Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2010, 18:16   #16
BHPian

I advise expensive vehicle owners (Scorpio & high end Boleros) to stay away. There are shrubs and might damage your paint.

hey Vinod, do you mean i should stay away with my Bolero??? NAH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21st August 2010, 20:05   #17
BHPian

Hi vinod,I think this a great innitiative...from now on the MGE should have seperate events for 2 and 4 wheel drive vehicle.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Lol enjoy. But what's the point if invite can't be extended. Report would be much better. :-/
lol Jaggu...only online entires are closed. You can still register with local dealer there. We normally keep a quota for local dealer to cater to local customers who have no access to online registration and payments.
Interested guys can still contact the address below-
Karnataka Agencies
GavanaHalli; KM road; Chikkamagalur
Contact Santosh +919740954545
Limited entries. (Open for 4wd vehicles only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Is it true that it is raining in Chikkamagalur every alternate days??!! If this trend continues we are in for a havoc OTR on 28th. Cant wait to get there...
I wish rains must happen...only then its fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
@vinod, When is the MGE?? And is dad coming??
If it is 4wd event i think he wouldnt miss it at any cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
I advise expensive vehicle owners (Scorpio & high end Boleros) to stay away. There are shrubs and might damage your paint.

hey Vinod, do you mean i should stay away with my Bolero??? NAH!!!!!!!!!!
There are shrubs. All depends upon how you use your vehicle. Too bothered about paint quality stay away

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
Hi vinod,I think this a great innitiative...from now on the MGE should have seperate events for 2 and 4 wheel drive vehicle.
Kunal,
This had to happen. In coming days/ months you will see more changes.

some more pics to fuel your apetite-
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-17082010013.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-17082010021.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-17082010023.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-18082010001.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-160820101887.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-160820101889.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-170820101897.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-170820101903.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-180820101905.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-190820101916.jpg  

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 23rd August 2010 at 16:42.
Old 24th August 2010, 00:38   #19

@vinod, how far is this from bombay??
Old 24th August 2010, 17:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Need help arranging accommodation in Chikmagalur

Hey Vinod I will be coming over with my wife and a close friend. Needed a place to stay from 11am, 27th (Fri) to 11am, 29th (Sun). Taj Gateway is working out too expensive considering our usage which is basically just sleep hours and luggage dumping... For 3 of s it will work out to 25K for 2 days here, LOL!

Are there any other decent places around that could be relatively cheaper that you know of? Any lead would be extremely helpful...

CALLING ALL CHIKMAGALUR'ians HELP

@Cyrus: Around 880kms

Last edited by The Wolf : 24th August 2010 at 17:15.
Old 24th August 2010, 18:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Vinod I will be coming over with my wife and a close friend. Needed a place to stay from 11am, 27th (Fri) to 11am, 29th (Sun). Taj Gateway is working out too expensive considering our usage which is basically just sleep hours and luggage dumping... For 3 of s it will work out to 25K for 2 days here, LOL!

Are there any other decent places around that could be relatively cheaper that you know of? Any lead would be extremely helpful...

You can check out 'The Planter's Court' on Mudigere road. It should be a good option. I am not aware of the rates though. There are a few decent lodges on the IG road (near the bus stand). Else you can try the clubs, Kadur club, Chikmagalur Club and Golf Club if you are a member of any affiliated club.
Old 24th August 2010, 18:43   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
lol Jaggu...only online entires are closed. You can still register with local dealer there. We normally keep a quota for local dealer to cater to local customers who have no access to online registration and payments.
Oh man! Why oh why did you post it now, made some plans over the weekend And this place is closer for us BLR guys!!
Old 25th August 2010, 20:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wolf,
25K will be way too expensive. You should be able to find some thing near bus stand. Iam not aware of any specific place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Oh man! Why oh why did you post it now, made some plans over the weekend And this place is closer for us BLR guys!!
Plan it for Wayanad then, its a beautiful place!!

For any assistance you can call me on my number- 7738144134
Old 26th August 2010, 10:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Needed a place to stay from 11am, 27th (Fri) to 11am, 29th (Sun).

Try Planter's court. It's a decent Place. Price around 1K/day.
I have attached a file of Hotel in CKM district. Hope it helps.resorts_hotels_Chickmagalur[1].pdf
Old 29th August 2010, 23:10   #25
Team-BHP Support

When is the Wayanad one and where is the report? Hope you guys had a great time, it was fine shower in somwarpet on saturday.
Old 29th August 2010, 23:43   #26
Team-BHP Support

How did the CKM MGE turn out?
Old 30th August 2010, 11:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
How did the CKM MGE turn out?
It was fun for me (a first time off-roader). I cannot compare it any other off-roading event as this my first event. I enjoyed every moment of it. I had to be winched out too, I had got myself stuck in the technical section. The rain, the mud and the coffee estates and the narrow roads put together made it an event to remember.
I will write a first timers review with photos a later today ( After office hours )
Old 30th August 2010, 12:17   #28

My first time and I loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGolden View Post
It was fun for me (a first time off-roader). I cannot compare it any other off-roading event as this my first event. I enjoyed every moment of it. I had to be winched out too, I had got myself stuck in the technical section. The rain, the mud and the coffee estates and the narrow roads put together made it an event to remember.
I will write a first timers review with photos a later today ( After office hours )
It was my first time off the road and I had a blast! A great learning experience in loads of slush. Very nice arrangements. Thanks to the organizers I got to drive the white Bolero in the recce pictures above. Got to meet Mr. Behram, Vinod and The Wolf. Vinod gave me some crisp and very useful tips.

Special thanks to the Mahindra Auto Quotient team!

P.S: PhiGolden got stuck before the technical section.
Old 30th August 2010, 21:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,
Had one of the best Great Escapes and having seen many off road events across i would call this as one of the toughest and most enjoyable Mahindra Great Escapes ever. All the difference was made by terrain, 4wd only vehicles and last but not the least pro drivers of chikmagalur who made it look so easy!

Loved chikmagalur and has plenty of places to off road. Nice people superb terrain and awesome participation

Total vehicles attended (restricted)- 45 (only 4wds)
Mahindras own vehicles- 10
Recovery team vehicles- 4
Terrain- Slush & muck
Highlight- Technical stage with lot of axle bending sessions
Total circuit distance- 48 kms
Hours took to complete the session- 6.5 hours

Thanks to chikmagalur motor sports club, Karnataka agencies dealer Santosh, Mahindra area office support and Mr. Aseem who made this event a memorable and enjoyable one.

Special mention to participants who were all deciplined and maintained a convoy. Barring one or two all were very sporty and hard core 4wd lovers.

p.s- will resize and upload pics soon

Mods- Please rename this thread as event report

THAR Display

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-dsc_0014.jpgMahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-dsc_0049.jpg

Briefing

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-dsc_0069.jpg

Flag off
Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-dsc_0082.jpg

getting stuck became a routine with in 500 meters from flag off
Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-dsc_0104.jpg
Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-dsc_0095.jpg

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-dsc_0127.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-dsc_0093.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-dsc_0122.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-dsc_0123.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-dsc_0126.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st September 2010 at 12:57. Reason: Back to back post, please EDIT the original post instead. Thanks
Old 31st August 2010, 20:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Looks like another Great event has wizzed past.

Looking forward to the pics and the reports

Most Viewed