Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 17:26   #106
Senior - BHPian

@Siddhartha - THERE WERE NO SCORING SCREW UPS

To everyone, there needs to be clarity on this. THERE WAS NO SCORING SCREW UP!!!

Not sure why everyone has the impression that the scores were improperly given to certain teams - this is NOT what happened. What happened was that one end of the trail followed the 6 hour cut-off and the other end did not. The decision was made to scrap the stages that were affected because of this. I am not here to ponder the merits/demerits of scrapping the stages instead of following some of the suggestions provided by Allan/Khan but I want to categorically state that the scoring was absolutely above board.
Old 18th August 2010, 17:34   #107
Sha
BHPian

If all the mistakes has to be corrected, TPC 2010 need to be done again.
Old 18th August 2010, 17:35   #108
BHPian

@gs - okay. agreed, wrong choice of words. all i meant to say that i wish there was no controversy with regards to the results.
Old 18th August 2010, 17:36   #109
Senior - BHPian

Thank You!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
TPC 2010 was a great experience. All of us bangy boys definitely had a lot of fun(including when we had tempers flying) i would love to participate again.
our team (red3) just had shitty luck this time.

CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners.

ORGANISERS - truly a great job! wish the scoring screw ups had not happened.

@arka - Thank you soo much for helping me with the valve cover gasket.
Hi Siddhartha,

The level of competition was very fierce this year because of the Bang Bros.

In fact you guys raised it to the next level.

The 3 Teams from Bangalore, were all out in the competition, and were no holds barred.

Shahnawaz & Prthivi were superb in their Gypsy's and if they had you active, then I'm pretty sure the final tally would be closely contested.

Vijay Reddy's team was slow and steady and were quick to solve their problems with a healthy dose of the accelerator pedal.

Swastik Viji's team was eager to take on the SS without any fuss and were ready to fix all the mechanical issues on site and move on.

The preparedness of the Bangalore Teams were surprising, you guys were practically carrying a workshop in you vehicles, on the riverbed.

I suggested to a few guys to carry only the bare essential spares, to save weight, it helps on the sand and also easier from the safety perspective, no flying parts.

We look forward to seeing you guys in action again and at TPC2011.

We will definitely address the issues which happened this year.

Regards,

Arka
Old 18th August 2010, 17:46   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@gs - okay. agreed, wrong choice of words. all i meant to say that i wish there was no controversy with regards to the results.
I wish you had a chance to do the water crossing on SS3 Day-2. I think your Gypsy was closest to stock (correct me if I am wrong). Prithvi was stuck so you went ahead and came back to retrieve him so he could finish the rest of the obstacles. It was well coordinated...I just wish you'd dived in as well
Old 18th August 2010, 17:47   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
our team (red3) just had shitty luck this time.
===============
ORGANISERS - truly a great job! wish the scoring screw ups had not happened.

@arka - Thank you soo much for helping me with the valve cover gasket.
and its not luck, admit it you screwed up and i heard from someone you don't even know how to drive a car

But yes Arka we don't know how to thank you for the gasket and the arrangements made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
I wish you had a chance to do the water crossing on SS3 Day-2. I think your Gypsy was closest to stock (correct me if I am wrong). Prithvi was stuck so you went ahead and came back to retrieve him so he could finish the rest of the obstacles. It was well coordinated...I just wish you'd dived in as well
Lol that gypsy was on limp mode, the great webber were chocked and he didnt have idle or primary circuit of the carb working. He would have sunk and increased the stink at the site

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th August 2010 at 17:50.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:02   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
and its not luck, admit it you screwed up and i heard from someone you don't even know how to drive a car

But yes Arka we don't know how to thank you for the gasket and the arrangements made!

@jaggu - LOL! true, i dont even have a valid driver's license.

But for me the highlight of the TPC 2010 was JAGGU wearing his sunglasses ( which were darker than welding goggles) and trying to check the gypsy's carb and saying " SIDDU, GET THE TORCH , I CANT SEE ANYTHING".

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th August 2010 at 18:52. Reason: Please limit smilies to 2 per post. Thanks
Old 18th August 2010, 18:05   #113
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for sharing the report Arka.
Many congratulations on the completion of TPC 2010.
A big thumbs up to the O-Team for managing such a competition.
Last but not the least, many congratulations to Vikram's team, Vijay's Team and Allan's Team, Prithvi, Prabhu and others for the feat!
Sorry to hear about the cancellation of a few stages. Hope, the deserving people get their credit.
Cheers once again to all folks who were involved.
Deepak
Old 18th August 2010, 18:08   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

But for me the highlight of the TPC 2010 was JAGGU wearing his sunglasses ( which were darker than welding goggles) and trying to check the gypsy's carb and saying " SIDDU, GET THE TORCH , I CANT SEE ANYTHING".
Good one, and i thought it would be me wondering, if i should spot OR hang on to the khan's "tent of an umbrella" OR rescue the cowboy hat which was flying away. Thank god you didn't see that! gs saw it he he he

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th August 2010 at 18:53.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:11   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
O-Team : Points to be noted. Next time, include this in the mandatory docs for eligibility to the event

Quote:
Seems you had too much fun. Oops, three [much] smileys!!!!

And thanks Jaggu, for the video to prove who is best driver. Lol...
Old 18th August 2010, 18:31   #116
BHPian

Arka,
Please try to post some pictures of the Blue 4 and Prowler, we never had a camera with us. I saw a gentleman taking wonderful photos of us doing the stunts, hope you can get hold of them, I think he was in the Arkadeep's SS. Vikram , any idea of the Phantom man ?
Old 18th August 2010, 18:54   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lol that gypsy was on limp mode, the great webber were chocked and he didnt have idle or primary circuit of the carb working. He would have sunk and increased the stink at the site
Yup, heard from Siddu about his carb issue while we met at Aravind's SS. The fun is in learning to drive and overcome with the trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Arka,
Please try to post some pictures of the Blue 4 and Prowler, we never had a camera with us. I saw a gentleman taking wonderful photos of us doing the stunts, hope you can get hold of them, I think he was in the Arkadeep's SS. Vikram , any idea of the Phantom man ?
There are always such illusionary photographers doc. Its best NOT to expect any photos of TPC.

And this is not the first year that we have such photographers

Overall, good event that WILL be better next year, i'm sure with the inputs from various angles.

Last edited by headers : 18th August 2010 at 18:56.
Old 18th August 2010, 19:16   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Oh, me & prithvi loved this SS. IIRC, we both completed it in 2 minutes flat. both the vehicles & all 5 obstacles with no fuss.
That was my SS. I thought I setup a tough one...only to have Viji and his team breeze through in 9 mins. And now you guys did it in 2 mins

Well next time...
Old 18th August 2010, 20:38   #119
BANNED

Quote:

I carried a DSLR with 2 lens and never even took the camera out of the bag, coz i was instructed to be serious for a change!!

Oh that was bad!

@ Arka ,Can you post the teams and vehicles in sequence if you have?
Old 18th August 2010, 21:50   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
O-Team : Points to be noted. Next time, include this in the mandatory docs for eligibility to the event

Seems you had too much fun. Oops, three [much] smileys!!!!

And thanks Jaggu, for the video to prove who is best driver. Lol...
Which video are you talking about???

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Arka,
Arka:
I too would like to have some of the images of our team if you can have a set of all the complied images put on to a CD and sent to BLR, i will distribute it among the boys here.

Jaggu: You can't be out with your dual lens DSLR, remember you had to spot for the team. Not that you did any spotting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks