun otr
was attending tpc so had to give this a miss
waiting for tons of more pictures
Allan, Seriously buddy.I missed meeting you. Saturday I wanted to goto your garage, but then there was no point in going there without you.
Sure you are always welcome to Dubai anytime. When you plan a trip to DXB, let me know in advance so that we can have some serious fun in the desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Best regards, Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM, Sir We will also pray that there are no prayers in your home during the next OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Samurai, Man It was something I have never seen before in our country. A Monster Endy with SPOA /Liftkit with 32" or 33" NITTO Mud Grappler tyres and GT alloy wheels. I was expecting that this beast is gonna rock the OTR. But that hope didnt even last for a minute. I had a shock of my life when someone told me its a 2WD!!

Quote:
"That's having a grand time" I would say if it was to be just a one liner, but since its not...
Shibu, there but can't see him,
Fazal Sir, I was there all over. But since I was a passenger/spectator I am not in any pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
James is the man! He is one of the few people whom i would blindly trust with spotting as well without me getting off my car.
It was great meeting you too buddy! Hope we could have interacted more!
No spoa. I think it's springs. but it was a 4x2!
Tejas, Same here buddy. Great meeting you.
BTW - Just a clarification .The Red Endy has leaf springs in the rear and coil springs for front. Hence it was SPOA for rear and had coil spring spacers in the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
@Shibu- Was nice meeting up with you the night before.
Viper
Viper, It was great meeting you too on Friday night.

Most Viewed