Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 16:39   #1
BHPian

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes

[FONT=&quot]Dear BHPians,

I am sharing the story of 2 UNIMOGs carrying a team of 12 had most thrilling and adventurous drive of the lifetime. By passing through the 4 highest motorable passes of Pakistan (4000 Meters +). I will do more research to see where does they fall, however all of us are well aware that Himalayas & Karakorum are the rages of highest peaks & passes & Top 3 are probably in Tibet & Ladakh. Another unique achievement of the Team Unimog was that DeeMog & BeeMog were the 1st Unimogs which have visited Shoesar Lake Deosai (13600ft), the 1st mog through Burzil pass (13500ft), Butogah Pass (14200ft) and 1st again on Babusar Pass (13700ft), we are waiting for Iian from Australia to equal this record on his UNIMOG camper being prepared for the mog excursion round the globe. Both these machines are completely stock in terms of engine, transmission & differentials, BeeMog - Greenish Blue mog being restored by myself & DeeMog - Black unimog with orange top by Mr. Adeel the person responsible for UNIMOG affairs in Pakistan!

We were averaging a 15hrs drive/day covering 1700KM in 7 days and quarter of that mileage was off-road in low revs pulling the Team towards high altitude to breathe some light air . We descended approximately 6000 feet from Burzil Pass to Minimerg in less than 10KMs (The Burzil Pass (elv. 4,100 m (13,500 ft)) is an ancient pass and caravan route between Srinagar in Kashmir and Gilgit (I will share the pictures of first car on Burzil on this thread). It was the trust on mog’s pulling power which kept us moving. I wouldn’t bore you guys with further details on initial write-up, so will start with the pictures and will be sharing details with them![/FONT]
Attached Thumbnails
Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-134.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-137.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-1.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-5.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-2.jpg  

Basharatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2011, 18:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes

Hi Basharatu,

Nice to see your travelogue and experiences, I read them on the net.

Congratulation and Welcome to TeamBHP.

Regards,

Arka

PS - Some more pics of the MOGS
ex670c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2011, 18:41   #3
BHPian

Hey Basharatu,

Read your travelogue on pak wheels.. had some seriously jaw-dropping photos.. one hell of a trip buddy.. keep the pics rolling...
petrol_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2011, 19:27   #4
Team-BHP Support

Lovely vehicles and superb locations! Love to read more and see the pictures of the whole trip
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2011, 21:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Those are some drool worthy locations and double drool worthy vehicles!!! Welcome to TBHP, look forward to hearing more from you...
The Wolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2011, 22:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Spectacular trip, I am sure. Can't wait to hear the rest of the travelogue.
Can you fill us in on the route and facilities en route?
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2011, 09:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

Basharatu,
Awesome locations, complimenting UNIMOG's. Definitely a memorable outing for you and a treat for us.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2011, 09:55   #8
DKG
Senior - BHPian

The world's most awesome terrain with the world's most awesome offroader !! It doesn't get better does it. What a fabulous thing to do, you guys are amazing
DKG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2011, 09:58   #9
BHPian

@Arka, thank you and I am sure it would be great fun on TeamBHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Basharatu,

Nice to see your travelogue and experiences, I read them on the net.

Congratulation and Welcome to TeamBHP.

Regards,

Arka

PS - Some more pics of the MOGS

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th January 2011 at 10:23. Reason: Back to back posts, please use multi quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 12th January 2011, 10:28   #10
BHPian

Getting Ready, Pictures of Day 0
Attached Thumbnails
Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-13.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-9.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-12.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-11.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-15.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-14.jpg  

Old 12th January 2011, 16:07   #11
BHPian

Before Going further on the Travelogue, let me give a short intro of the both Machines. I am starting from BeeMog, I bought this rig from Military Auction in April/May 2008, it went under minor resto in May, a fresh paint job (will search its pictures before that Khaki Paintjob) & I took it to NuriNar Top 13000+ which connects Naran Valley with Neelam Valley (on Neelam River/Kishan Ganga), I will try covering up the details of that route on a separate thread.

Anyways, I kept on using it for my hunting trips & participated in an IJC’s mega event in 2008 October (Mr. Aamir heading IJC is also on Team BHP) & there I met Mr. Adeel who currently owns DeeMog and we discussed UNIMOG & found him on the same frequency. Rolled it over once & it needed some bodywork + a fresh paintjob since it was not allowed to be driven on Military Schema by the security agencies. So it went through fresh paint Job, bench seats in the rear bed upgraded with Sofa Sets from Toyora Surf and Recaros installed in the front Cabin which changed the drive, a set of IPF Super Rally on the bumper & a 360 GoLight on the snorkel to improve the visibility in the dark, these upgrades were done specifically for the North Trip, apart from this the vehicle is completely stock as came out from the production line. Will be covering DeeMog intro in my next post. Sharing few pictures of BeeMog!
Attached Thumbnails
Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-1.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-2.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-bemog-3.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-4.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-5-after-rollover.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-6-denter.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-7-denter.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-8-paint-job.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-9-paint-done.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-10-after-hood.jpg  

Basharatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2011, 16:28   #12
BHPian

BeeMog's Interior

Team Unimog member Mr. Kashif was my navigator and he came with bag of gadgets, including a mag light on the dashboard, he is also the man taking care of our Team Unimog's supply chain (Lights, Gadgets, Seats etc.)
Attached Thumbnails
Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-11-interior.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-12-interior.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-13-interior.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-basharat-beemog-14.jpg  

Old 12th January 2011, 16:54   #13
KMT
BHPian

Thanks for sharing these amazing photographs (both the machines & the landscape).
The mogs have been restored really well, how old are they?

Your pals seem to be handing the icy conditions in the back of an open mog pretty well.
Old 13th January 2011, 08:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pictures of real conifer woodland and of course the 'mogs. I wonder why we can't get our hands on Stallions. Surely they must be on the chopping block by now!
Old 13th January 2011, 09:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic and attractive offroader you guys have. IMHO This is real offroader than small jeeps. You guys have went to wonderful trip that many of us just only aspire. Hats Off to you all guys.

I found that in of your mogs (yellow colored wheel one) you have written "Jai Ho". Was it inspired by "Slumdog Millionaire" movie song?

Can't wait for pics, logs of your travel. Do post as soon as possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks