Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 20:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru

Hi guys,

When did you last lift your wheel in Mahindra Great Escape? Not in the recent past i believe. Its time you do it now

I had 4wd event only in mind for long time and its becoming possible thanks to chikkamagalur terrain. You will fall in love with this place. Its nice, cool and people are so sweet, ever smiling! You see jeeps every where. People here love MM540's and all are kept in immaculate condition. I also got to see ingenious solutions on CL550 Major in terms of door fitment and semi hard top conversions. Very innovative and inspiring. (Behram sir i have few pics to share with you)

For past three days i have done some serious off roading. This place is too good for extreme off roading. Some sections were too tricky and we called it off as it would have been too dangerous for 40 to 50 odd vehicles. So, what we now have is a moderately difficuilt terrain. If it rains it would be quite dificuilt. If it doesnt rain it would be fairly easy but will require 4wd, but a good driver on 2wd can manage. So guys please pray for good rain!!!!

I advise expensive vehicle owners (Scorpio & high end Boleros) to stay away. There are shrubs and might damage your paint.

BTW- registrations are closed. Sorry guys who might be tempted after seeing the pics

p.s- Below are the pics of technical stage.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-180820101908.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-17082010011.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-17082010012.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape (4wd Only) Update: Report - Chikkamagaluru-180820101913.jpg  

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 19th August 2010 at 20:54.
Old 19th August 2010, 20:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Just in case you wonder when is the event- It is on 28th August 2010. Flag off from Hotel TAJ Gateway, KM road Chikkamagaluru.
Old 19th August 2010, 21:22   #3
Team-BHP Support

If the event is already closed, why are you telling us now?

Anyway, August is too jam packed with OTRs. Better keep it for September next year.
Old 19th August 2010, 21:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Just as I was thinking of starting off a post on MGE Chikkamagalur, lucky enough I scrolled a bit lower to find this thread...well well..............!

Im glad that we have something for the 4x4s as well, unlike most MGE chosen terrains. Vinod, how about giving us a gist of participants and their machines that have already been confirmed.

BTW, as I told you already over phone, I have submitted my application online a couple of days back and have also made the payment through the rediff ecommerce but havent received a confirmation from you folks yet. How am I to know if my application has been received by you folks and also if I am within the time before cut off.

Vinod bhai pls clarify...

Last edited by The Wolf : 19th August 2010 at 21:30.
Old 19th August 2010, 21:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
If the event is already closed, why are you telling us now?

Anyway, August is too jam packed with OTRs. Better keep it for September next year.
Telling you now to make you feel jelous as you are not coming. We have event lined up every month. See you in Wayand in september. Make it happen, no excuses :-))

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Just as I was thinking of starting off a post on MGE Chikkamagalur, lucky enough I scrolled a bit lower to find this thread...well well..............!

Im glad that we have something for the 4x4s as well, unlike most MGE chosen terrains. Vinod, how about giving us a gist of participants and their machines that have already been confirmed.

BTW, as I told you already over phone, I have submitted my application online a couple of days back and have also made the payment through the rediff ecommerce but havent received a confirmation from you folks yet. How am I to know if my application has been received by you folks and also if I am within the time before cut off.

Vinod bhai pls clarify...
Ritesh,
As i already confirmed, if you get an SMS your payment is received. I have taken it up with rediff for receipt generation for online payment. Further you will receive an email from us in few days confirming the venue. For anything else you have my number
Old 19th August 2010, 22:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post

Ritesh,
Further you will receive an email from us in few days confirming the venue. For anything else you have my number
Cool bhai, pls confirm my application. I dont wana miss this event and Ooty and Wayanad for nothing...hehe!!!

BTW, who all joining from Bangalooru??? I cant believe this thread is burning so slowly
Old 19th August 2010, 22:34   #7
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, who all joining from Bangalooru??? I cant believe this thread is burning so slowly
We have better OTR at Somwerpet.
Old 19th August 2010, 22:40   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We are all doing the Somvarpet event this week. Aren't you coming?
Old 19th August 2010, 23:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Vinod, please brief the participants (newbies specially) regarding usage of 4wd or you will witness similar experiences:- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...-2010-a-7.html

Spike
Old 19th August 2010, 23:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All the best Samurai! Please do post some good pics. Isnt somwarpet event full yet? I guess it is just few days away..
Old 19th August 2010, 23:19   #11
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, it got full last week I think, they too have a 50 vehicle limit. It is on 21st.
Old 19th August 2010, 23:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Naa, wont do injustice to the company that gave me my Jeep. I wana be a part of as many MGEs as possible, thats my way of paying my gratitude back.

Mera Mahindra Mahan

p.s: Im leaving the rest to Vinod, this time Im guessing the terrain is more discretely chosen!

Last edited by The Wolf : 19th August 2010 at 23:54.
Old 20th August 2010, 00:20   #13
Team-BHP Support

Lol enjoy. But what's the point if invite can't be extended. Report would be much better. :-/
Old 21st August 2010, 14:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Raining in Chikkamagalue!

Is it true that it is raining in Chikkamagalur every alternate days??!! If this trend continues we are in for a havoc OTR on 28th. Cant wait to get there...
Old 21st August 2010, 14:48   #15

@vinod, When is the MGE?? And is dad coming??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks