Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 17:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
ALLAN,

The decision to not include the scores of SS1/2/3 on Day#1 is across the board, because the O-Team held back 2 Red Teams due to inclement weather & Time Constraints, while some of the blue Teams were allowed to continue during the same time.

So to make it even for all the Competitors we decided to annul the scores of Day#1 SS1/2/3. (which 9 of the 11 teams had already completed)

wrt. to Individual Special Stages, if you had attended the Prize Ceremony you would have understood the criteria & consideration was exceptional driving, and the ability to keep going.

Regards,

Arka
boss we finished it ya,
we went throught those same conditions
and so did others also
red 2 and red 4 had their share of problems as a result of which they landed late for those stages, that is their loss buddy not mine
i remember seeing those white banglre gypsys flying just so that they could complete their ss's
if they started the day last last i would understand arka, but they started the day much before us so those stages should be taken into account as per rules laid by roy during the briefing on 12th for which u were not peresent
i started second last on day1 and i finished everything and so did the group after me which started last even though they had a breakdown

why did team red 2 not complete the day, cause they had a breakdown arka , at the start, now that is playing in their favour, what c##p

do not agree with you one bit

if my vehicle was damaged on the last ss of day 1, then what ya

your talking totally against what roy spoke about during our briefing on 12th, since the last group finished the last ss on day 1 , all the ss's should be considered
and if u did not finish them, then ur loss

Last edited by xtreme power : 17th August 2010 at 17:17.
Old 17th August 2010, 17:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Old 17th August 2010, 17:20   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The decision to not include the scores of SS1/2/3 on Day#1 is across the board, because the O-Team held back 2 Red Teams due to inclement weather & Time Constraints, while some of the blue Teams were allowed to continue during the same time.
This is totally unfair and as a participant I feel livid about this on many fronts (not that it impacts our team in any which way, as we were out of competition on day 1, SS-3 itself).

So what happened to the total time allocated, arrival time etc etc stuff?? Anyway, your event, your rules even if they seem to be going against what was the briefing given by you folks only..!!!!

Quote:
....The Most Sporting Team was judged by the fact for their spotting, navigating, team work, helping other teams and recovery work.
REALLY..

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th August 2010 at 17:23.
Old 17th August 2010, 17:31   #19
BHPian

Why was cancelling of scores of 3 special stages not annouced at the prize ceremony?
Old 17th August 2010, 17:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
This is totally unfair and as a participant I feel livid about this on many fronts (not that it impacts our team in any which way, as we were out of competition on day 1, SS-3 itself).

So what happened to the total time allocated, arrival time etc etc stuff?? Anyway, your event, your rules even if they seem to be going against what was the briefing given by you folks only..!!!!

REALLY..

also the individual best offroaders , how were those judged
by complete individual points
i see ali is first, prithvi is second
but am i missing something at the third position
please re check this also,
Old 17th August 2010, 17:50   #21
BHPian

Also since in my fury i forgot,
congrats to vikram, dr. jones and lokesh
awesome win u guys,
need to learn a few more tricks from vikram the next time im around
was a pleasure to finally catch up with u as well
Old 17th August 2010, 18:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Clarification 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
boss we finished it ya,
we went throught those same conditions
and so did others also
red 2 and red 4 had their share of problems as a result of which they landed late for those stages, that is their loss buddy not mine
i remember seeing those white banglre gypsys flying just so that they could complete their ss's
if they started the day last last i would understand arka, but they started the day much before us so those stages should be taken into account as per rules laid by roy during the briefing on 12th for which u were not peresent
i started second last on day1 and i finished everything and so did the group after me which started last even though they had a breakdown

why did team red 2 not complete the day, cause they had a breakdown arka , at the start, now that is playing in their favour, what c##p

do not agree with you one bit

if my vehicle was damaged on the last ss of day 1, then what ya

your talking totally against what roy spoke about during our briefing on 12th, since the last group finished the last ss on day 1 , all the ss's should be considered
and if u did not finish them, then ur loss
Quote:

Hi Shanawaz & Allan,

I can understand your apprehension.

The decision to Hold back Team Red2 & Red4 was mistake by the O-Team, despite them wanting to continue.

At 1700hrs there were 3 Blue Teams (3/4 &5) competing on the river bed at SS6 to SS10, while Team Red 2 & Red 4 were Held back after completing SS4. If we had stopped them too, then only 2-3 Team would be in contention.

So to stiffen the competition and give the other first time teams, a good run, we decided to post pone the closing time.

The scores for the SS1/2/3 (Day#1) have not been included for all the teams, to compensate for this mistake of the O-Team and to keep as many teams in contention as possible.

It has nothing to do with favouritism or being partial. It is just to ensure that everyone get a fighting chance.

Allan, I can understand you disappointment with the scores (SS1/2/3) but please accept my apologies for this confusion, we will definitely iron out these issues for the next TPC. Going by you record performance, this year, I am sure you will be in contention for TPC2011.

Regards,

Arka
Old 17th August 2010, 18:27   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The decision to Hold back Team Red2 & Red4 was mistake by the O-Team, despite them wanting to continue.
Well, this mistake for sure does impact other teams in a COMPETITION. We need to understand that this is not an event but a competition so it needs to be treated that way.

Quote:
The scores for the SS1/2/3 (Day#1) have not been included for all the teams, to compensate for this mistake of the O-Team and to keep as many teams in contention as possible.
So, 9 teams get penalized for the sake of 2 teams which did not complete these SS's.

Even if, for a moment you folks needed to do something about it, I think a better way in this case would be to remove the least 3 SS scores from each team and do the calculation. That way, each team competes with their top most scores and these 2 teams would also be not at a disadvantage. Just completely wiping out 3 FULL SS's from the rest 9 teams (for no fault of theirs) is something I can't digest.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with favouritism or being partial.
It for sure does leave a bad taste to the whole thing because of a goof-up by the O-Team -- especially after we all had such a good time on the trail.

BTW, can we have scanned copies of the score-sheets put up here for each team.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th August 2010 at 18:35.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:28   #24
BHPian

sorry arka, but it does not really help me,
if red was late it was their fault and they should pay for it
Old 17th August 2010, 18:33   #25
BHPian

Arka, my score for ss8 should be 33 and not 30. please check it.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:37   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Arka, my score for ss8 should be 33 and not 30. please check it.
Boss, according to the new calculations, you are no longer a winner. So plan to return/ship back the compressors that you had got as the prize
Old 17th August 2010, 18:52   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Boss, according to the new calculations, you are no longer a winner. So plan to return/ship back the compressors that you had got as the prize
i have to get 3 points for trying the 1st obstacle at ss8. had been on top almost 99% some how it has been missed out by O-team. then as per new calculation i still hold my position
ps: compressor is not working :(
Old 17th August 2010, 19:12   #28
BHPian

Congratulations to all winners of TPC 2010.

Why was cancelling of scores of 3 special stages not annouced at the prize ceremony? Arka please post the results of that 3 SS even it is not going to help us, we want to know our performance in that 3 Special stages, in 4th Stage only my jeep broke down, before it if i got some good Score i am happy.
Old 17th August 2010, 19:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
i have to get 3 points for trying the 1st obstacle at ss8. had been on top almost 99% some how it has been missed out by O-team. then as per new calculation i still hold my position
ps: compressor is not working :(
Aqua
Since nobody completed that stage you don't get any points for attempting it.

Arka,
We all had 5/6 hours of driving time including the SS and transport as per my knowledge. when red 3 could go ahead of Red 1 & 2, red 5 ahead of R6 finished day one its not R 1 and 5s our fault. We gunned through every stage, wish you had the team timing on a excel too. We kept in mind the 6 hours and drove through all the stages and completed the event.

You seem to be all for the Indo Srilankan team....I don't know why?

Regards
prithvi
Old 17th August 2010, 19:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:

I'm not a judge and have no idea about how the points are calculated.
So my view on this are limited to the info seen on this thread.

Based on your statements it is certainly unfair to basically penalize the "majority" of the teams for the sake of just 2 teams.

As Allan mentioned if the 2 teams in question were "late" its their fault and let them pay than penalizing the other 9 teams.

If the compensation for the mistake changes the final outcome (for the majority of the participants), you'd be better off NOT adding that to the picture. This is not rocket science just being fair to the majority of the competition.

Have you ever heard of a rally stage getting canceled since 2 cars were not able to "make it". But it does gets canceled if the stage is dangerous. Was it the case here for the SS in question ? If so why did 9 teams complete it ?

Just my view.

Congrats Vikram a.k.a Terminator

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks