Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 16:38   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Boss, read carefully and then quote "in context" of the suggestion being made. I was just using this as an example to point how the sequence of teams has a role to play and if possible asking the O-Team to take it into consideration. Instead of looking at the spirit of the suggestion you are going off-tangent.

OK, just so you know, even UBS agreed in the evening that sequence of teams has a role to play and how next year a 'circular start' was being planned.
Khan i didnt mean to prove any thing just wanted to share the info.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:50   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
If we made a mistake which benefits 9 teams, we have to compensate the other 2....
No. it doesn't benefit our team AT ALL. Our team had finished well before time. So, we don't benefit for sure. (unless the score sheets throw surprises, because we are 100% sure that we had finished all SS's by 4.15-4.30 itself)

So, how are you compensating us sirji..???

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th August 2010 at 17:47. Reason: Cleanup
Old 19th August 2010, 16:53   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchless View Post
Khan i didnt mean to prove any thing just wanted to share the info.
No probs my friend. Now I understand. point taken.
Old 19th August 2010, 17:22   #154
Senior - BHPian

Amazing

Quote:
No. it doesn't benefit our team AT ALL. Our team had finished well before time. So, we don't benefit for sure. (unless the score sheets throw surprises, because we are 100% sure that we had finished all SS's by 4.15-4.30 itself)

So, how are you compensating us sirji..???

Hi Shahnawaz,

You're Team didn't get the advantage, in fact it was the few teams which lost out because we allowed other teams to continue after 1700hrs.

Your Team managed to cover the SS and Day#1, in very good time, you also had the advantage of running one vehicle less on Day#1.

Regards,

Arka
Attached Thumbnails
TPC2010 -Event Report-red3.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th August 2010 at 17:50. Reason: cleaned up the quoted part..
Old 19th August 2010, 18:21   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We cannot just stop 2 teams and tell them we are sorry, when we have just allowed 9 Teams to go ahead.
Arka sometimes you have to do what you have to do! That's why you set rules and follow them to a T, you should have started with disqualifying BLR team on scrutiny day itself or penalize atleast. I thought you would and had scared all of these characters he he

My suggestion let teams run, compile all the points for all SS. Compile all run time. Then penalize or cut off the points for teams who didn't meet the criteria of run time or the last possible time for the SS to be run safely due to falling light.

As far as i remember on day 2 while returning through your stage with our lights ON, competition was still ON

EDIT: If by mistake of O team or circumstance beyond control if a stage is cancelled for some team, give them an average score based on their performance. With excel in your comp it aint a difficult process.

Quote:
I also am double sure, i just need to check the call register of the other phone to confirm the exact time to seconds, coz i had made a call to Sidhu when we finished. Even Prithvi's broken BB will show the record lol

EDIT: Could you please share the excel sheets also, so that i can do some number crunching. Entering all data from the image will take time

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th August 2010 at 18:25.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:23   #156
BHPian

arka enough has been said by me and in all honestly im quite exhausted now,
my only point here being that red 4 started after me and because of a breaddown were late and we overtook them,
i dont want any advantage but are they not liabale to some kind of disadvantage
red 2 started late cause one vehicle neever turned up cause of a breakdown and came in late, does that not make them liable to any disadvantage
but what has happened is that they have ended up with a visible advantage
if teams had to be stopped including mine, let they be stopped, we were held up at gurus stage cause two blue teams were inline before us and later we also ended up winching sunil out at the request of guru where he also added that this time would be reduced
but anyways sir, youll are the organisers and we as a group were happy to participate, just that coming from so far away to go back disheartened due to a mistake by the o-team is not the best feeling in the world
thanks for having us and thanks for the experience
All the best for tpc 2011
we still hold the record for the perfect score on day1 and me for the perfect score on day 1 clearing each obstacle on the first attempt
Old 19th August 2010, 18:36   #157
Senior - BHPian

Thank You!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
arka enough has been said by me and in all honestly im quite exhausted now,
my only point here being that red 4 started after me and because of a breaddown were late and we overtook them,
i dont want any advantage but are they not liabale to some kind of disadvantage
red 2 started late cause one vehicle neever turned up cause of a breakdown and came in late, does that not make them liable to any disadvantage
but what has happened is that they have ended up with a visible advantage
if teams had to be stopped including mine, let they be stopped, we were held up at gurus stage cause two blue teams were inline before us and later we also ended up winching sunil out at the request of guru where he also added that this time would be reduced
but anyways sir, youll are the organisers and we as a group were happy to participate, just that coming from so far away to go back disheartened due to a mistake by the o-team is not the best feeling in the world
thanks for having us and thanks for the experience
All the best for tpc 2011
we still hold the record for the perfect score on day1 and me for the perfect score on day 1 clearing each obstacle on the first attempt
Hi Allan,

People have Maxxed SS1, SS1.....SS10.

But you on the other hand Maxxed Day#1, This is a TPC Record since 2008, and it can only be equalled but never beaten. (The No. of SS will keep Varying)

You have a good team and you are a good leader (Good Drivers we see all the time), with this years record and experience, we would love to see you at TPC2011, with all our short comings covered, to give you a better post event experience.

Thank You!!!!!!!

Regards,

Arka

PS - Let the pics do the talking now.
Old 19th August 2010, 19:07   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Allan, it was a pleasure meeting you and your team. Unfortunately, we did not get see you or your team in action.

BTW, most of us cleared most obstacles in first attempt this year.

I personally, would have loved to see your MG416 at TPC. Looks like i gotta wait one whole year for that.

And NEXT year, please come with lesser powered vehicles. There is a mad group in Chennai who want to chase you and overtake you on "equal" terms [I mean either all of us get V8 power or you get a 1.3 power!!]

Quote:
But you on the other hand Maxxed Day#1, This is a TPC Record since 2008, and it can only be equalled but never beaten. (The No. of SS will keep Varying)
Congrats on your TPC record . We hope to see more of such in the years to come.

There are more records to be broken too!
Old 19th August 2010, 19:39   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Allan, it was a pleasure meeting you and your team. Unfortunately, we did not get see you or your team in action.

BTW, most of us cleared most obstacles in first attempt this year.

I personally, would have loved to see your MG416 at TPC. Looks like i gotta wait one whole year for that.

And NEXT year, please come with lesser powered vehicles. There is a mad group in Chennai who want to chase you and overtake you on "equal" terms [I mean either all of us get V8 power or you get a 1.3 power!!]

Congrats on your TPC record . We hope to see more of such in the years to come.

There are more records to be broken too!

warning you in advance, expect v12 power next year with equally powred drivers, dont say i never told ya
its your time to come to our side of the country, we will have a ball here
Old 19th August 2010, 19:45   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
warning you in advance, expect v12 power next year with equally powred drivers, dont say i never told ya
Sure Allan, just tell me the dates in advance so that i can plan!!

Cheers
Old 19th August 2010, 20:53   #161
BHPian

Hi Arka. Congratulations to you and your team on successfully managing this herculeon event. Your homework on the event seems to be flawless and exhaustive.
Please convey my warm regads to Maj Roy also.
Old 20th August 2010, 00:29   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You are mad or what? See if you can manage the tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Hi Arka. Congratulations to you and your team on successfully managing this herculeon event. Your homework on the event seems to be flawless and exhaustive.
Please convey my warm regads to Maj Roy also.
Unfortunately it missed quite a bit of details. Best wishes for next year atleast. Hopefully next year we will get better reports.
Old 20th August 2010, 02:02   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Unfortunately it missed quite a bit of details. Best wishes for next year atleast. Hopefully next year we will get better reports.
Sir,

It wasn't quite that bad, was it?

The mistakes are not going to make the whole event a non-event. We did put up a good show and it will be even better next year.

You make it sound like TPC 2010 is not worthy of a report.

Especially for you Jaggu since you felt the whole event was like a cake, we will try to make it worthy for next year . It will be on a whole new level. On all aspects.

Thanks for your wishes
Old 20th August 2010, 07:45   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Especially for you Jaggu since you felt the whole event was like a cake, we will try to make it worthy for next year . It will be on a whole new level. On all aspects.

Thanks for your wishes

yup. especially for jaggu preparing his petrol CJ3B....
Old 20th August 2010, 10:59   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Sir,

It wasn't quite that bad, was it?

The mistakes are not going to make the whole event a non-event. We did put up a good show and it will be even better next year.

You make it sound like TPC 2010 is not worthy of a report.

Thanks for your wishes
Arrangements etc were really good, i dont have any doubts and would like to congratulate the O team again on this. Only the competition aspect was buggered up, honestly all the hype about the terrain was over blown.

And unless a crystal clear rule book is published and assurance given it will be adhered to, i would not step into a competition vehicle even as a co-passenger. I would rather come there on my terms and shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
yup. especially for jaggu preparing his petrol CJ3B....
For that you will have to wait couple of years, coz DwArF is nowhere near perfect. As i said a brand new gypsy or a thra But DKG's CJ3B can kick some serious behinds lol and that would be a sight to watch.

Most Viewed