Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:11   #31
BHPian

Re: Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and

ex670c, you guys did the palar for the 4th anniversary , so why are we deprived of it now.

Sincere request, please try to consider. Just saw the videos of headers doing that long climb.
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:09   #32
BHPian

Re: Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
ex670c, you guys did the palar for the 4th anniversary , so why are we deprived of it now.

Sincere request, please try to consider. Just saw the videos of headers doing that long climb.
Sandeep, problem with doing Palar is that we end up overshooting the planned wrap-up time most often. If a vehicle or two fail it would be dark before we can get out of Palar, let alone returning to the city.

Since we have outstation participants this year, we would want to be back in the city early, so that they have sufficient time to freshen up and leave.

Our current plan is to do a circuit of the Kelambakkam trail on the way to adventure zone. The next day we can hit the clay pits which are quite technical and offer good testing grounds for your vehicle. There is also a possibility that we might find some slush and muck to pep it up. We would head back to the campsite for lunch and depart by 3 or 3:30 so that everyone gets back to the city in time.

Hope that gives some clarity on the schedule. Though we would love to do Palar, we also need to look at the convenience factor for outstation participants who need to get back to work the next day.

We can catch up later in the evening.
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:22   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
@Sharath - If you are coming down we will do a special on M&M Steering Systems.
Arka, I hope you will be doing this. Jeep steering system is something I barely understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
Though we would love to do Palar, we also need to look at the convenience factor for outstation participants who need to get back to work the next day.
Exactly, I have to be back at the Airport by 7:30PM.
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Tech Topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Arka, I hope you will be doing this. Jeep steering system is something I barely understand.
Hi Sharath,

A Few thing we have in mind.

i) Steering Systems (M&M)
ii) LSD/Locker/Open Diff
iii) FFRA What & How
iv) How to Remove water from an engine (Head/Crankcase/Diesel Filter/Diesel Tank)

On Saturday Evening - Videos of Off-Road vehicles (Light 4x4 & Trucks)

Anything you want to see in particular please let me know.

Regards,

Arka
Old 23rd March 2011, 22:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post

Sandeep - Where is the video? BTW, you coming in that ancient 3B or the Prado?

Palar is exciting!! The difficult part is to recover guys stuck and we've seen enough of that time and again.

Last edited by headers : 23rd March 2011 at 22:11.
Old 24th March 2011, 00:07   #36
BHPian

Hi Vikram, for the JT 6A i am coming in my car.

I think legendary is a better word than ancient.

For the Palar Challenge i am doing up another legendary Jeep.

Prado , well i think people and experts here have a high opinion on that soft roading joke called Prado. I dont want to be a laughing stock.Didnt you have enough comedy at aavalakonda?
Your video was posted on the Jeepthrills 4th anniversary thread.

I can sense the adrenaline pumping in that video , i guess the beauty of Palar is that the whole 110km is an obstacle .
Old 24th March 2011, 23:35   #37
BHPian

Err in all this excitement I do suppose I have not asked where the Garage is, from what I have read in the old jeep threads, has to be around pudupet? Kindly let me know the location of the Garage session! Thanks again!
Old 25th March 2011, 11:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
...Kindly let me know the location of the Garage session! ...
Good question ! I am guessing that there will a change in the location this time around.
Old 25th March 2011, 11:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

Venue

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Err in all this excitement I do suppose I have not asked where the Garage is, from what I have read in the old jeep threads, has to be around pudupet? Kindly let me know the location of the Garage session! Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Good question ! I am guessing that there will a change in the location this time around.
Hi Guys,

Venue for the Tech Session.

Mhd.Ali's Garage on GP Road.

Next to Melody Theatre, Opposite Express Avenue Mall.

Time 10A.M, 2nd April.

Regards,

Arka
Old 25th March 2011, 12:43   #40
BHPian

Re: Tech Topics.

Quote:
Hi Sharath,

A Few thing we have in mind.

i) Steering Systems (M&M)
ii) LSD/Locker/Open Diff
iii) FFRA What & How
iv) How to Remove water from an engine (Head/Crankcase/Diesel Filter/Diesel Tank)

Arka
Arka,

Can you have the video snippets recorded of the workshop sessions ? It would be really helpful for people like me who are unable to attend the event.
Old 25th March 2011, 22:29   #41
BHPian

Re: Venue

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Venue for the Tech Session.

Mhd.Ali's Garage on GP Road.

Next to Melody Theatre, Opposite Express Avenue Mall.

Time 10A.M, 2nd April.

Regards,

Arka
Will be there! Is it better to park in express avenue for the few hours? or would the early birds get some sort of parking? Actually anything goes for me, It really does not matter, but if they have tow hooks coming my way with cops, I would Love to disappoint them! At any cost.
Old 25th March 2011, 22:35   #42
BANNED

Re: Tech Topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Arka,

Can you have the video snippets recorded of the workshop sessions ? It would be really helpful for people like me who are unable to attend the event.
True , for me too . wanted to be there badly , but I am still grounded .

@ Arkaji make a documentary of the garage session -- not joking ( You may already have planned for it though )

Sudarshan
Old 26th March 2011, 13:24   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Arka,

I have just paid up at IOB, Indra Nagar for myself and Vivek (Papaboost).
Old 26th March 2011, 18:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

I am carrying my Flip Camera and GoPro camera with head-mount. I will make sure Arka wears the GoPro so you get his POV of the garage session. I will manage the Flip camera for the 3rd person view.
Old 27th March 2011, 13:16   #45
BHPian

Can I attend just the garage session on 2nd April? I stay close to Music academy so I can walk over to the place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks