Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 19:37   #166
BHPian

Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Who can forget the famous floating scene from Flight of the hawkz?

ya prithvi who can forget that

this seems like an awesomely handled event
kudos to all the organisers and marshals
Old 22nd March 2011, 20:00   #167

Missed the event since i was out travelling (sad); but wanted to post a response on the OME topic.

i'm running a full OME suspension on my '89 Trooper...put in about 2 years/ ~ 15000kms/ 15-16 OTR's ago. Its been doing a great job....and i consider it as value for money. Decision was easier since my old suspension was 20 years old and 'soggy'. It was better-easier to plonk for a full set from OME vs. origanizing genuine Isuzu suspension bits. It's got all the suspension components changed out - shackles, bushes, rear leaf, coils & gas shocks, et al..

if anyone wants any detailed info..will be happy to share my experience - please PM. I definietely benefited from everyones suggestions and debates while building my (first) jeep and i'll be happy to debate pro's and con's !

I'd do OME again if i ever had to build another jeep. In fact i would probably go in for a roof carrier and the bumper as well (i had mine fabricated - its very solid and doing a great job)....but in hindsight i'm thinking
A. since you only do this once/these things last - getting well engineered stuff results in life long performance/ its a pleasure to use ;
B. things like optimizing the overhang to a minimum, tucking the winch away, etc,. are difficult to think through and get everything right unless you are a pro - know exactly what you are doing and have been offroading for a while.....i figure it would have been better to pay for the engineering vs. reinventing the wheel....over the remaining useful life of the jeep it would have worked out.
(just my 2 cents worth).

Side note - The front diff lock (Aussie locker) is going in now and i'm looking forward to see how that works out. Anyone else have any experience with Aussie lockers - please PM.

Cheers,
- Bhaskar
Old 23rd March 2011, 09:58   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-2R View Post
Side note - The front diff lock (Aussie locker) is going in now and i'm looking forward to see how that works out. Anyone else have any experience with Aussie lockers - please PM.
Hi Baskar,

The Aussie Locker is similar to the Lock-Right & Lokka, was designed by the same person.

What are you using in the Rear Diff?

IIRC the Isuzu Trooper comes with Dana 44 (Front? & Rear)

Please post a thread on you vehicle and the modifications/upgrades done to it.

Regards,

Arka

Most Viewed