Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 14:35   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Jaggu,

The Cancellation of the SS1/2/3 on Day#1 was decided over 2 days amongst the O-Team. This was the first time in 3 years where we faced the above situation.

The Reasons for the cancellation have been given in depth.

I have apologised for the decision not being conveyed to the competitors, during the event. (Please check the deleted posts).

Any other rules you would like me to clarify?

Regards,

Arka
Arka i completely appreciate your reply and admire your views of accepting it and am sure you will not make the same error next time.

I was not questioning this!

It was alleged that some of us didn't attend or listen to the briefing and understand this rule. I have a problem when somebody tries to mis-represent facts!

As you said this was not part of briefing and was a decision which was made by O team over the days. This is all i want to clarify.

Hope atleast your post drives some sense into others.

Once again my best regards to you and others involved in arranging this event.

cheers
Jaggu
Old 27th August 2010, 14:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Criteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Ok, now for some ideas/suggestions:

Continuing on the things I like about TPC:
  • Team Work. I would really like the organizers to ensure/continue this aspect of the competition. 3 vehicles - one TEAM.
Describing one scenario for next year to see how it could be handled by O-Team.

Assumptions:
  • Only those people who are part of the teams are eligible to take part in the "individual event"
  • Individual event takes place towards the END of TPC (after team SS's)
  • It is kind of obvious that obstacles over 18 SS's can take a toll on the vehicle. Not doing few SS's can actually make a difference
  • A team (and individuals within that team) is not at all bothered with team standings and just doesn't even try or doesn't do most SS's. (Assume that they are interested in only the individual event).
Would this be allowed and they be eligible to do the "individual event"??

So, how do we handle this? Should we even worry about it? Shouldn't there be a criteria to be 'eligible' for the individual event?

Or, as I posted earlier also, should there be a different way to determine the best driver/4wd??

PS: The reason I am posting this is to outline as many strange scenarios as possible so that the O-Team can get inputs from various perspectives and plan accordingly.

Hi Shahnawaz,

We decided to make TPC a team based event because, in the growing off-road scenario in INDIA, team-work will ensure success in every event, and wanted to encourage it.

The Individual Event are of 2 Types.

i) Most Performing 4WD (1/2/3) based on cumulative scores of Day#1 & Day#2. Its is attributed to the Vehicle because the Driver & Navigator can exchange seats at anytime, also can change among the Team.

2008 - Vikram MG413
2008 - Sean Hameed MG413
2009 - Mhd.Ali CJ3B

ii) Individual Special Stages Competition.

This is a fun event where anyone & everyone (Competitor/O-Team/Guests/Navigators) can compete over one SS, and ranked for the fastest timing, attempts for tie-breaker

This SS is selected just before the ISSC, Day#2 (1600-1700hrs).

In 2008 Mhd.Ali (O-Team) was the 1st & Vikram was 2nd.

In 2009 Ranjith Kuttan was 1st, Mhd.Ali (O-Team) 2nd, Vikram was 3rd.

This is a fun event where everyone gets together, it does not make any difference to the main event.

This year we couldn't hold it due to lack of time. Hence the ISSC Prizes were given after Voting by 11 members of the O-Team.

Regards,

Arka
Old 27th August 2010, 15:17   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Shahnawaz,

We decided to make TPC a team based event because, in the growing off-road scenario in INDIA, team-work will ensure success in every event, and wanted to encourage it.
. 1000000%. Do keep it that way -- this team based format rocks.

Quote:
The Individual Event are of 2 Types.

i) Most Performing 4WD (1/2/3) based on cumulative scores of Day#1 & Day#2. Its is attributed to the Vehicle because the Driver & Navigator can exchange seats at anytime, also can change among the Team.
GREAT.!!! Perfect.

Quote:
ii) Individual Special Stages Competition.

This is a fun event where anyone & everyone (Competitor/O-Team/Guests/Navigators) can compete over one SS, and ranked for the fastest timing, attempts for tie-breaker....
Now that you explained this in detail, this really makes sense. A fun event towards the end to chill down with all fellow participants in 4wd style.

Most Viewed