Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 21:09   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)

^ Correct.
I've personally always had more fun in recces than the main event for this very reason. No ego to massage and get's done quickly.

EDIT:

The same thing happened after the Independence day OTR and frustrated me so much that i wrote that Code of Conduct and Protocol while offroading thread. Didn't serve it's purpose though as i see.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 27th January 2011 at 21:13. Reason: see edit
Old 27th January 2011, 21:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Well...you guys can suck an egg because I've got a KICKASS trail in Mahape...20 minutes from home!! Wooohooo!

All you South Mumbaiites and Western Suburbians - hah! Killer deal = waking up early, taking the Gypsy to Mahape, doing some obstacles, driving to office with a dirty car and a mile wide smile!

Goodbye Monday Blues!

Agree with the guys that smaller groups are more fun and lend more time for interaction/learning. I also agree with motocamp that getting "air" only looks good until something breaks like it did in my case. Honestly I wasn't trying for air but I still haven't come to grips with the traction provided by the mods. I have a video where I virtually ROLL up a pretty decent hump with almost jeep like ability. The same climb had other Gypsies and the Pajero taking a run-up and throwing dirt around with wheelspin and what-not. I'll post the video tomorrow.

Now given that level of traction I need to do a MUCH better job measuring the power input with my right foot. Cannot drive like I used to before.

So my mantra is - smaller groups, less power and more Mahape recces
Old 27th January 2011, 21:29   #33
BHPian

GS I wasnt taking a dig at you
Old 27th January 2011, 23:52   #34
BHPian

Some more pics from my side.
Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260106.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260115.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260127.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260128.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260130.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260134.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260139.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260144.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260145.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260154.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260158.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260160.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260163.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260166.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260168.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260174.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260175.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260178.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260180.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260185.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260188.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260195.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260196.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260209.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260215.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260217.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260228.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260232.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260234.jpg

Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape)-1101260242.jpg
Old 28th January 2011, 06:50   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Well...you guys can suck an egg because I've got a KICKASS trail in Mahape...20 minutes from home!! Wooohooo!

All you South Mumbaiites and Western Suburbians - hah! Killer deal = waking up early, taking the Gypsy to Mahape, doing some obstacles, driving to office with a dirty car and a mile wide smile!

Goodbye Monday Blues!
...stuff deleted...
So my mantra is - smaller groups, less power and more Mahape recces
Guru: Do they serve you breakfast at Mahape after you finish the trail?
"Aasai Dosai Applam Vadai"!

Speaking of recces. I really really want to get into those surrounding mountains once. Allan have you been up those slopes?
Old 28th January 2011, 07:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

@Soumya - actually you can simply drive across the road into the MIDC IT park and you get all kinds of breakfast options.

yes I want to get to the foothills and see what else we can do here because this trail is really coming alive! Allan and Manan - kudos to you guys for mapping Mahape V2.0 out. Mahape V1.0 is a distant memory given the kicka$$ness of the new trail. With slush and rain around it will be hell on earth!
Old 28th January 2011, 08:59   #37
BHPian

thank you Guru
i agree , this trail was much longer and much more fun then the old one.
well , let the rains and my college start, so me and allan can go and discover a few more fun spots/trails
Old 28th January 2011, 10:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

That was a nice OTR and good number of 4X4's.
Nice seeing Gogi's 3B ripping its way through and Allan spotting.
Old 28th January 2011, 10:35   #39
BHPian

thanks guys, glad you'll enjoyed the trail
but frankly i was very disappointed with the lack of attention shown towards safety.
at every obstacle we tejas, devang and me were literally yelling to the others to stop spotting and let one person do it. I remember at one particular spot there were more then 6 people spotting, thats where i and devang intervened told the others to shut up and i spotted alone.
i yelled at more then 3 white gypsy owners to get back in line or go back home.
but this trail is fun
and the fact that every obstacle is tuff but doable makes it more satisfying.

Few highlights for me:
gogi's cj doing every obstacle with ease, my favorite car of the day,
manan's jeep completing an entire trail without any setbacks
the fortuner and speedy, they together will suprise you
the short wheel base pajero living up to its pedigree this time, both car and driver have evolved
a 1 litre gypsy doing obstacles that a 1.3 could not do
vada pav and chai and the friends sharing them

note: why do most of the pictures only show my a*s

Last edited by xtreme power : 28th January 2011 at 10:36.
Old 28th January 2011, 11:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Didn't have a chance to get tripped up by the newbies (I was determined to stay in front because I didn't know the trail...and I didn't want to get caught up behind the Pajero/Fortuner/Safari and the new Gypsy). Sadly my trail ended right after the jump.
The best way when you dont know a trail is not be immpatient and observe the others. All the Newbies did almost that and finished the trail. I stayed last observing and marking my route for the Mud express to take. The other reason was that everyone had left the GA registered Gypsy on his own at the back with no one around incase he got stuck.

Quote:

Goodbye Monday Blues!
Awsome but do make sure the Gyspy issue is solved before it. I dont think you'd like a get up early, drive 20 mins to a kick *** trail in mahape and in the next ten mins drive to the garage with a not dirty car and sad face. It would be more blues on a Monday bro..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
a 1 litre gypsy doing obstacles that a 1.3 could not do
The 1.3 would have done it but the owner was giving the 1 litre a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
note: why do most of the pictures only show my a*s
Cause its going into the reference books of the perfect a** mags.
Old 28th January 2011, 11:30   #41
BHPian

I dont see too many pictures of the "Rastafarian Sardars". Khanda in the front and dreadlocks in the back!
That gypsy was a riot. Even when they were almost toppling on the final obstacle!

Also come to think of it, our previous 'rowdies' have sobered down a lot. Guess it comes with time. Some even limiting the number of attempts at an obstacle. Though I did see Ibrahim manage to sneak in a donut right at the start
Old 28th January 2011, 11:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

To All,

we have observerd this spotting issue long back but we never wanted to hurt someones ego by telling them to Stop but at Mahpe i took my first step towards it. (Allan you know who) even i told Gogi to forget everyone and just look at Allan for spotting.

LATE COMERS

Person who came late is a regular offroader and he was late for the first time but still i have already addressed this to him. From now onwards convoy will not wait for anyone. Maximum grace time will be 30 mins after that if you still dont turnup then try to find the trail by your own. It includes organizers too.

SPOTTERS

I have already discussed this Tejas and Allan. We will have a breifing before we start are next OTR and inform everyone who will be the spotter. Everyone can get down of the vehicle and and watch but with their MOUTH SHUT.

Convoy

If any car is noticed breaking the lineup will be last car for rest of the day.

Guys we do OTR for fun and trust me this was a good trail but small small issues like this will make the experience little bitter for few people.

We as an Organizer dont get to enjoy at all on these OTRs because we have to ensure all the cars go through, spotting, safety etc (you all must have seen anyone of us around each obstacle and screaming our lungs out), so atleast we expect some support from you all.

I would like to thank soumya for spotting and helping all the vehicles at couple of obstacles. I hope you have the pic of Tejas getting stuck in gutter

@ AbhiShake aka Speedy
everytime you surprise us with your fortuner. Good show.
Same goes for Ibu in his Safari.

@Guru - I really wanted to see your Geoff in action :(
@Gogi - Ramie anna is in love with your Jeep
@Allan - R**ta please tell me was it possible to do whatever the 1.3 did on those tires and with that hieght??
@Prashant - good to see you in action again. Please get your Pajero word done asap.

It was good to see Gautam,Ravi,Prashant and couple of others who came for OTR after a long break. sorry guys for limited interaction.

So where do we go next weeked?? I suggest overnight trip to a new place.

Cheers
Devang
Old 28th January 2011, 11:34   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The best way when you dont know a trail is not be immpatient and observe the others. All the Newbies did almost that and finished the trail. I stayed last observing and marking my route for the Mud express to take. The other reason was that everyone had left the GA registered Gypsy on his own at the back with no one around incase he got stuck.

Awsome but do make sure the Gyspy issue is solved before it. I dont think you'd like a get up early, drive 20 mins to a kick *** trail in mahape and in the next ten mins drive to the garage with a not dirty car and sad face. It would be more blues on a Monday bro..
Spot on...I was following Allan and Manan and the trouble at the back was that apart from the lead cars, the trailing cars skipped some obstacles simply because they had lost sight of the lead cars. The fact that I damaged my car has less to do with where I was running and more to do with my inexperience with the machine + the fact that the kingpin was already on it's way out after two Alibaug OTRs in succession.

I never have a sad face...even when I break stuff on my Gypsy.
Old 28th January 2011, 11:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant stuff. saw the pics on FB (extreme offroad pics) before finally seeing more different pics here.
Old 28th January 2011, 12:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post

@ AbhiShake aka Speedy
everytime you surprise us with your fortuner. Good show.
Same goes for Ibu in his Safari.
Thanks bro, I like changing peoples perspective of the Fortuner and it being a so called sissy car and not an Offroader. Happy she atleast would be taken seriously at an OTR.

Ibu is my partner in OTR crime . He did swindle his way through some obstacles and i think it was more as his brother was there.

I also agree with what ever u said. We just need to be a little stern in the enforcement of the rules.

Quote:
@Guru - I really wanted to see your Geoff in action :(
+1. so looking forward to seeing Geoff taking the climbs with ease..:(

Quote:
So where do we go next weeked?? I suggest overnight trip to a new place.
We can check the road to Silvassa...there are plenty of potential trails enroute just after Dahisar. These are closer to the city and would be fun to explore.

The OTRs hence forth would have a new player..The Thar..

Quote:
Spot on...I was following Allan and Manan and the trouble at the back was that apart from the lead cars, the trailing cars skipped some obstacles simply because they had lost sight of the lead cars. The fact that I damaged my car has less to do with where I was running and more to do with my inexperience with the machine + the fact that the kingpin was already on it's way out after two Alibaug OTRs in succession.
The trailing cars never missed a single obstacle and we were not that far behind the lead cars. Some owners chose to take easier routes as they were inexperienced and had no confidence on the car and yes the damage cost ran in their minds. The GA reg Gypsy had this playing on his mind.

You need to have this issue sorted with Maruti brother. Lonavala -1, Alibaug -2 and now Mahape -1. It looks like there is something defective or something that has missed the eye.

Quote:
I never have a sad face...even when I break stuff on my Gypsy.
You should not also bro..You look better Jolly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks