Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2019, 12:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP RC Rock Crawlers 4x4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Got the inspiration for this thread from numerous RC forums dedicated to rock crawlers and to see if there are other RC 4x4 enthusiasts on the forum
Hi extreme_torque, extreme thanks for creating this thread, that's an awesome LR Defender 110 one of my favourites in TRX-4, I love the Ford Bronco and trying to buy one from sometime. In the meantime I couldn't resist the urge for a crawler and I have purchased the '1:24 ECX Barrage' to start-with. Uploading some of the pics. of my crawler.

Team-BHP RC Rock Crawlers 4x4 Thread-1.jpg

Team-BHP RC Rock Crawlers 4x4 Thread-2.jpg

Team-BHP RC Rock Crawlers 4x4 Thread-3.jpg

Team-BHP RC Rock Crawlers 4x4 Thread-4.jpg

Team-BHP RC Rock Crawlers 4x4 Thread-5.jpg

The tech. spec., pics. and a video can be found here : https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...rtr-ecx00017t1

These little off-roaders are so much fun.

I would like to shoot some videos of it on different terrains, but unable to as I too lack someone to shoot videos while I drive. I'll keep updating with pics. and videos and mods if I get some more time.

Cheers
Anup

Last edited by anup.bronco : 1st May 2019 at 12:07. Reason: added video info.
anup.bronco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 12:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
About 10 years ago, I had built a BC offroader. BC is breath controlled.
That is so funny - well explained
Quote:

The build report is .
Just read your thread, what an interesting thread and loved the way you have made it - full marks to you. I had a similar task for my year-3 kid and I made a car out of a plastic water bottle with straws as axles and a stick inside the straw to which I attached the wheels (bottle caps) and it was balloon powered as I fixed a straw to a balloon, blow the balloon with air and leave it on the floor it shoots across till the balloon is out of air. Still trying to find pics. on my phone - will upload it if I find them. Cheers
anup.bronco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 10:31   #18
BHPian

Here I am sharing my 4x4 buggy experience although it's a buggy but it did pass in my off-roading tests too. Credit should go to its powerful 550 high torque brushed motor, robust built and good ground clearance.

topse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 19:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Bought a JJRC Q65 from bangood. The scale details are great and it is 4x4. Drive train torque and strength is very poor. May be I will replace the whole drive train with WPL stuff. It's cheap thrills. Nowhere close to the likes of Traxxas, but is very fun indoors. Since all Chinese sites are now banned, I will have to start looking at Kyosho now.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP RC Rock Crawlers 4x4 Thread-20201225_194722.jpg  

Team-BHP RC Rock Crawlers 4x4 Thread-20201225_194706.jpg  

Team-BHP RC Rock Crawlers 4x4 Thread-20201225_194658.jpg  

padmrajravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 08:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Bought a JJRC Q65 from bangood. The scale details are great and it is 4x4. Drive train torque and strength is very poor. May be I will replace the whole drive train with WPL stuff. It's cheap thrills. Nowhere close to the likes of Traxxas, but is very fun indoors. Since all Chinese sites are now banned, I will have to start looking at Kyosho now.
That looks sweet! I have ordered new beadlock rim for my Defender from AliExpress. They are on the way. Will share some pictures once I put them on.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed