Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 15:30   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
This is usually what is done on a Golf Course for a Tournament.
==============
Another advantage is that all teams will get a shot at one set of SS when that set of SS is still unspoiled by the attacks/approaches from other temas. Kind of evens the field little bit.
Ram excellent suggestion, i definitely like the idea overall. Guys please think about this, if this can be incorporated.
Old 26th August 2010, 16:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Good initiative !

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
...I am starting this thread to get views from all concerned on what they would like better in next years TPC...
Thanks a lot for taking this initiative, khan_sultan !
It is indeed very nice to note that you have highlighted the positive points first...thanks indeed for this gesture

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
List of things I liked this year and would like the O-Team to continue in next years TPC:
  • Good quality light food. (less chances of falling sick)
I would like to reiterate this point : the quantity of the packed lunch has been kept minimal with reason (there were some complaints that it was too less). It wouldn't be a good idea to have a heavy packed lunch, during the course of the competition : it would increase chances of de-hydration and chances of falling sick. It is better to compensate with more liquid intake. Hence more ORS/buttermilk than packed-lunch.

One of the suggestions that I would like to give :additional container of drinking-water per vehicle (two people), one container for two people is not sufficient.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 26th August 2010 at 16:33.
Old 26th August 2010, 18:39   #33
Team-BHP Support

Yup i too agree, eating was the last thing on our minds, whereas the ORS and especially the buttermilk really helped. Yes 2 5L cans would be really helpful. Radiator water was very thoughtful, but i don't know how many needed it. And it was not sufficient in numbers coz we never got a can
Old 26th August 2010, 18:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
...These rules once laid out cannot be changed ...
The rules ARE NEVER changed at the TPC as well. There were some unfortunate mistakes which happened, and this has been misunderstood/miscommunicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Sir,

The rules ARE never changed. Some people / teams missed the main briefing - misunderstood certain points and are trying to confuse others.
Very well put, headers ! Being one of the TPC veterans, you should know it well
Old 26th August 2010, 19:12   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Thanks a lot for taking this initiative, khan_sultan !
It is indeed very nice to note that you have highlighted the positive points first...thanks indeed for this gesture
As I said, it is our duty/responsibility as participants to highlight the good aspects. Honestly, I REALLY want to see that next years TPC is a pleasant experience for all.

Quote:
One of the suggestions that I would like to give :additional container of drinking-water per vehicle (two people), one container for two people is not sufficient.
YES.!!! Fully agree.

Quote:
The rules ARE NEVER changed at the TPC as well. There were some unfortunate mistakes which happened, and this has been misunderstood/miscommunicated.
Well, I am resisting to bring this up again but looks like I have to post again on this subject.

I think it is obvious to everyone on this forum that all the misunderstanding & miscommunication has been because of the O-team and not because of the participants. And then the subsequent application of rules to rectify the mistakes is being questioned by participants and so are the mistakes in the team/individual results.

Anyway, I had thought that we had seen the last of the rules etc issue, but honestly this doesn't look like it.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:16   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Very well put, headers ! Being one of the TPC veterans, you should know it well
For one last time: Where in the briefing, day 1 or day 2 the cancellation rule was discussed/made public?

Why is this question being shied away and made to portray like sour grapes?

Please correct me if am wrong, mistaken or trying to confuse others?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 27th August 2010 at 12:12. Reason: Cleanup
Old 27th August 2010, 11:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the official TPC rules handbook is being churned out as we speak. Please refrain from discussing the topic of rules any further...

We want TPC to be the benchmark event for off-roading. Presently we have no other competitive event in India of this scale. TPC is run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts so lets work together and stop this bickering.

Lets wait for the handbook!
Old 27th August 2010, 11:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

headers had made a valid point, which I agreed with, and I posted in order to confirm that what he was saying was not just some chit-chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
...Please correct me if am wrong, mistaken or trying to confuse others?
mmmm....i think this discussion is best left offline (maybe when I visit BLR next, or you come by Chennai !)

gsferrari, completely agree with you

Last edited by khan_sultan : 27th August 2010 at 12:13. Reason: cleanup, as the original referenced post has been edited
Old 27th August 2010, 11:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One last time, where in the briefing was the cancellation model explained? Please refrain from misleading others!

And please stick to suggestions instead of this chit chat, there is another thread for the same.

Quote:
Not fair B_T: I had great respect for you till now.

For one last time: Where in the briefing, day 1 or day 2 the cancellation rule was discussed/made public?

@ Jaggu SIR, yes you are misleading others as well as the event by bickering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
TPC is run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts so lets work together and stop this bickering.
Lets work together in taking the event a notch higher than otherwise.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 27th August 2010 at 11:58. Reason: Cleanup. NOTE: Discussion of mod action is not allowed. Use report post is required
Old 27th August 2010, 12:04   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
IMO, there is no point in getting personal here...my respect for you continues to remain the same after reading the above post

headers had made a valid point, which I agreed with, and I posted in order to confirm that what he was saying was not just some chit-chat.

mmmm....i think this discussion is best left offline (maybe when I visit BLR next, or you come by Chennai !)

gsferrari, completely agree with you
Ill refrain from the same, and will ask to remove that comment if you feel it was in bad taste. You can also let the Mod team know.

If Headers have a valid point, he has to prove it. Its not only me, most of the participants are wondering about this ambiguous nature of the rule book. In my personal opinion, some people are trying to just create confusion here, otherwise they need to explain with proof. So far they have NOT.

I don't have anything to discuss offline about TPC, whatever i have to say i can and will say in public.

Its just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Guys, the official TPC rules handbook is being churned out as we speak. Please refrain from discussing the topic of rules any further...

We want TPC to be the benchmark event for off-roading. Presently we have no other competitive event in India of this scale. TPC is run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts so lets work together and stop this bickering.

Lets wait for the handbook!
Quote:
@ MOD Jaggu SIR, yes you are misleading others as well as the event by bickering. If pointed out, it is deleted by teh GODS automatically.

I believe this post will remain if this forum is believed to be democratic.

Lets work together in taking the event a notch higher than otherwise.
I can also say that you are publicly trying to malign me, its for the other members in the forum to decide if i have been fair when i wear my mod cap.

If you are referring to deletion of content in GS's post, please check with him what i had deleted. Then ask him who deleted the rest of the post and why?

Many of the facts i had posted subsequently was deleted by mod teams coz it was reply to GS.

Please understand am a member also, in this case a participant of TPC. And most of the time since i wear the mod hat i have to refrain from expressing my true feelings to some misleading comments, because i have some respect for the duties i perform. I don't think i need to justify that anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think all are interested in making TPC a better event next year, some are still trying to cover up and justify their failure. Others who are more mature and accepted the mistakes also are being pulled in for no fault of theirs. Well that according to me is in very bad taste and will not help TPC.

Please note that if we were running sour grape phenomenon we could have created a scene at award function itself. We knew where we goofed up and have humility to accept it and move on.

Only when the unfair practices were raised in the points excel we commented and that too we never used it to help our cause. Now people are commenting that we are here to make trouble. Thanks for the feedback, but i believe truth should prevail.

Now having seen the true color of things, i don't have any hope that things are going to change. People who raise questions and mind you they have all the rights, will be just maligned in public.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th August 2010 at 12:07.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Guys this is going nowhere. Lets discuss once the handbook is released. Forget 2010 - roll on 2011.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

lets move forward

Quote:
Lets work together in taking the event a notch higher
Yes, this is the right approach, work together or we will reach nowhere.

Quote:
I can also say that you are publicly trying to malign me, its for the other members in the forum to decide if i have been fair when i wear my mod cap.

---------

I don't think all are interested in making TPC a better event next year, some are still trying to cover up and justify their failure. Others who are more mature and accepted the mistakes also are being pulled in for no fault of theirs. Well that according to me is in very bad taste and will not help TPC.
Although I didn't attend the event, by going through this thread I feel what Khan,Jaggu and Alan have mentioned here are in the right spirits. They have mentioned the good points as well as the fallacies, it is up to the individuals, O-team how they take in their stride.

Even, I felt some members are trying to fuddle, mislead others from the truth which is incorrect. It is human to err, everyone over here will appreciate those who came forward and agreed to the mistakes. I really appreciate Arka, GS for that. Even if wrong, you must have B***S to stand up and speak, that is what distinguishes the ordinary from the best.

Quote:
If you discuss all these offline, what will you do online?

Spike

PS- I thought of keeping mum, but could not seeing what was going around. No offenses meant please.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:32   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

As i said in my earlier posts that I had thought that we had seen the last of this but.......................

Quote:
@ Jaggu SIR, yes you are misleading others as well as the event by bickering. ...
My friend, you have been going on and on about this without any evidence. I think there is a very simple way to prove that he is misleading people here:

You just have to explain that where in the briefing, day 1 or day 2 the cancellation rule was discussed/made public?

I hope you do understand that the "cancellation" and how it has been subsequently handled/transparency is the root of all the issues here.

Now; if you are not doing that, inspite of being asked to do multiple times, it is kind of fairly obvious to people on who is trying to mislead, confuse & make false accusations.
Old 27th August 2010, 13:05   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, now for some ideas/suggestions:

Continuing on the things I like about TPC:
  • Team Work. I would really like the organizers to ensure/continue this aspect of the competition. 3 vehicles - one TEAM.
Describing one scenario for next year to see how it could be handled by O-Team.

Assumptions:
  • Only those people who are part of the teams are eligible to take part in the "individual event"
  • Individual event takes place towards the END of TPC (after team SS's)
  • It is kind of obvious that obstacles over 18 SS's can take a toll on the vehicle. Not doing few SS's can actually make a difference
  • A team (and individuals within that team) is not at all bothered with team standings and just doesn't even try or doesn't do most SS's. (Assume that they are intested in only the individual event).
Would this be allowed and they be eligible to do the "individual event"??

So, how do we handle this? Should we even worry about it? Shouldn't there be a criteria to be 'eligible' for the individual event?

Or, as I posted earlier also, should there be a different way to determine the best driver/4wd??

PS: The reason I am posting this is to outline as many strange scenarios as possible so that the O-Team can get inputs from various perspectives and plan accordingly.
Old 27th August 2010, 13:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Cancel

Quote:

Why is this question being shied away and made to portray like sour grapes?

Hi Jaggu,

The Cancellation of the SS1/2/3 on Day#1 was decided over 2 days amongst the O-Team. This was the first time in 3 years where we faced the above situation.

The Reasons for the cancellation have been given in depth.

I have apologised for the decision not being conveyed to the competitors, during the event. (Please check the deleted posts).

Any other rules you would like me to clarify?

Regards,

Arka

Most Viewed