Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 11:50   #1
BHPian

Mud Puddle @ Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too

HI Guys,

Had been to a OTR meet of an other online forum,
The Plan was only one place or stage 1, but ended up in 3 stages
1. We did some Mud Puddle @ Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake
2. 5kms from Housure twords Bagilure Rock Crawl
3. 12 to 15 kms on th GQ from Hosure hedding out, water fording across a Full blown river !!

Thanks to our SV Santosh for 2. & 3. & my Bro Shiv (no Tbhp Login approval yet) for calling for 1.

Attendees:

1. Me & My Cousin Raju in the Gurkha ST.
2. My Bro Shiv Cousin Santosh (Santro) & Mansoor's Cousin Anooj in MG410
3. SV Santosh & Mom !!! in hsi CJ tha looks more like FJ (Squre Lights)
4. Arul (in Texas Rangers style) & Ganesh in the Open top CJ
5. Nishanth His Son & Friend (Sorry forgot both name's)

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8504.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8507.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8515.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8521.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8531.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8537.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8548.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8555.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8562.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8573.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8600.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8603.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8623.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8634.jpg

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-img_8643.jpg

Cheers
Sunil

More pics:

Picasa Web Albums - Gurkha Sunil - 4wd4allFirstOTR
Picasa Web Albums - shiva kumar - 4wd OTR 14-11-10

Last edited by hisunil : 16th November 2010 at 12:04.
Old 16th November 2010, 12:32   #3
BHPian

@ hisunil,
First of all, thanks for sharing the pics with us.
You guys seems to be having a great time. Loved your Gurkha's LR Defender type of soft top. This OTR seems to be proving Force Gurkha's Off-roading capacity.
First, when I seen CJ of SV Santosh, I reminded of M & M Quadro from its front.
BTW, very well maintained Gypsy & Willys Jeep as well.
Keep off-roading !!
Old 16th November 2010, 13:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

sunil the Gurkha crossing the river takes the cake. Looks absolutely brilliant and did you guys measure the depth of the river before taking the plunge ?
Old 16th November 2010, 14:22   #5
BHPian

@ dhrishikesh Thanks man, the credit shoul also go to My Cousins who put the iPhone-4 HD video, Sony Handicam & Canon EOS400 with 50 mm prime f1.8 to goo use.
Yes I am in Love with the Gurkha for the past half a year & cannot thank enough Mr Vasudevaao the first Owner for the same.

My Bro is thinking of selling his Gypsy, Must say its very well taken care of.

@ rjstyles69 Yes we saw some villagers cross by foot, waited to see the Tractor which is the only thing crossing the river come by & then took the same route.

in fact SV Santosh was my navigator when we did it first time, he has seen it almost dry, we took a different route than the tractor, as he remembers it being shallow, but the entire bonnet suddenly sinked & lots of people from the shore were visling & shouting, later learn't that a whirlpool is created there, The EDC light blinkuing & water just gussing in from many places, Santosh helping me stay calm, Backed up & then took the tractor route.

Loved it so much that I did the crossing 2 times (4 ways) its like my dream to water wade is put to rest now.

Cheers
Sunil
Old 16th November 2010, 14:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
sunil the Gurkha crossing the river takes the cake. Looks absolutely brilliant and did you guys measure the depth of the river before taking the plunge ?
Actually, this is the only entrance to a village beyond this river/stream crossing. Local govt has been delaying building a bridge across this river, causing lot of pain to these poor villagers. The only mode of transport I know of across this place is shown in below pic. Guys who cant afford a tractor ride, just walk across it and know where to step in and where NOT..!!

Last year I was told/shown to take a different route but it would have proved costly...!! Looks like the path of the river has changed a lot and created deep craters in last years path.

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-tractor.jpg
Old 17th November 2010, 10:19   #7
BHPian

Nice pics guys , nice to see Arul's jeep in new colour . Need new shoes though.

The river crossing of Sunil's gurkha is amazin , does it so easily.
Old 17th November 2010, 10:51   #8
BANNED

Nice videos man, the terrain looks excellent for offroading. Where is this place?
Old 17th November 2010, 11:35   #9
BHPian

@ karizma9292 Both Gurkha's Didn't Sweat, In fact as Mine went in to a ditch the EDC light was blinking for like 5 mins & stopped, lots of water came in too, SV observed that the steering column rubber was not mounted properly so it provably came in from there, Nish's Gurkha didn't get water inside & the EDC was not blinking either,

I spoke to Mr Ramachandran (rrnsss) in Chennai who is a Judo/Gurkha Expert, post water wading to see what needs to be done, he recommended to check & see if the airfilter was wet, if so engine has taken water inside & needs oil change, else just mention about it in the next service @ force

@ Zaks
1st location is on Athibele road from Sarjapur
2nd location is 5 kms from Hosure towards Bagilure
3rd location is 12 - 15 kms from Hosure Heading out of Bangalore, you see a Temple on the right on top of a steep hill, its at the base of the temple, so you take a U then left shortly while heading out of blr, 12-15 kms away from Hosure to reach the river.

Cheers
Sunil

Last edited by hisunil : 17th November 2010 at 11:43.
Old 17th November 2010, 15:05   #10
BHPian

Hi Sunil,

Superb trail. Really would like to join you guys if you plan this stretch again.

Regards
Robinson
Old 18th November 2010, 13:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson.s View Post
Superb trail. Really would like to join you guys if you plan this stretch again
Just SMS or give me a call the day before. This needs only half day and we can wrap up before lunch...
Old 18th November 2010, 15:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

And yeah you dare not ditch me this time Santoshaaa!!!
Old 18th November 2010, 15:59   #13
BHPian

@ robinson Lots of interest from various forums & members to do this trail again (my Wife also wants to see the place). some time post GMC, like mid December types should be a good time to go again.

We can do the Mud plug nearby (SV please help) and then wash the vehicles in the River. this was one of the first times I did not have to Power wash the vehicle post a OTR

Cheers
Sunil
Old 18th November 2010, 17:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Bidaraguppe - Thanks to un-ending rain the lake bed is filled up with water in pits. I went in my bullet and find it very fertile for OTR once rain stops.

Hosur hills - I am happy to see lot of water there. December first weekend, let's hit the road. Am sure this is a half a day affair.

Combine Bidaraguppe and Hosur stretch together.
Old 18th November 2010, 20:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
And yeah you dare not ditch me this time Santoshaaa!!!
ok saar, if i am calling it i will surely inform all here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisunil View Post
We can do the Mud plug nearby (SV please help) and then wash the vehicles in the River. this was one of the first times I did not have to Power wash the vehicle post a OTR
sure sunil, lots unexplored after the rocky hill... we can deep dive in and try newer challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Hosur hills - I am happy to see lot of water there. December first weekend, let's hit the road. Am sure this is a half a day affair.

Combine Bidaraguppe and Hosur stretch together.
Thanks Dwarak, i will plan something... PS - the water place is not hosur, it is 13Kms after hosur enroute Krishnagiri GQ, so no time will be lost, we can rip down. See map.

Mud Puddle @  Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too-.jpg

Most Viewed