Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 19:16   #1
BHPian

Mahindra Great Escape -Waynad

Dear All,

Below is the announcement of next MGE which is going to be held in Waynad on September 25.

"The action shifts to Kerala now. The forests of Waynad will host the next Mahindra Great Escape Rally on 25th September, 2010.

The registrations are on exclusively for 4wd vehicles due to the tough terrain.
The flag off point will be Vythiri Village, NH-212, Near Vythiri Town, Vythiri P.O, Wayanad– 673 576, Kerala.
For more info on registrations, contact Mr. Anil Ipe on 09895671717 or visit
:: Welcome to Mahindragreatescape.com ::
"

For any details,please contact Mahindra & Mahindra or TVS & Sons who are the sole distributors for Mahindra in Kerala. If I get any more information I will post it here.

I am also taking this oppurtunity to welcome our tbhp members, M&M team Vinod, Behram Sir and Pratheesh and your service team and TVS & Sons and their team to my home town Waynad!

See you all there.
Shibu Varghese aka Jeep Captain
Old 15th September 2010, 19:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Shibu, I will not be able to make it to your abode, or I would carry back to Hyderabad...that lovely black pepper, the best in the world which is grown here. Your stock is still lasting, thanks again. Regards,
Old 15th September 2010, 20:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Which part of Wayanad Shibu, I mean the trail ? Prolly can try and make it just to get a few clicks. Nothing better than having an event in our hometown.
Old 15th September 2010, 21:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
I am also taking this oppurtunity to welcome our tbhp members, M&M team Vinod, Behram Sir and Pratheesh and your service team and TVS & Sons and their team to my home town Waynad!
Shibu Varghese
Hi Shibu,

Thank you for the invitation, I will not be able to make it due to other commitments during the weekend. Despite being from Kerala, Wayanad is one place I've never been to. Now with you around in those Jeeps I don't think this jinx will last longer. BTW, I came to know that you have booked all the entries so that only your Jeeps participate

Hope this turns out to be a memorable event for you!

Spike

PS- Please tell me about your plans soon, so that I can book my tickets accordingly. I will be there, if it doesn't coincide with my Sabarimala plans, CONFIRMED. Got the drift?
Old 15th September 2010, 21:22   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Shibu, I will not be able to make it to your abode, or I would carry back to Hyderabad...that lovely black pepper, the best in the world which is grown here. Your stock is still lasting, thanks again. Regards,
Dear Fazal Sir, Thank you for your compliments. We will miss you in Waynad. Let me know when your stock is due for replenishment.Will send you more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Which part of Wayanad Shibu, I mean the trail ? Prolly can try and make it just to get a few clicks. Nothing better than having an event in our hometown.
rjstyles69. As per the latest info from Vinod Nookala. Its gonna be somewhere near Vythiri. Vinod can you please confirm. Please try to make it so that we can have some wonderful action pics. See you there bro.
Old 16th September 2010, 09:50   #6
BHPian

I am there

Hi Shibu,

I will be there this time with my CJ3B

Regards,
Karumbaiah
Old 16th September 2010, 11:35   #7
BHPian

I think I am going to miss this Drive which I dreamed at the time of my jeep rebuild (I put my jeep for sale). But I will be there to see all you proud owners of unique Jeeps.

Friends Can you Please give me a seat on Your Jeep if I am coming without my Jeep ?

Mahindra Great Escape -Waynad-dsc00124.jpg

Last week I saw this Legend parked at Vythiri I was coming from Kalpatta (My moms home). I searched for the team but couldn't find.
Old 16th September 2010, 11:42   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Hi Shibu,

Thank you for the invitation, I will not be able to make it due to other commitments during the weekend. Despite being from Kerala, Wayanad is one place I've never been to. Now with you around in those Jeeps I don't think this jinx will last longer.
Spikey, Whats this bro? It seems you are trying to avoid me. You better make it to Waynad soon. Else you will be banned from Jeeps own country. .
Jokes apart, sorry to hear that you are not coming. I was hoping to see you there. Anyways myself and Jeeps are there in Waynad. Let me know when you can come down and we will arrange an OTR for you

Quote:
BTW, I came to know that you have booked all the entries so that only your Jeeps participate
Hope this turns out to be a memorable event for you!
Spike
, how did you know that? I was keeping it a secret till the last moment.

Thanks for your wishes. I am looking forward for this MGE.

Quote:
PS- Please tell me about your plans soon, so that I can book my tickets accordingly. I will be there, if it doesn't coincide with my Sabarimala plans, CONFIRMED. Got the drift?
Got it bro, Will send you a mail today with final dates.

Last edited by JeepCaptain : 16th September 2010 at 11:55.
Old 16th September 2010, 11:54   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karumbaiah View Post
Hi Shibu,

I will be there this time with my CJ3B
Regards,
Karumbaiah
Welcome to Wayanad Karumbaiah :-). Lookig forward to see you and your Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
I think I am going to miss this Drive which I dreamed at the time of my jeep rebuild (I put my jeep for sale). But I will be there to see all you proud owners of unique Jeeps.

Friends Can you Please give me a seat on Your Jeep if I am coming without my Jeep ?

Last week I saw this Legend parked at Vythiri I was coming from Kalpatta (My moms home). I searched for the team but couldn't find.
sreejesh,What are you talking? You sold your Jeep or going to sell it soon?
This is really a bad news.
But please come,I am sure you can find a seat in any of the Jeeps.
See you there.
Old 16th September 2010, 12:21   #10
BHPian

Shibu,

I am coming to Kalpatta on this Monday for some work.And One party want to see my jeep at kalpatta.If we came to a deal then I will miss the event.No chance for the delivery of new Major on this month .

is the registration closed ? or i can register after Monday ??

- Sreejesh
Old 16th September 2010, 13:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Shibu,

I am coming to Kalpatta on this Monday for some work.And One party want to see my jeep at kalpatta.If we came to a deal then I will miss the event.No chance for the delivery of new Major on this month .

is the registration closed ? or i can register after Monday ??

- Sreejesh
Mine is 2 bye 4 so shibu can I make that out

Last edited by foby.sebastian : 16th September 2010 at 13:31.
Old 18th September 2010, 10:48   #12
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Sreejesh,
I am comming with 2010 Feb major 4wd to partcipate in wayand event, you can see the same there.Also in the last chickmaglur event the performance of the major was too good in NDMS tyres, but due to poor ground clearence diesel tank and main line got burst and we drove back to blr to Cjb in oil tank connected lines to engine directly.Recambering done for all four springs, lets see this time....
Old 18th September 2010, 11:45   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Hi Sreejesh,
I am comming with 2010 Feb major 4wd to partcipate in wayand event, you can see the same there.Also in the last chickmaglur event the performance of the major was too good in NDMS tyres, but due to poor ground clearence diesel tank and main line got burst and we drove back to blr to Cjb in oil tank connected lines to engine directly.Recambering done for all four springs, lets see this time....
yea Rajith, we had seen that. bad luck . we saw you stranded in the Pai Farm Right? better luck this time
Old 18th September 2010, 11:51   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Hi Sreejesh,
Rajith,

I know the Major's ground clearence is poor and I think using a high profile tyre will solve the issue so I already got a set of army rim and will use a suitable tyre.

Wayanad MGE will be great drive with Rain and fog and Vythiri is a place with unexpected Climate change.Another important thing is the sticky mud at wayanad it will stick to the tyre and loose traction so NDMS is the best.
Old 18th September 2010, 12:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

Dear Ranjit,
How big is your fuel tank? 40 or 60 litres?

If 60 litres please change it to smaller 40 litres tank. It will not hit. Plus recamber of springs will help you elevate the vehicle. It will not touch. In extreme case please relocate fuel tank under co-driver seat like good old jeep. No problem of hitting any where what so ever.

@Shibu- Thanks for initiating this thread. Looking forward to see you in full force
@Sreejesh- DOnt worry about not having a 4wd vehicle. You can join in my vehicle.
@foby- Please come, i will try to accomodate you in any one of our vehicle. But you may have to be a co passenger. May not be able to drive. Come just to have fun!!

Most Viewed