Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Tejas...the music fits perfectly! I wish I had more footage to pick and choose from. Need more cameras in the hands of the passengers so they have something useful to do instead of standing around

No tunnel footage yaar it just happened so quickly! I was also too busy laughing my a** off trying to keep the car going straight. Quick thank you to my brain for forcing me to buy the hard top

Yeah you got PWNED in the buffalo pit. I've seen classics with temporary doors. Sort of like the soft-top material with a frame. Might be worth fitting them just for OTRs with massive slush potential.

For some reason your Classic gives the impression that it is very HEAVY. You know what I mean? Nishant's CJ moves like a Gypsy...absolutely flies around. Yours seems a bit ponderous compared to some other CJ's and Classics. I think a more capable engine will do the trick...DCM Toyota? Scorpio CRDE?

Soumya's day was a nightmare and that is the only part of the day's proceedings that didn't go so well. Heres hoping it all gets sorted out quickly and effectively in time for the next slush-fest.
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett_t16 View Post
Buddy i almost fell off the jeep ! literally !! on one of the small stream crossings in rajmachi. I got back in because of the fact that i was holding the steering wheel with both hands,otherwise i would have a face full of mud

guru, thanks for elaborating but believe me I always thought 'seatbelts and off-roading, naah !' but this was an eye opening experience, i seriously need some belts
mr manan tanada, now u know why i never drove back with you and also was so freaked out while driving with you in the morning
your seats have no side support at all, and to add to that no seat belts, gives you the feeling that your just waiting to be thrown out,
u really need seat belts and the non interia types please
please get other issues that i pointed, sorted as well
your jeep otherwise is good,

was seated next to gs for quite some time and the guy has matured mentally now into a very good offroader, he thinks and tackles the terrain.
impressed.
we will get your taller tyres and lift done as soon as prasad's car rolls out'

devang, superb and you know what im talking about ! and thanks for the lift back home

soumya, just a little bit of confidence lacking yet, you still not extracting 100 percent from your vehicle,
get the small problems sorted and it will give you a boost, love your car tons. cant help but agree with gs on the tyre part though

tejas, have got a superb idea in my head, non ecm engine but not a dcm, let me know whether your interested, again we will have to do some r&d , u and me

nishant love the enthusiam and skill, beautiful car and looks great in white

and sorry for the massive pile up on top of the 4 stuck jeeps, i started it i think

Was fun not being behind the wheel, get to look at everyone tackle obstacles differently and jump into different cars and have a few laughs.

all in all it was well worth missing all those hours of sleep, a tiring day none the less, but i guess the secret was in the numbers

Last edited by xtreme power : 23rd August 2010 at 20:26.
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:00   #18
BHPian

good stuff guys ,missed this one
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Next sunday we do the lake and the spot where Alok got stuck for a few hours in May.
Now thats a relief to my ears, already started packing my stuff. The more and more i look at the pictures and videos, i pitty myself for not able to make this one.
Old 24th August 2010, 00:56   #20
BHPian

Where Alok got stuck in May?
Is this the place Matthew had taken us to, and where I lost my ring?!
Old 24th August 2010, 03:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
A lasts few OTRs made me realize the disadvantage of the 31" with my XDP engine and 4.88 difs. The engine just can't take it! I need to get a better engine or change to 5.38.
Get your injectors cleaned and fuel pump calibrated if its been a while. Feel the injector nozzles with your fingers for any back/abnormal pulse.
Change the clutch. It may be new but sometimes water entry and heavy OTR'ing may prematurely destroy your clutch.
Check all grease points especially star joints.
Jack up your jeep in neutral and check if all the tyres are rotating freely.
LBNTL, check the oil pressure, anything under 3bar isnt great.

For a swb- XDP 4.90 with 4.88 DR should fairly take you anywhere without too much pain plus manage a 100kmph on the speedo on highways.

5.38 will help a bit but your tyres have nothing to do with your overheating.

Last edited by The Wolf : 24th August 2010 at 03:24.
Old 24th August 2010, 04:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Thanks Tejas...the music fits perfectly!
Oh yes! And what song/band is this?
I quite liked the feel of it!
Old 24th August 2010, 10:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Get your injectors cleaned and fuel pump calibrated if its been a while. Feel the injector nozzles with your fingers for any back/abnormal pulse.
Change the clutch. It may be new but sometimes water entry and heavy OTR'ing may prematurely destroy your clutch.

For a swb- XDP 4.90 with 4.88 DR should fairly take you anywhere without too much pain plus manage a 100kmph on the speedo on highways.

I have the xd3p with the 4.90 bell housing with the 4.88 DR still my car was only managing 70 on the expressway, i think my bosch pump seriously needs attention !
Old 24th August 2010, 11:17   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy i almost fell off the jeep ! literally !! on one of the small stream crossings in rajmachi. I got back in because of the fact that i was holding the steering wheel with both hands,otherwise i would have a face full of mud
The passenger doesn't have even a handle to hold on to!!! Atleast get that done...

Quote:
Yeah you got PWNED in the buffalo pit. I've seen classics with temporary doors. Sort of like the soft-top material with a frame. Might be worth fitting them just for OTRs with massive slush potential.
I had those. Gave it to Gogi. I felt very clautrophobic with them and they kept opening on the expressway. Need to devise an alternate strategy.

Quote:
For some reason your Classic gives the impression that it is very HEAVY. You know what I mean? Nishant's CJ moves like a Gypsy...absolutely flies around. Yours seems a bit ponderous compared to some other CJ's and Classics. I think a more capable engine will do the trick...DCM Toyota? Scorpio CRDE?
It's the big tyres + the weight of the roll cage & rear door/bumper assembly + my weight which the XDP can't handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post

tejas, have got a superb idea in my head, non ecm engine but not a dcm, let me know whether your interested, again we will have to do some r&d , u and me
Done... ofcourse i'm interested. Will call you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladak.imran View Post
Where Alok got stuck in May?
Is this the place Matthew had taken us to, and where I lost my ring?!
Yup same place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post

Won't go OT here. Will talk about it in my thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...a-classic.html

Quote:
I have the xd3p with the 4.90 bell housing with the 4.88 DR still my car was only managing 70 on the expressway, i think my bosch pump seriously needs attention !
That Xd3P compensates ya... my XDP doesn't

Hope the pump change manages the exhaust issue of yours! You jeep is an insecticide sprayer man!
Old 24th August 2010, 14:03   #25
BHPian

@tejas i know !
good for us, no mosquito bites in the forest

btw jeep has already gone for fuel pump overhaul
Old 24th August 2010, 15:49   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes garret get the pump and injectors calibrated by Bosch, really worth the money and it will last for atleast 60-75k kms. But ensure you do it through professionals who have the right tools to calibrate.
Old 24th August 2010, 17:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

@R**TA

That superb is going to improve after longer shocks.
I have to go and try what you suggested.

Don't you think my car is missing something from long time and you know its not worth more than life.. Don't you???
Old 24th August 2010, 17:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Video is awesome GS. I love the way the Safari was drifting along in that slush land.

@Tejas, even last time after EXamm Day1, i was wondering how you guys manage without the doors. For us Gypsy Guys, we have the doors but if it rains, then we get a good supply of water inside. from various places but fortunately no slush.
Old 26th August 2010, 07:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladak.imran View Post
Oh yes! And what song/band is this?
I quite liked the feel of it!
Sorry...missed this post. The song is "Stuck in the middle with you" by "Stealer's Wheel" although you can find many covers as well. I like it...fits the "off-roading" theme pretty well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks