Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7323.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7328.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7329.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7330.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7331.jpg

To be continued....
Old 18th August 2010, 13:58   #167
BHPian

Shibu , you pictures are making me crave for another one. Excellent captures no need of words to describe the way we enjoyed the event.

Some more videos to spice up the memories.

Sudarshan comming thru Slush & Boulders, the vehicle had to be winched out, though i would like to mention that this landy is capable of lot of things inspite of being LWB

Nishant on Slush & Boulders, this guy is unstopable. Nishant we need to find more new places which have to be more & more Extreme for you.

More to come, shall post as soon i find some more time.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:13   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
With I think our Ghandhiji (Devang) did a gr8 job by walking 2 kms (Daandi Yatra) with the villager to convince him to leave offroaders territory.

Guys we should appreciate the kind of efforts it takes to organize an OTR. For us the OTR is Overall Team Responsibility and we don't believe in leaving any team member behind.

Keep pics flowing so we can feel the kick of this OTR for some more time.

Cheers!

Alok
Trust me i was irritated with that Dandi Yaatra because i had to speak in marathi and i am not good at it.

I had hard time to crack the deal with that individual.

overall it was good fun.

all the Monsters dissapointed me. (NOT MONSTAR)

I wanted to see Amols jeep in action too but bad luck for that too.

Sudarshan you had to use winch twice trust me it was not required.. all you had to do was to Gun it little harder. your were too slow.

James i wont thank you because i expect that from you

Guys not to forget Amol for sorting the stay for us, His Hotel Cosset has always given discount to every offroader from BHP so thanks for that dude.

Alok thanks for Food arrangement.

I am in love with AKs Jeep and luckily its in right hand.

Shibu it was our pleasure to have you with us. Finally we met after 4 years. lol

Guys get ready for next one.. I am trying to sort out the trail and if its done then its going to be a slush fest..

Cheers
Devang
Old 18th August 2010, 14:32   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 cruiser View Post
Shibu , you pictures are making me crave for another one. Excellent captures no need of words to describe the way we enjoyed the event.
Some more videos to spice up the memories.
More to come, shall post as soon i find some more time.
Ravi, Its my pleasure and I am happy that you are enjoying. Afsos I could not go closer and run around faster to take some real action pics. You know the reason right? Dont know when I will able to get away with the crutches.

PS- Keep the videos coming in.. There are too good and shows the real action and fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
Shibu it was our pleasure to have you with us. Finally we met after 4 years. lol Devang
Devang , Pleasure is all mine bro. It was great meeting you after 4 years. thanks for arranging such a wonderful event.Never knew its gonna be so much fun when I send you an email about my Bombay visit and asked whether we all could meet up.

Looking forward for your mudfest. Dont know whether I will be able to make it. But would like to see you all in Kerala soon for a OTR.

Shibu
Old 18th August 2010, 14:52   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post

Sudarshan you had to use winch twice trust me it was not required.. all you had to do was to Gun it little harder. your were too slow.

Cheers
Devang
Yes you are right with the first instance, I had forgotten the hand brake

And in second ? Its a ' heavy long Gaddi' baba dont you know how much heavy it is ?

Thank the winch it was recovered , or you & me would be there for next day also ( I think I was looking for some excuse to use the winch thats it )
Sudarshan
Old 18th August 2010, 15:28   #171
BHPian

Friends, I am posting the last set of pics.I was clicking too much that the battery was emptied half an hour before we hit back the tarmac.

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7333.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7334.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7336.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7338.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7339.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7343.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7346.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7348.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7349.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7350.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7355.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7356.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7358.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7359.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7361.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7363.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7364.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7365.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7366.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7367.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7368.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7369.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7370.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7371.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010-img_7373.jpg

Thats all folks from my side. :-). Concluding my pic report for Independece Day OTR.

Thank you everyone esp. Ibrahim who gave me a ride throughout the event, Nishant for giving me a ride to Lonavla, and Gautam to drop me back to Bombay in that heavy weekend traffic.

I had a wonderful time, enjoyed it to the core. Thanks Tejas ,Devang for all your help.
Gogi It was great meeting you and thanks for your hospitality on Friday evening.

Ibrahim I salute your spirit bro. Just to let everyone know he was fasting and still came for a full day tiring OTR. You have a happy and blessed Ramadan bro.

Extreme Offroaders!! You are a great team.
Looking forward for more OTR's from you.

PS- I missed couple of friends like Allan , Imran , Sabareesh etc. Sorry If I have missed out any names. Would like to catch up with you all sometime soon for another OTR.

Shibu Varghese aka Jeep Captain
Old 18th August 2010, 18:48   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Guys get ready for next one.. I am trying to sort out the trail and if its done then its going to be a slush fest..
Hi Devang, now thats a good news but I hope it is not planned this weekend, wont be able to make it, plan it on 29th or the next sunday after that. I DON'T want to miss any OTR, amn these things are addictive, I flaunted the videos and pics infront of so many people that i have 10 passengers confirmed for next OTR.

Quote:

Ravi, Its my pleasure and I am happy that you are enjoying. Afsos I could not go closer and run around faster to take some real action pics. You know the reason right? Dont know when I will able to get away with the crutches.

PS- Keep the videos coming in.. There are too good and shows the real action and fun.
Shibu, my best wishes are with you, with all the limitations you still have captured some wonderful moments which are going to be a part of me for my lifetime. Their were so many things i wanted to discuss & learn from you but due to time constraint wasn't able to do it, hopefully we will catch up soon.

I am loading some more videos on You tube, once done will load it over here, may be another half hour.
Old 18th August 2010, 19:57   #173
Senior - BHPian

trail is amazing. reminds me of Coorg trail we did in 2007 july. green all around and challenges every corner. You folks have great machines there. Kudos to you all.
Old 18th August 2010, 20:11   #174
Senior - BHPian

Before i continue with my report i forgot to add that there were a few amongst us who were observing Roza as it is the holy month of Ramzaan. Ibrahim and Imran (Immyshiekh) were two of such people. I salute the spirit of adventure that gets you out to participate in a full day OTR. To add, the weather was not really playing to our tune. Hats off guys. Include us in your prayers please.

Thanks to all the guys who spotted for me- Kunal,Tejas, Nishant (some of you newbies also, who eventually were asked to back off. Guys please dont spot till you get the drift (Its very different from normal tarmac driving.) Your wrong spotting can be dangerous to someone else's health.

I made a lot of new friends and met up with a few old ones. Also got to know a few still better.

Shibhu, great meeting with you. Hope you come here more often so we can go offroading together again. Take care of your leg and get well soon.
Kunal, nice to meet up with you again after the AKC. On an OTR when im not too sure of how to tackle a particular obstacle, i look up to persons like you to learn and am inspired. Its great to see that with all the experience, you are still humble and helpful.
Ravi, your, NGCS has taken my heart. Great looks, superb performance and no one will say its your 2nd otr. Way to go.
Tejas, loose the siren Your vehicle rocks.
Nishant, your unstoppable attitude is unique, as is your white, go anywhere jeep.
Kishore boss, love your father son team. waiting for your jeep to get ready and to go for a test spin in it. Also seeing you two i dream of having outings like this with my son/s when they grow up.
Sudarshan, Nice to meet you and love your Landy.
Ibrahim, nice meeting you again, Ramadaan Kareem.
Imran, nice to see you again, Bigfoot rocks, Ramadaan Kareem.
Devang, thanks for inventing a new sport "Winch Rappelling"
Gautam, nice catching up with you. Thanks for taking pics for me. That boy of yours is heading to be a great enthusiast, mark my words.
Chetan, nice to see you again and thanks for taking pics.
Paras, Prasad, Amol, Vishal, great to meet you once again. Love your spirit.
Paras, i can see you improving with every otr (as i said earlier too) and Prasad, if you come without your Jonga, next time, you are not going to be allowed.

Sorry if I left someone out, not intentional i assure you.

I think the best part of an OTR is that its not a challenge or a competitive sport. This makes it a kind of rough picnic where families can come in and have fun.

Please expect more such events from the Extreme Offroaders. Proud to be one.

Will continue my report with pics tomorrow.
Old 18th August 2010, 21:20   #175
BHPian

Well said Buddy

I wasn't there Although i wish i was....

Was the the one standing on top of the Cream Mahindra Jeep

Good Pics & good to see the spirit.
Old 19th August 2010, 00:08   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Ravi, your, NGCS has taken my heart. Great looks, superb performance and no one will say its your 2nd otr. Way to go.
Gogiji, thank you for the kind words and truly i love my jeep and the last 2 OTRs (or my first 2) have made me more and more passionate about it. Though i would like to state that you have one of the better jeeps of all. If you recollect while leaving from Mcd Panvel, you told "guys I wont be able to catch speed with you people on Highway, so please move on", instead it was the other way round I was dragging my jeep at 100kph and still was behind you, then the jeep is effortless on offroading as well and so is its owner. Great Machine and Great Guy.

I would like to specially thank Mr. Kishor (tigerranch) & Kunal (motocamp), who have acted as my mentor at Lavassa trail and have given me enough confidence and right guidance that I was able to do better this time, though I am myself new to this world, one point which i would like to share with 1st timers is that, request some experienced people to be your passenger / mentor or if they have thier own vehicle then at least request them to spot for you and LISTEN to THEM CAREFULLY and ADHERE to it, this can make a whole lot of difference and can always help you in getting better and better.

Enough of Gyan I think,time for some videos again.

Ibrahim going thru a deep pit and TEJAS had tried his best to get him stuck, but his Gypsy did this task better then anyone else (Just my opinion) ANyways he & Nishant are always the guys to watch, real ENTHUSIASTS

TEJAS agian at his job to get the MONSTAR stuck.

I will post the last batch of videos tomorrow, hope you guys enjoy it.

Cheers
Ravi.
Old 19th August 2010, 00:30   #177
Team-BHP Support

Man thats a truck load of fun you guys had there, envy you guys and miss that terrain
Old 19th August 2010, 13:42   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 cruiser View Post
Shibu, my best wishes are with you, with all the limitations you still have captured some wonderful moments which are going to be a part of me for my lifetime. Their were so many things i wanted to discuss & learn from you but due to time constraint wasn't able to do it, hopefully we will catch up soon.
Ravi ,Thanks a lot my friend. You have a rock solid machine and you got some great skills. The way you were driving or tackling obstacles, no one would imagine that this is your second OTR! We will catch up on email or phone and hopefully we will meet up again very soon for another OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
trail is amazing. reminds me of Coorg trail we did in 2007 july. green all around and challenges every corner. You folks have great machines there. Kudos to you all.
dwarak Sir, Can you organize a OTR in coorg. Thats one terrain I want to explore next. Missed the Shakleshpur OTR this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Before i continue with my report i forgot to add that there were a few amongst us who were observing Roza as it is the holy month of Ramzaan. Ibrahim and Imran (Immyshiekh) were two of such people. I salute the spirit of adventure that gets you out to participate in a full day OTR. To add, the weather was not really playing to our tune. Hats off guys. Include us in your prayers please..
Gogi, Very True. I missed Imran(Immyshiekh).

Ibrahim and Imran
, you guys are amazing and your Gypsies too. I was really impressed with the performance of both which you can see from my pics.

Quote:
Shibu, great meeting with you. Hope you come here more often so we can go offroading together again. Take care of your leg and get well soon.
Gogi, Same here.It was great meeting you. I wanted to drive with you in your Jeep but missed it. I will be back soon for another OTR.

Quote:
I think the best part of an OTR is that its not a challenge or a competitive sport. This makes it a kind of rough picnic where families can come in and have fun. Please expect more such events from the Extreme Offroaders. Proud to be one. Will continue my report with pics tomorrow.
. Waiting for your report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Man thats a truck load of fun you guys had there, envy you guys and miss that terrain
Jaggu, It was not truck load..We had many truck loads of fun
Old 19th August 2010, 13:50   #179
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Looks lots of fun. Shibu I liked the pictures and feeling missed all this fun now.

I blame it to my work schedule, I can see lots of smiley faces and sure the event is a success.

Let me see if I can join you for the next event.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:22   #180
BHPian

Last set of Videos

Hi all, this is the last set of videos i have, hopefully next event we will try and capture more and more action videos.

This particular section i was calmly moving myself in 3rd Low and this happened, After numerous attempts the vehicle had to be Winched out.

Finally Sudarshan's winch lost its virginity and did a amazing job, just look how calmly the jeep is out of the Pit.

Gogiji waiting for your detailed report.

Cheers
Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks