Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   Engine, Gearbox, Diff ratios, axles options for the JEEP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/101444-engine-gearbox-diff-ratios-axles-options-jeep-9.html)

Shubhendra 31st October 2019 12:24

Re: Engine, Gearbox, Diff ratios, axles options for the JEEP
 
[quote=rch_vijayant;4684229]
Lastly I would like your suggestions whether to sale the Jeep as there is not much use of it. {/QUOTE]

If you are not using much why to keep it? but Jeep is such a vehicle, you think of selling when own it and you think of buying when you sell it :)
I presume in current condition you may have 4.88 crown pinion ratio, you can swap this set with 4.27 as you dont use it for offroad, it wont impact you much but will increase your top end.

Shubhendra

dhanushs 31st October 2019 14:00

Re: Engine, Gearbox, Diff ratios, axles options for the JEEP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rch_vijayant (Post 4684376)
Sir as mentioned earlier vehicle is in stock condition...
...The only problem is higher fuel consumption and urge of engaging fifth gear( It has only Four forward gears) when it reaches 80+ KMPH.

Try removing the front flanges and see if things improve. If yes, then fit a free wheeling hub.

Also, donít expect Thar like experience from the 540. Try driving a couple of other 540ís and see how yours fares.

rch_vijayant 31st October 2019 14:13

Re: Engine, Gearbox, Diff ratios, axles options for the JEEP
 
[quote=Shubhendra;4684659]
Quote:

Originally Posted by rch_vijayant (Post 4684229)
Lastly I would like your suggestions whether to sale the Jeep as there is not much use of it. {/QUOTE]

If you are not using much why to keep it? but Jeep is such a vehicle, you think of selling when own it and you think of buying when you sell it :)
I presume in current condition you may have 4.88 crown pinion ratio, you can swap this set with 4.27 as you dont use it for offroad, it wont impact you much but will increase your top end.

Shubhendra

Thanks for your advice. Just want to know if current Peugeot engine will be compatible with 4.27 C/P ratio ? As it is high rpm engine in comparison to DI engine. It is a layman idea which needs comments from expert like you. Thanks in advance.

rch_vijayant 31st October 2019 15:21

Re: Engine, Gearbox, Diff ratios, axles options for the JEEP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhanushs (Post 4684735)
Try removing the front flanges and see if things improve. If yes, then fit a free wheeling hub.

Also, donít expect Thar like experience from the 540. Try driving a couple of other 540ís and see how yours fares.

Sir it is already fitted with Free wheel hub from Swastik. When needed to use 4wd then it is locked otherwise rest of the time the free wheel hub remains in unlocked position. Can you let me know me whether 5 speed gear box with 4wd is available for 540? If available then I will replace it with mine and that will save engine, differential and precious time.

Kosfactor 31st October 2019 16:46

Re: Engine, Gearbox, Diff ratios, axles options for the JEEP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rch_vijayant (Post 4684376)
The only problem is higher fuel consumption and urge of engaging fifth gear( It has only Four forward gears) when it reaches 80+ KMPH. Once I was driving it in GT Road and one Nano Car overtook it.I was embarrassed and stopped it for attending call of nature. lol:

I think this vehicle is perfectly fine as far as I see, if the original specs is around 60 BHP (Some of those horses may have escaped over the years) & a top speed of around 100Kmph, the mileage figure of 12Kmpl at 90Kmph seems good to me.

If at all you are looking at a highway capable Jeep, go ahead and get a Thar CRDe instead.

Lets forget the Nano for now, it can maintain about 110 KMPH, which is more than what an MM540 can do when its brand new :)

Sutripta 31st October 2019 18:46

Re: Engine, Gearbox, Diff ratios, axles options for the JEEP
 
The 500DP (5.38) used to have a top speed of around 105. But you would not want to take it anywhere beyond 80-85. And if you pushed it, fuel consumption (and temperatures) would shoot up. Used like that 12Kmpl would be good.
I expect the 540 to be similar. in that respect 90 top speed is on the low side. (Better than the B275 which had a top speed of ~70. Slower than the trucks on the highway!)

Jeep speedometer/ odometer readings are all over the place. Mostly wildly optimistic, but sometimes the other way around. Very simple to check out the odometer. Principle of shortest/ simplest/ cheapest job first.

Don't expect more than what the vehicle can deliver, and you'll enjoy it. Else get another vehicle. I think there was a thread on the wished for but nonexistent 'highway jeep'.

Regards
Sutripta


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:05.