Team-BHP - 2011 Mumbai OTR Season: Plans & Discussions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   2011 Mumbai OTR Season: Plans & Discussions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/94453-2011-mumbai-otr-season-plans-discussions-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 2192461)
2011! A new year, a new season!

Let's kick off this season with a biggie: The 2011 Republic day OTR. The last biggie was the 2010 Independence Day OTR which was absolutely amazing.

The Extreme Offroaders are all set to organize a superb Republic day OTR; that is on the 26th Jan which undoubtedly would simply be amazing.

That means we should get our machines ready and also put our skills to a little practice.

A mini-OTR is arranged this Sunday(9th Jan) at Alibag .
The terrain is harsh and each obstacle becomes more difficult to complete.

If anyone is interested please pm me for the details.

P:S:2wd's wont negotiate.

EXAMM! 2011 Announced. Please refer to this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...-you-want.html

First cut

saturday night camping at lake pawana with little bit of night offroad and vehicles getting stuck was fun.

Sunday morning we were suppose to do the Bullock cart trail but it was washed so for an hour we were hunting for a trail and finally found something exciting.

ruts were like as good as an articulation ramp. Damn i missed my SPOA.

Guys please post some pics and someone please write a proper report.

Cheers
Devang

So whats on for the 26th?

trail is not yet finalised but mostly its going to be lonavala.

Hi Team,

Any update on the Republic Day OTR?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser (Post 2217311)
Hi Team,

Any update on the Republic Day OTR?

We are coordinating over FB. See this link:

facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=182439801778530

Cloud Chaser long time no see.... where have you been?

Thanks Tejas

Quote:

Originally Posted by motocamp (Post 2217947)
Cloud Chaser long time no see.... where have you been?

My Pajero was getting repaired took almost 4 months and then Was a bit busy with new job . Hope to see u all soon.

Let's celebrate India's Republic Day with a mega offroad session at Mahape. New trails, more fun....

Meet at Allan's garage at 8:00am sharp.
We hope to finish the trail by lunch time.

It get's hot during the day. Please carry enough water and sun protection.

Tejas, you started this thread, so post happenings here too besides the facebook page. Team Bhp-ians should get aware of this event from this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2219708)
Tejas, you started this thread, so post happenings here too besides the facebook page. Team Bhp-ians should get aware of this event from this thread.

Yes Gogijee Sir! :D

So here's the plan:

- Initially we planned lonavla but due to time constraints could not do a proper recce. We wanted new trails and didn't want to repeat old trails.

- Mahape being closer, was scouted and we found a longer trail in addition to what we usually do.

I know the venue is far for the Pune guys but please understand that we wanted it to be a good event not just a repetition of what has been done time and again. Since we could not do justice to lonavla, Mahape was chosen.
Please try to come down guys.

We meet outside Allan's garage at 8am and hit the trail from there. We hope to finish by lunch time.

Everyone please carry snacks and water. We will halt at a spot for breakfast on the way.

It will be hot, please carry adequate sun protection.

Please start confirmations (i'm confirming a few that i know will 100% come):

1. Gogi
2. Allan
3. Devang (if i don't kill him)
4. Jignesh
5. Abhishek
6. Alok
7. Guru
8. Prashant
9. Ravi
10. Tejas
11. Paras

As usual I am bringing my ice-box. The trail is fun and we can even throw in a special timed stage if Allan thinks it is feasible. I'll confirm this by tuesday EoD.

1. Gogi
2. Allan
3. Devang (if Tejas does don't kill him. Cant run him over since Tejas does not have a jeep)
4. Jignesh
5. Abhishek
6. Alok
7. Guru
8. Prashant
9. Ravi
10. Tejas
11. Paras
12.Soumya

(caveat:Need to recover from a horrible cough which currently has me out of action. Else the dust will kill me. Tejas wont have to bother)

I will beg, borrow or steal jeep to keeeeel him!

Anyways, Pune boys are not coming due to distance involved. So let's prepone the time to 7am meeting at Allan's garage. Beat the heat as much as possible.