Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 22:45   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Yes please take this as a challenge, so that next TPC will be bigger and better. And please don't wake us up at 5 in the morning!
Jaggu,

A mistake is a mistake. Let me apologize for all the heartache caused to the competitors. It was not intentional. We tried to put on our best show for you.

I'm not going to talk about what has happened, but I can promise you this will be addressed for the next TPC. We have learnt in some areas and we will have to implement them in the future.

The process will be more transparent and scoring methods would be put up in writing well in advance before the start of the event.

We are grateful for any feedback that would help us make the event better for all of you.
Old 17th August 2010, 22:50   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
A mistake is a mistake. Let me apologize for all the heartache caused to the competitors. It was not intentional. We tried to put on our best show for you.
===================
We are grateful for any feedback that would help us make the event better for all of you.
And you a sweet heart! and i mean it. No need to apologize, let me say that again to all!!!

Appreciate you guys being open to feedback.
Old 17th August 2010, 23:00   #48
BHPian

again, i stand by what prithvi says and i strongly feel
major major partiality towards the indo srilankan team
and dont blame me for this statement, you just bought out this sentement in me
and next time if i do feel like coming to palar, id come with the expectations to loose as id know ud favour them again
this time i came all out to win, only i know how much preparation and money is gone in from my side, ask all the customers whose work is pending in my garage
and to come third cause of your goof up or your partiality is just demeaning
and if your o team did decide on this rule of yours, ud have to atleast keep us in the loop sir, we make this event happen, all 12 teams that is
what was such a wonderful experience is ending turning up to be a wide wakeup call for me to the fact that "life is not fair"
and vikram im not talking about your team, you'll were the best buddy
and along with the banglore boys be competition for me if i do decide to come next year
i did not get to see the blue banglore teams perform, but watching khan, prithvi and gang tackle the terrain, blew me away
Old 17th August 2010, 23:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

We really did BUST ourselves out there. FYI I have Oedema in both feet now because of standing around for so many hours. I am amazed I am still able to function normally now because there was a point of time on Day-1 where I might have fainted for a few minutes in the back of the Gypsy after running from the 2nd climb to the starting point after extracting Sunil Shetye.

It was not easy out there and it was boring as hell. Nothing to do but talk rubbish with Raj and twiddle thumbs until some participants came along. On Day-1 I was on the SS at 7:45am and ready by 8:45am. This was followed by mind numbing boredom in the hot sun until the first team arrived around noon or later (cannot remember). On Day-2 things were a bit quicker paced.

Apart from the SS activities there was the pre-event preparations, Recces, Scrutiny, Registrations, Briefings etc. Each day we woke up early, left the camp early, returned late and slept late.

To my fellow Os - next TPC if anyone tries to wake me up when I am sleeping...I will shoot you...not kidding. 9 hours of sleep over 3 nights has turned me into a zombie and I know that some of you got even less than that!
Old 17th August 2010, 23:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Vikram, Dr. Jones and Lokesh. I have seen you guys for past two years. You deserved a win. Congratulations Ali, i know you are a superb driver!

p.s- Sad to know about controversy on scoring.
Old 17th August 2010, 23:21   #51
BHPian

Allen,

You were the best prepared of all. Deep respect to that. I certainly did not expect and was greatly impressed.

We could have either given no points to everyone or given everyone all points for those stages. We did what we thought was correct to give everyone a fair chance. It was not intended in any way to favour any team.

We all know you were centum on the first day. We saw your prepardness and strength. No one can take that away from you.

Next time you come I will expect you to win whether you expect to win or not.
Old 17th August 2010, 23:38   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Allen,

You were the best prepared of all. Deep respect to that. I certainly did not expect and was greatly impressed.

We could have either given no points to everyone or given everyone all points for those stages. We did what we thought was correct to give everyone a fair chance. It was not intended in any way to favour any team.

We all know you were centum on the first day. We saw your prepardness and strength. No one can take that away from you.

Next time you come I will expect you to win whether you expect to win or not.
Hi Boss we all know allans preparedness, we all done the same thing, and we lost all the temper because of competition, shouting each other in the event. and had big fight among team members just only to win. you guys know how everyone abused the Vehicles. if we know that some stages will not be considered for points just we may skipped that SS itself.
i liked palar because of Arkas effort in conducting it, and really i appreciate all marshals who are waited for the teams in that Sun and Rain. Hats-off to Marshals You guys deserve it.and not that idiot who is Questioning One marshal about the Broken Flag pole and Missing 2 rupee Spoon.
Old 18th August 2010, 00:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
and not that idiot who is Questioning One marshal about the Broken Flag pole and Missing 2 rupee Spoon.

Seriously, that was irritating. Being questioned about stupid spoons and flags was the limit after a gruelling session. Major's Camp Facility was good but coulve been better.

1 - Thursday, when we arrived at 12pm, alongwith UBS Sir, we were not given the AC tents. It seems some amount was not paid and we had to wait till Venky came in. It was ridiculous to make people wait in such a heat. AC came on very late at night.

2 - Food arrangements at the Camp were very good but while on the road, the so called icebox didnt have ice so it was just a box with the juices. The quantity of food provided was idiotic. Opening the rice box was a shocker, way too less. 5 Litres of water between 2 people also is very less in such a heat. Me and Guru were fortunate to carry 4-5 extra litres with us. whatever juices was left on day were taken back and the next day i found the overall quantity provided to be less. Comon Man, people pay, so give them some good stuff when they actually need it.

3 - Deducting points for a missing spoon. Dont know if he did that but if yes,then Sheesh . Some pointers for a better TPC 2011.

Allan, Khan Bhai. No need to get a trophy to prove that you are amongst the best we have (we already know that) so i think you should let go of what happened.

Arka has been humble enough to accept the mistakes very gracefully. I know competition and all, but ab ho gaya to jaane do and he has toiled to get this done in best possible way.
Next time would be better. We came to have fun and we did.

and BTW, when are the Bang Boys inviting the rest of the gang to their territory. You guys have a beauty of a terrain (got a taste while driving back to mumbai)

@GS, i am always available for the rubbish talk man, had nothin else to do anyways.
Old 18th August 2010, 00:21   #54
BHPian

OK guys, lets move on. The event was really great and very well organized. I liked especially, finding out the route to the next SS and it was really a challenge when it rained like anything washing out the tracks that we were following . you have chances to get stuck anywhere during the course of travel from one SS to another SS.

A small video here during the SS to SS:

and few pics that i captured on my mobile.
TPC2010 -Event Report-photo0035.jpg

TPC2010 -Event Report-photo0039.jpg

TPC2010 -Event Report-photo0040.jpg

TPC2010 -Event Report-photo0041.jpg

TPC2010 -Event Report-photo0042.jpg

TPC2010 -Event Report-photo0043.jpg

TPC2010 -Event Report-photo0032.jpg

TPC2010 -Event Report-photo0037.jpg

TPC2010 -Event Report-photo0044.jpg

TPC2010 -Event Report-photo0046.jpg

A SLR would have done justice to the scene. this one was most spectacular to watch in that rain at Mahendran's SS. He was so kind and came to us and asked whether we want to do the SS or wait till the rain stops. we opted to wait for rain to stop, but what the heck, we are here to challenge the whether and the terrain. we did not wait for rain to stop after looking at Mahendran continue manning the SS. kudos to O-team for taking more challenging task then what the competitors had.
TPC2010 -Event Report-photo0048.jpg
Old 18th August 2010, 06:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Boss we all know allans preparedness, we all done the same thing, and we lost all the temper because of competition, shouting each other in the event. and had big fight among team members just only to win. you guys know how everyone abused the Vehicles.
Not to take any credit away from you at all sir.

I was very proud of my SS until your team came along and just whizzed past it in 9 mins.

Quote:
i liked palar because of Arkas effort in conducting it, and really i appreciate all marshals who are waited for the teams in that Sun and Rain. Hats-off to Marshals You guys deserve it.
Coming from you, thats a big compliment
Old 18th August 2010, 08:01   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Kudos for the organisers and the participants.

Lets us get some more pics and description from inside the cabin about the satages and how it went.

Offtopic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Even if, for a moment you folks needed to do something about it, I think a better way in this case would be to remove the least 3 SS scores from each team and do the calculation. That way, each team competes with their top most scores and these 2 teams would also be not at a disadvantage.
In rallying regs we have something knows as "scratch time" In case a stage is cancelled half way (or for some teams only) due to some accident or such. In such a case instead of just cancelling the stage the scratch time is awarded to the teams who could not do the stage due to officially being stopped. The scratch time (or penalties) is based on criterion of slowest time out of all teams, average time of the stage and comparative performance of team in other stages.

This way we try to give fair representation to teams who were stopped and team who bled their hearts out in bid to finish fast. Not the best method but some thing like this could be thought up for the next event.
Old 18th August 2010, 08:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats Vikram, Dr.Jones and Lokesh.
Second time now vikram ?
Quote:
I think even the winners would be feeling sheepish about the awards as their fellow competitors saw them more than any marshall did.
Shanavaz, Pls read doc's post below which i too believe in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Its a learning process, TPC is evolving, everyone of us should give a helping hand and sacrifice a bit in its growth. It would be beneficial for all of us. So, to start with, instead of just talking, I need a solution and the problem to be stopped. As team BHP is a wonderful and a distinguished forum, I would like to hand over the decision to its members as of who should be the winner/Ist runner/IInd runner etc by calculating the points in such a way that it is fair for each and every competitor. I would be glad to hand over the trophy to a better winning team. I hope Vikram/Lokesh/Rajmohan/Ranjit would agree with me. Whatever the outcome, Iam willing to abide by the decision.

Guys, lets all join and clear the bitterness, cause it corrodes everything including a good friendship, BADLY.

Dr.Jones
Doc, I'm with you on this. May the best team get the first prize.

Quote:
Fourth, please take a look at the image sheet i uploaded and decide for yourself why we are criticizing. Apart from winners and tail enders, everybody else is affected.
Jaggu, please suggest in your opinion how the prizes could been done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Hmm, Headers congrats! So is this 3rd in a row? Necessary actions are taken by someone else, you know who it is :-P
LOL Spike,we'll chat later..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
I set about designing the SS on Day-1. When I saw the ease with which my SS was dispatched with (despite snaring Vikram and a few others on the tricky exit to the 2nd climb) I decided to UP the game on Day-2.
GS, your SS was cool man, If i was driving with BOTH my hands then things would have been easier..Anyways I liked the Day 2 SS better than Day 1.

Pl note that I was driving holding my Transfer GB lever with my left hand!!! to prevent further damage!

Quote:
Dr, that mistake is effecting other teams who deserve the award more than who are being given this award now because of this so called mistake. Why should our teams suffer?

Also, believe me, it is not just about those 3 SS's and 2 teams. As I said earlier, even the subjective awards raise a lot of questions for which we can't seem to find any logical answer

Dr, your team is a TRULY deserving winner. NO doubt about that -- not even for a fleeting second. You guys enjoy your happy moments as they are TRULY well deserved.

Don't worry, this talking things in open will get rid of the bitterness and make sure that participants feeling & sentiments are understood. Afterall, we (the participants) make the event happen. What fun will TPC be if you just have 9 - 10 people taking part

I just hope that next years TPC is not handled the way it has been this year. I really would not want to miss it next year just because i have a doubt in my mind about scoring/transparency/fairness etc.
KS, there is no point re-kindling the issue. Lets find a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Thanks Jaggu,
Just as you had mentioned, sometimes its better to have 'somethings' short ;-) and not Looong LOL.
I totally understand your criticism Bro, lets do something to end it.
Dr.Jones
Doc, we need to take Jaggu hunting

Quote:
Dear things change in Palar within days, that's what people told me
Yes please take this as a challenge, so that next TPC will be bigger and better. And please don't wake us up at 5 in the morning!

I carried a DSLR with 2 lens and never even took the camera out of the bag, coz i was instructed to be serious for a change!!
Jaggu,

1. Things change at Palar within a few hours!~

2. We left camp at 545 AM last year !!

3. You are smart to NOT remove the camera out of the Bag

Quote:
It is coming "off" the forum for you.

Quote:
And you a sweet heart! and i mean it. No need to apologize, let me say that again to all!!!

Appreciate you guys being open to feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
again, i stand by what prithvi says and i strongly feel
major major partiality towards the indo srilankan team
and dont blame me for this statement, you just bought out this sentement in me
and next time if i do feel like coming to palar, id come with the expectations to loose as id know ud favour them again
this time i came all out to win, only i know how much preparation and money is gone in from my side, ask all the customers whose work is pending in my garage
and to come third cause of your goof up or your partiality is just demeaning
and if your o team did decide on this rule of yours, ud have to atleast keep us in the loop sir, we make this event happen, all 12 teams that is
what was such a wonderful experience is ending turning up to be a wide wakeup call for me to the fact that "life is not fair"
and vikram im not talking about your team, you'll were the best buddy
and along with the banglore boys be competition for me if i do decide to come next year
i did not get to see the blue banglore teams perform, but watching khan, prithvi and gang tackle the terrain, blew me away
Allan, I can understand your frustration when you've taken the effort to come such a distance.

I'm sure the O team will correct themselves

Contrary to what you saw, I could never see you guys tackle the terrain and hope to see the same soon. You've got my mind tickling on that V8 power man.. - serious!! Tell me if you've got any more engines / GBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
We really did BUST ourselves out there. FYI I have Oedema in both feet now because of standing around for so many hours.
GS,thats because of your *eight man..not because of standing: LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Congratulations Vikram, Dr. Jones and Lokesh. I have seen you guys for past two years. You deserved a win. Congratulations Ali, i know you are a superb driver!
Hi Vinod, really missed you da, this years SS were so much more fun than last year when we had to "hunt" Things were so clearly defined that all we had to do was focus on the obstacle.

Quote:
Hats-off to Marshals You guys deserve it.and not that idiot who is Questioning One marshal about the Broken Flag pole and Missing 2 rupee Spoon.
I too paid the fine of Rs. 25/- for the spoon on day 1!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Seriously, that was irritating. Being questioned about stupid spoons and flags was the limit after a gruelling session. Major's Camp Facility was good but coulve been better.
Guys, maybe we should start a thread to make TPC better..what say?

Last edited by headers : 18th August 2010 at 08:13.
Old 18th August 2010, 08:12   #58
Senior - BHPian

where are the rest of the pix?
Old 18th August 2010, 08:23   #59
BHPian

im sorry to sound like a broken recorded ,
but all your efforts into organising the toughest offroading event in india just went kaput cause of mistakes on the organising point of view.
your lack of cordination has resulted in two teams getting an advantage and a majority of teams getting penalised
i came as a competitior to palar and to win was my goal
i did not deserve to win the event as a better team did and all kudos to them
but as i see the sheets i totally think we deserved second place and vijay reddys team third overall.
but as a very wise men said "your event, your rules even if they go against what ull only briefed us about"
does anybody remember what major roy said during giving the award for the most spirited team to red2 ?
Old 18th August 2010, 08:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Vijay. But where are the action pics!!!

May be a new rule should be amended for TPC.
Quote:
Whichever team puts the action pics will get 2 spoons, Oops 2 points. The more you put, the more points
Time to discuss with O-team

Most Viewed